Offline gaming

Discus and support Offline gaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there anything I can do to make my console more useful than a damn brick when I have no internet? I tried to start a few games, they all said... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by martindrengen, May 16, 2019.

1. Offline gaming

Is there anything I can do to make my console more useful than a damn brick when I have no internet?

I tried to start a few games, they all said something along the lines of "you have no connection you dong dong, switch to offline mode to play!" then I switch to offline and just get an error code instead. I then check youtube (thanks isp for the unlimited
    data package) and everyone says "enable home xbox" I can't acces the feature without a connection!

A system update that gives us acces to the games we BOUGHT is sorely needed. I'd say something I bought is mine, you are keeping MY property hostage.

Give it back or give me my money.

:)

martindrengen, May 16, 2019
  2. Mystic Shrew Win User

Offline gaming?

@ Icestorm3

I do yes, I have a steam account and all that Jazz. But I can play and access my games offline, Buy them in store then connect them to steam all without the need to go online. And I really want to pick up Rome Total War 2. Plus PC is largely backwards compatible
    (can play a lot of pretty old games)

Every platform has it's strengths and weaknesses I just see more weaknesses in the One than positives.
  3. Mystic Shrew Win User

Offline gaming?

Then I am going to invest in a new PC gaming rig.

One Original Xbox, 3 Xbox 360's (RROD) and one Xbox360 Slim. Roughly 150 + games purchased across those consoles including GOD and arcade games and an Xbox live subscription for the best part of five years.

Well I guess I made a poor long term investment and it's time to cut my loses. When the Xbox came out and I played Halo:CE for the first time I thought I would be buying Xbox's for generations. Oh well.

Thanks for wasting my time MS.
  4. JustinFy Win User

Offline gaming

Set the console that you use as Home :)
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Offline gaming

So, why not set your home xbox? You only need to be connected for a minute.
  6. Greg765718 Win User

Offline gaming

You just need to set your xbox as your home xbox.

System

Settings

Personalisation

My home xbox

Make this my home xbox.

Hope this helps
Thema:

Offline gaming

1. Offline gaming - Similar Threads - Offline gaming

2. Profile displayed as "offline" despite beeing online and playing: No game invites/joins...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile displayed as "offline" despite beeing online and playing: No game invites/joins...: Hello Xbox-Community. I have been playing xbox for years now and getting this strange looking problem the first time ever. I always looked arround online in several discussions, but could not...
  3. Why do I have to reinstall game while offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to reinstall game while offline: Ok so here is the question. I am currently in offline mode because my game wont let me play it because it is due for an update. I tried to hot spot from my pho e but its got 10gb of updates...
  4. Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install disc games offline on my Xbox One S?: I perfer digital games over disc because of a couple of reasons. One of those reasons is that I tried installing a disc game offline without the internet but when it reaches halfway or so, It says...
  5. Xbox one S, can't play games offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one S, can't play games offline: I got my son Xbox one S and I do NOT have Internet. I did take it to a friend's houses with Internet and set it all up, downloaded the games we bought, and even played games. Brought the Xbox home...
  6. Can I play any xbox one oxbox 360 game offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play any xbox one oxbox 360 game offline: DoI have choice trequired to update for game freezing. a6584150-d45d-426e-9ff5-771b0868e2b0
  7. When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?: Hi, I am offline I do have internet but most times, internet keeps cutting off. But right now I am playing WWE 2K18. But on the internet, people have been saying that you can't upload your current...
  8. After a game of Rocket League, a guy threatened to boot my friend offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After a game of Rocket League, a guy threatened to boot my friend offline.: After a game of Rocket League, a player (who we defeated several times) started messaging me and my friend afterwards. Me and my friend only messaged him the phrase, "no u" whenever he messaged us...
  9. my xbox one says cloud saves are offline when i want to play any xbox 360 game

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox one says cloud saves are offline when i want to play any xbox 360 game: i sign out and back in also cleared the 360 saves in the storage area cd31a4b4-aa94-4e7c-817c-e316541d6412
  10. Can 360 games be played offline on the xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can 360 games be played offline on the xbox one: Can you play a 360 backwords compatible game on the xbox one without a internet connection.? Please help. I Want to buy skate but I have to know the answer to my question...