Old gamertag being displayed

Discus and support Old gamertag being displayed in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/itzwoottz [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/itzwoottz, Nov 7, 2019.

1. /u/itzwoottz
    /u/itzwoottz Guest

/u/itzwoottz, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

How to take off classic gamertag

The double gamertag is by design, as they transition over to the new gamertag system. Not all games will display the new gamertag system and as stated, your old gamertag will be displayed on 360 backwards compatible games. Any gamertag you create yourself,
    is a custom gamertag.
  3. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the numbers and my gamertag there's nothing there

Hello, that feature will only be added to games in 2020. Your gamertag does contain the # but it won't display in games for now. Also it isnt confirmed whether old games will display the hashtag, all new games starting sometimes next year will display
    it for sure
  4. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Gamertag

Hello, there is no need to contact support. Your son has the correct gamertag, which was changed under the new system. Games still use the old system and will display the old gamertag until 2020. Even then only new games and certain old games will support
    the new system. There was an option to change the 'old system' gamertag while you were creating the new one but now it's too late to do it for free.
  5. xbox lover 78 Win User

Gamertag has numbers at the end even though no one else has the username

This is the new gamertag system - if you change it again you'll be given to choose both a "new" gamertag (with the numbers) and an "old" gamertag (without the numbers, and this is what will be displayed in just about everything that uses Xbox Live).
  6. ConnorLarsen Win User

Old gamertag is displayed over my new gamertag

Thank you! Do you have any idea when the update is?
Thema:

1. Old gamertag being displayed - Similar Threads - Old gamertag being

2. How to get old gamertag back

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get old gamertag back: A gamertag I've had since 2012 was recently changed by a friend of mine without my knowledge and I was wondering if there's any way to get it back as it was an autogenerated tag that's longer than...
  3. Return old gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Return old gamertag: yes, I had a old gamertag that was very special to me, it got changed due to a family member playing a joke on me, and i have been trying to recover it for the past year now. I am asking for my...
  4. Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant access my old xbox live account. I only know the gamertag but idk the email/phone...: this account was created over 10 years ago when i was a kid and i havnt used it since i played 360 games with my friends pre 2013. i have no idea what email i used. the gamertag is tiindall. i...
  5. Cannot Change back to my old Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Change back to my old Gamertag: I've used the Gamertag "SarenyGames" for a few years now. Recently I tried to make another account for a friend, but when I tried to change that account's Gamertag, it changed my account's...
  6. how can i get my old gamertag back?

in XBoX on Mobile
    how can i get my old gamertag back?: I know this might sound silly but are there anyway to get old gamertag back? My little brother plays on my phone sometimes and about couple months ago somehow he accidentally changed my xbox...
  7. change old gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    change old gamertag: i've recently changed my gamertag for the first time (free) to my desired tag (dataman95) , the system add the number #2797 to it, and im fine about it, the issue is that i didn't notice that you...
  8. HACKER NEEDED i'm waiting 2 years to use again my GamerTag that is still linked with old...

in XBoX Accessibility
    HACKER NEEDED i'm waiting 2 years to use again my GamerTag that is still linked with old...: Hi, I just want to use again my GamerTag. about two years ago I deleted my "old microsoft account" believing that my GamerTag will be still available to use after 60 or 90 days when microsoft...
  9. How to link an old gamertag to a new email

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to link an old gamertag to a new email: I created my old gamertag when I was in college and linked it to my college email. I just got a new system and I no longer have access to that email. Is it possible to get my older gamertag back...
  10. Gamertag is being changed for no reason by you guys and need my old one back i refuse to pay ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag is being changed for no reason by you guys and need my old one back i refuse to pay ...: My account gamer tag is being changed by you guys and i was curious to why because this is the 3rd time you have changed it and i refuse to pay for another new gamer tag so i would appreciate you...