Offline game save overwrote cloud data

Discus and support Offline game save overwrote cloud data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, So Me and my brother each have our own xbox and xbox live accounts, and we have set it up to game share so that we can both play games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scurtmcgirt, Oct 27, 2019.

1. scurtmcgirt
    scurtmcgirt Guest

Hey all,

So Me and my brother each have our own xbox and xbox live accounts, and we have set it up to game share so that we can both play games together. We have been playing a game together and yesterday he was playing the game offline on my xbox. When the xbox
    connected to the internet again, that offline content synced to the cloud and overwrote the game save in the cloud. When this happened, a character he had already leveled up in the game we were playing(Borderlands 3) was erased and the character that he created
    when in the offline mode replaced it.

I was wondering if there is a way to restore that previous game save? Whether it it is stored on the cloud, or is it possibly stored locally on his xbox that we can restore it from?

Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated as it took quite a bit of time to get that character leveled upOffline game save overwrote cloud data :(

thanks!

:)

scurtmcgirt, Oct 27, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Scur,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with cloud saves and offline game saves. The console is built by design to help save games to the cloud once connected to a network. I recommend to check out the following articles
    for more information:

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  3. Aventhyz Win User

Since the cloud data was overwritten so you can't go back to the previous save, you would have to have deleted the local game data and then restored it to the previous cloud.
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Recovery of synchronised data.

Strange because the save is in the cloud in your profile, however you play offline your save updates later, the problem is updated in the cloud with your progress that was offline, so he overwrote his old save, I hope not. Good luck!
  5. Hordie Win User

Lost save files for Fallout 4. Over 7 hours missing Help!

Sorry you're saves aren't there. Is your Xbox Online, and has it been online? When you open the game do you see "Syncing"? If so then it's talking to the cloud, and likely the troubleshooting steps you took before overwrote your cloud saves. If you did not
    see "syncing data", then your saves could still be on the cloud, and there is just an issue with your profile on the Xbox or something else.
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

Save file problems/Overwrite problems

If you overwrote the data then there is no way to retrive it unless you copied it to the cloud or an external device.
Thema:

1. Offline game save overwrote cloud data - Similar Threads - Offline game save

2. All offline saved data for all games is gone? How to recover data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All offline saved data for all games is gone? How to recover data?: I usually play offline. All the games I have been playing for months are all acting like it is the first time I played the game when I start them now. When I go to load game there is nothing...
  3. offline save game not loading!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    offline save game not loading!!: Recently I started playing a game in xbox initially I am connected online so all save games saves to cloud storage but after 2 days I am started playing offline because there is problem with my...
  4. my xbox one says cloud saves are offline when i want to play any xbox 360 game

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox one says cloud saves are offline when i want to play any xbox 360 game: i sign out and back in also cleared the 360 saves in the storage area cd31a4b4-aa94-4e7c-817c-e316541d6412
  5. Xbox one - Lost half of my offline saved data after console and game update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one - Lost half of my offline saved data after console and game update: I play only story mode. I went offline at about halfway through game and never bothered to be online again till today. Console was saving my latest progress on hard drive I guess so I was fine....
  6. Xbox360 game saves offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 game saves offline: I’ve got a issue with playing games offline, specifically Xbox360 titles. I downloaded all the Gears of War titles so I would have a few more games to play offline. I do not have internet at my...
  7. Save data gone in many Xbox One games while in offline mode.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save data gone in many Xbox One games while in offline mode.: Hello, A few days ago during a network problem that many had for a few hours. I discovered that Xbox One games that I had not played for a few months had no save data. While games I had played...
  8. offline save game not loading!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    offline save game not loading!!: Hi guys! desperately need help - the other day I sync'd my game online to download dead kings, and for some reason now i cant load my offline save file (which i still have stored on my xbox's...
  9. Problem saving games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem saving games offline.: I'm having issues saving games while playing offline. I'm always online when at home but recently the misses house does not have internet. When I go over and play the Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 I'll...
  10. Not saving games to console when play offline??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not saving games to console when play offline??: Playing a game on the xbox one console offline, so expect it to save games to the console, but save after save, after several hours of play and not one save can be found on the consloe. Where are...