Offline gaming

Discus and support Offline gaming in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there anything I can do to make my console more useful than a damn brick when I have no internet? I tried to start a few games, they all said... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by martindrengen, May 16, 2019.

1. Offline gaming

Is there anything I can do to make my console more useful than a damn brick when I have no internet?

I tried to start a few games, they all said something along the lines of "you have no connection you dong dong, switch to offline mode to play!" then I switch to offline and just get an error code instead. I then check youtube (thanks isp for the unlimited
    data package) and everyone says "enable home xbox" I can't acces the feature without a connection!

A system update that gives us acces to the games we BOUGHT is sorely needed. I'd say something I bought is mine, you are keeping MY property hostage.

Give it back or give me my money.

:)

martindrengen, May 16, 2019
  2. Mystic Shrew Win User

Offline gaming?

@ Icestorm3

I do yes, I have a steam account and all that Jazz. But I can play and access my games offline, Buy them in store then connect them to steam all without the need to go online. And I really want to pick up Rome Total War 2. Plus PC is largely backwards compatible
    (can play a lot of pretty old games)

Every platform has it's strengths and weaknesses I just see more weaknesses in the One than positives.
  3. Mystic Shrew Win User

Offline gaming?

Then I am going to invest in a new PC gaming rig.

One Original Xbox, 3 Xbox 360's (RROD) and one Xbox360 Slim. Roughly 150 + games purchased across those consoles including GOD and arcade games and an Xbox live subscription for the best part of five years.

Well I guess I made a poor long term investment and it's time to cut my loses. When the Xbox came out and I played Halo:CE for the first time I thought I would be buying Xbox's for generations. Oh well.

Thanks for wasting my time MS.
  4. JustinFy Win User

Offline gaming

Set the console that you use as Home :)
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Offline gaming

So, why not set your home xbox? You only need to be connected for a minute.
  6. Greg765718 Win User

Offline gaming

You just need to set your xbox as your home xbox.

System

Settings

Personalisation

My home xbox

Make this my home xbox.

Hope this helps
Thema:

Offline gaming

1. Offline gaming - Similar Threads - Offline gaming

2. Is it safe to play a game offline if you're on single player mode?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it safe to play a game offline if you're on single player mode?: For example, WWE 2K18 or 2K19, are these two a single player game that you can play offline? And if you play without internet, does it sync once you're done or it requires online to sync?...
  3. Offline mid game system starts saying I need internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline mid game system starts saying I need internet: While playing offline or watching a DVD my xbox1 will suddenly bring me to the home screen with a prompt claiming I need internet for this even though I've been playing Or watching movies offline....
  4. Playing games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing games offline.: I am having trouble playing games offline that do not require internet. Keeps telling me I have to sign in. I have not been able to play a single game offline since I bought the console. Was...
  5. PLAYING GAMES OFFLINE.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLAYING GAMES OFFLINE.: Hello, Why do I have to sign in to play a game or watch an app like Hulu? Can't I just watch or play w/o being on xbox live? Thank you 0019ce8b-961f-4a6c-9696-a22977cd3e1d
  6. Unable to play any downloaded games offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any downloaded games offline: Hello, everyone! I bought a Xbox 360 S back in 2010 and over the years it began to have issues to the point where I decided to upgrade to a Xbox 360 E. The problem is that I bought quite a few...
  7. Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did

in XboX Insiders
    Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did: So I usually have no internet as if I'm not working I could easily be online all night but with kids and everything else, my SO takes the power cable for the router but I can usually play GWG and...
  8. Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc: Hello. I am having the same problem another user reported on 8/30 - I cannot play games I've downloaded or have on disc offline. I was able to do this yesterday by simply turning on the xb1....
  9. Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc: i cant play games when i am offline both games i downloaded+installed and also game from game disc. The game does start but after the Intro i have to Press A to continue,then it ask "Who are You"...
  10. offline save game not loading!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    offline save game not loading!!: Recently I started playing a game in xbox initially I am connected online so all save games saves to cloud storage but after 2 days I am started playing offline because there is problem with my...