Offline System Update not working and coming up with troubleshoot screen

Discus and support Offline System Update not working and coming up with troubleshoot screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Offline System Update not working and coming up with the troubleshoot screen. Hello y’all, One day I tried to turn on my Xbox one and the screen went... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lowkeyg, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM.

1. lowkeyg
    lowkeyg Guest

Offline System Update not working and coming up with the troubleshoot screen.

Hello y’all,

One day I tried to turn on my Xbox one and the screen went black. So, like any normal human being, i went to youtube and all i needed to do was troubleshoot it and reset - which was cool. However, it happened a second time, except this time whenever I try
    to restart, reset, or use the Offline System Update, it will reach the verify stage then go straight back to the the troubleshoot screen. I have a hard drive with only the $SystemUpdate thing on it and nothing else, but it still only reaches
    like 16% in the verify section.

I swear to god, if I have to repair it or something, Im going to cry. I have been trying for days still with no luck. Also, the Errors vary, ranging from E101 - E106, if thats necessary.

Thank you

:)

2. JMacdaddyo Win User

I too am having issues with my xbox one x and have spent some time researching solutions. there are 2 different OSU offline update versions. make sure you are using the older one, here is a link to the support page. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution
    it sounds like you will have to perform an "offline system update" again, there is a link on the page on how to do that, and which OSU (2 or 3) you will need to download onto yo0ur PC and then to a thumb(flash) drive. Then you will have to download a
    more recent OSU1 offline update after you perform the first one. here is a further link. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update. good luck.

the hard drives do fail, mine is 3.5 years old and is kaput and I tried Everything. I am currently exploring installing a replacement HDD or SSD myself, since I am beyond the warranty life. That path has certain perils, and I don't recommend it if you haven't
    played with electronics or built a PC to give you some confidence in self repair. I think XBox's service fee is around $199 for them to look at it. just about the price of a refurbished one.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox not loading properly

Hello XCJ GastonX XBOX1Gaston

If you are unable to pull up the troubleshoot screen in this Guide
    Need help with system updates
    Select offline update. Step 3 is getting the troubleshoot menu up Step 6 is getting the update from the website using a windows 10 pc and a usb drive. If unable to do from troubleshoot menu try the offline update.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox forum support
  4. RobertBuckalew Win User

Xbox turns on but nothing happens

5. Max Voigt Win User

Xbox One Stuck on 'Troubleshoot' Menu with E102 error.

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly, I can't actually access the Xbox home screen; only the Troubleshoot menu, so your first link wont help me.

And I've tried the console reset with USB before and when i press the 'Offline system update' button on the "Troubleshoot" menu, it flashes to the update screen, then takes me back to the Troubleshoot menu. In short, it doesnt work.

Thanks for the help though.
  6. PalZer0 Win User

system update

Hello nutter3680.

-

The E101-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx error code indicates that you used an incorrect version of the offline update diagnostic tool. The version you need to download will depend on what your current system software version is.

-

Regarding the error when you try to update online, the string you provided does not appear to be an error code. To get the correct error code, you'll need to hold down both bumpers and both triggers on the "There's a problem with the update" screen. The
    string beside "Update error" on the bottom of that screen is the error code you need to post with. This screen will also tell you the current system software version (needed to determine what version of the offline update diagnostic tool you need to download).

-

For more information on troubleshooting system update errors on Xbox One, please see this support article.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-system-updates

-

For more info on the offline update diagnostic tool and instructions on its use, please go here.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

-

If you submitted your console for repairs and it came back unrepaired, you'll need to follow that up with phone support for your region (make sure to have your service request number handy).
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Offline System Update not working and coming up with troubleshoot screen - Similar Threads - Offline System Update

2. Offline System Update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline System Update not working: My Xbox One S got an error while updating and now doesn't work (E200/E203) When I follow the steps to perform an offline system update the option stays grayed out on the Xbox after I insert the...
  3. offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    offline system update: offline system update stuck at 86% so i jumped thru all the hoops to fix my Xbox and ive hit the end for me. so with the offline system update you have three options, osu1,2,and 3. ive tried the...
  4. offline system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    offline system updates: I've been having problems with my Xbox one x for a while now. it will crash when playing games saying there is a problem with my saved games I follow all steps and usually have to reset it and...
  5. Offline System Update version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline System Update version: So the Xbox recently got an Update, Problem is my xbox one x keeps crapping out and im forced to keep doing offline system updates, hasnt been working with the recent update so im trying to see if...
  6. anybody know what i should do about the offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    anybody know what i should do about the offline system update: i tried the osuf1 and it says preparing console and im thinking its gonna work nope it says something went wrong im at the boiling point c750ec7d-20cf-4f1e-a7b5-4f16edfea3fa
  7. Release Date for Offline System update? OS Version:...

in XboX Insiders
    Release Date for Offline System update? OS Version:...: Good Day Everyone I recently did the omega ring OS Version: 19041.4320.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2010.201004-0000 update on my console and something went wrong now my console needs to do an...
  8. Need a little help with offline system update

in XboX Insiders
    Need a little help with offline system update: Hi, i'm new here... yesterday my xbox one (6 years old) was automaticaly shutting down after i turned it on about one minute, and it kept doing the same thing. I thought that reseting to factory...
  9. When will the Offline System Update get an update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the Offline System Update get an update?: Downloading the Xbox update on 8/28 caused my perfectly functioning Xbox to be unplayable. Giving me the System Error E200. So after exhausting all my options, I downloaded the offline system...
  10. Xbox One X stuck on factory reset and offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X stuck on factory reset and offline system update: Hello Microsoft Community, yesterday when I was watching a movie on Netflix on my console, suddenly it glitched and then the screen froze. Since then I red a lot of articles about similar...