Official Dolby Atmos Update from Dev Team?

Discus and support Official Dolby Atmos Update from Dev Team? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Would it be possible for someone from the dev team to give us an update on the status of Dolby Atmos support on the Xbox One X and S? I'd be interested... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LordGideon, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Official Dolby Atmos Update from Dev Team?

Would it be possible for someone from the dev team to give us an update on the status of Dolby Atmos support on the Xbox One X and S? I'd be interested to know if it's on a white board anywhere or if the towel's just been thrown in.

Even if it was just an explanation of what they're dealing with on their side, I'd appreciate it.

submitted by /u/LordGideon
    [link] [comments]

/u/LordGideon, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Dolby atmos not working and receiver showing multi channel in.

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  4. KingOfTheRen Win User

Dolby atmos not working and receiver showing multi channel in.

Do you have Dolby Atmos enabled in your Sound Settings? Have you downloaded the Dolby Atmos App from the Microsoft store and collaborated everything? I'm running Atmos currently set up as you described and I get Atmos when available so it isn't an update
    issue. There was an issue with HDR but that was fixed with an update a little while ago.
  5. Krudster Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

This is Xbox One specific, and relates to how Dolby Atmos capabilities via Home Cinema amps. They have been compromised by the fact that the Dolby Atmos app version has not kept up with the firmware of numerous current amps from multiple brands.

Since August, it changed from outputting Atmos signals as "Atmos" to to generic "multi Ch in".

Like many others, I mailed Denon, and it is an issue relating to the MAT container embedded in the Dolby Atmos app. We collectively need a definitive answer on when Microsoft and/or Dolby intends to upgrade to 1.6?

The full quite of the Denon explanation is below:

"Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container.
    And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing
    yet:"
  6. gds1972 Win User

ATMOS and DTSX Support.

Thema:

Official Dolby Atmos Update from Dev Team?

1. Official Dolby Atmos Update from Dev Team? - Similar Threads - Official Dolby Atmos

2. Minecraft Windows 10 cant join any servers other than "official servers"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 cant join any servers other than "official servers": Hi I I'm currently having an issue where i cant join any servers I've tried litterally everything and i still cant join any I've restarted my pc several times and also reinstalled minecraft I've...
  3. Problems with the last official release from November.

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with the last official release from November.: Since the last firmware was silently installed late November the Dashboard startup behavior of the console has changed. Before I could instantly start Destiny and there was no meaningful delay...
  4. Official telescopic Xbox controller for xCloud and Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Official telescopic Xbox controller for xCloud and Windows 10: Microsoft should consider building an official telescopic controller for phones (not slide on like the Razer Junglecat due to needing custom cases per phone.) Would work well for Xcloud, and the...
  5. Official Xbox relaxing controller for xCloud and Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Official Xbox relaxing controller for xCloud and Windows 10: Microsoft should consider building an official telescopic controller for phones (not slide on like the Razer Junglecat due to needing custom cases per phone.) Would work well for Xcloud, and the...
  6. "Microsoft's Xbox streaming app isn't official yet, but it's already way better than...

in XboX Insiders
    "Microsoft's Xbox streaming app isn't official yet, but it's already way better than...: [IMG] submitted by /u/gerosan [link] [comments]
  7. Question. When xcloud is officially out........

in XboX Insiders
    Question. When xcloud is officially out........: Will it only run select games from Game Pass? If we own a game will it possibly be available on xcloud? I'm asking because I want to play RDR2 without using my home console because everyone else...
  8. Is it safe to charge my Elite 2 controller by plugging phone charger to official dock that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it safe to charge my Elite 2 controller by plugging phone charger to official dock that...: I have a wall charger I use for my Xiaomi Mi 8 phone which outputs 2.4A at 5V and I have the official Elite 2 Charging Dock that came with the controller (see picture below). Can I safely plug my...
  9. Xbox official Media remote

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox official Media remote: Hi, is anyone has a problem with volume up not working with Xbox one official media remote? alpha skip ahead ring last update. Thanks submitted by /u/khyaniv [link] [comments]
  10. Could we get "official" discussion posts for the new Home Experiment layouts?

in XboX Insiders
    Could we get "official" discussion posts for the new Home Experiment layouts?: Hey, I know I can give feedback on Xbox directly and I do that, but that just goes to a place I don't have access to and can't really talk about with anyone. There have been a few posts on the...