Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag?

Discus and support Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I hope you are having a great day! I have a problem: I need to change my gamertag suffix on the old system and keep the new one. I whould not be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TudbuT, May 23, 2020 at 5:23 AM.

1. TudbuT
    TudbuT Guest

Hello! I hope you are having a great day! I have a problem: I need to change my gamertag suffix on the old system and keep the new one. I whould not be okay with paying... I whould in that case rather create a new account - What do you recommend?

TIA!

:)

2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Tudbut,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on gamertag change. There is no old system any longer. The whole gamertag change has been updated. You can read over the

gamertag FAQ
    for more information. If you already have used the free one, and it asks for a fee. You would need to pay the fee.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Gamertag

Hello, there is no need to contact support. Your son has the correct gamertag, which was changed under the new system. Games still use the old system and will display the old gamertag until 2020. Even then only new games and certain old games will support
    the new system. There was an option to change the 'old system' gamertag while you were creating the new one but now it's too late to do it for free.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Having a double gamertag issue

Xbox is currently changing the Gamertag system.

During that transition period, you might see your old gamertag as well as your new one.

Current and older games that don't know of the new Gamertag system will still show your old Gamertag. And it can take until 2020 until the full transition to the new Gamertag system works in all games.

So currently what you see is not an error. It's just how Gamertags are handled during this transition to the new Gamertag system.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

Because that's just how the new system is. Gamertags are limited to 12 characters to accommodate the suffix if needed. Anyone who already had a gamertag from the old system that was over 12 characters is allowed to keep it, but they will lose it if they
    change the tag.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

Because that's just how the new system is. Gamertags are limited to 12 characters to accommodate the suffix if needed. Anyone who already had a gamertag from the old system that was over 12 characters is allowed to keep it, but they will lose it if they
    change the tag.
Thema:

1. Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag? - Similar Threads - Old gamertag system

2. Want to use my old gamertag/account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want to use my old gamertag/account: Hi I have two Xbox accounts (PC). I can access both. One which I set up years ago, and one I set up more recently with a different/new email address. How can I transfer all my games/purchases etc...
  3. Request to transfer saved content from old to new Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Request to transfer saved content from old to new Gamertag: I recently deleted my old email address [Mod Removed] along with entire Google Account. I setup a yahoo email address [Mod Removed] and Microsoft Account password to go with this in addition to...
  4. Old gamertag emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old gamertag emails: Is there a away to see any old emails used that is associated with you gamertag? 8f6a3112-3f4c-42b0-a763-d510509be69b
  5. Getting back old gamertag after purchasing a new computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting back old gamertag after purchasing a new computer.: I purchased a new computer and I play Microsoft Solitaire Collection and the new Xbox will not let me use my old gamertag which makes me lose my achievements and scores. How can I get it to let me...
  6. My Xbox is showing 2 has gamertags, my old one and new one. Can someone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is showing 2 has gamertags, my old one and new one. Can someone help me?: I changed my gamertag and it's showing my new and old one. In game it shows my old gamertag but in a Xbox party is shows the new gamertag.My friends can see the new one but the old one in game....
  7. Recover Old Xbox Live Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Old Xbox Live Gamertag: Hello, I am trying to recover my old Xbox Live Gamertag that I used to use for my old Xbox 360. I just upgraded to an Xbox One and when I signed into my microsoft account, it is showing a...
  8. Retrieve old gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Retrieve old gamertag: Does anyone know how to retrieve an old gamertag? Ive recently updated mine and forgot the old one. EA need the old gamertag to resolve an issue Im having. 2b5c4623-8a4e-4c5c-b8e0-5c92cc66f53a
  9. Change Xbox gamertag to new to email after old account was locked due to hacking

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Xbox gamertag to new to email after old account was locked due to hacking: My Microsoft account was locked down as it was hacked. I've had this account for over 15years and microsoft won't unlock it due to suspicious behavior. I can't sign in to my old microsoft account...
  10. Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...: So right now I'm kinda pissed cause I changed my gamertag yesterday to what it is on all my other games and it said that it would add 4 numbers to the end of my username. That would've been fine...