Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery

Discus and support Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I know this is kind of a long shot, but I had an xbox account named "" that I used to play on when I was younger. I only used it for Gta 5. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hondo530F, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Hondo530F
    Hondo530F Guest

Hi,

I know this is kind of a long shot, but I had an xbox account named "" that I used to play on when I was younger. I only used it for Gta 5. I recently had to reset my console and I lost all of my login info. Today I created a new account with the same gamertag but its now #5690. I was wondering if there is a way to reset my old account gamertag so I can have the straight gamertag without the extra numbers? The gamertag is kind of sentimental to me. I read that there isn't a way to re login without the account info, shame on me for not writing it down. If anyone knows how I can recover my original gamertag that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

Hondo530F, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

The only way you can possibly get this Gamertag is after 5 years of your Xbox account inactivity. Sadly there is no other way.

''ii. Account Use. You must use your Microsoft account to keep it active. This means you must sign in at least once in a two-year period to keep your Microsoft account, and associated Services, active, unless a longer period is provided in the Microsoft account activity policy at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=2086738 or in an offer for a paid portion of the Services. If you don’t sign in during this time, we will assume your Microsoft account is inactive and will close it for you. Please see section 4.a.iv.2 for the consequences of a closed Microsoft account. You must sign into your Outlook.com inbox and your OneDrive (separately) at least once in a one-year period, otherwise we will close your Outlook.com inbox and your OneDrive for you. You must sign into the Xbox Services at least once in a five-year period to keep the Gamertag associated with your Microsoft account. If we reasonably suspect that your Microsoft account is at risk of being used by a third party fraudulently (for example, as a result of an account compromise), Microsoft may suspend your account until you can reclaim ownership. Based on the nature of the compromise, we may be required to disable access to some or all of Your Content. If you are having trouble accessing your Microsoft account, please visit this website: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=238656....;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/
  3. LimJinn Win User

This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
  4. Miss Portia Win User

Can I completely delete a gamertag?

aagsmith answered correctly, but there is a way to get your Gamertag on your old account; you can change your new account to a different Gamertag, and then change your old account's Gamertag to your desired one.
  5. WPAK Win User

I forgot my old MS account, i only know my gamertag and password

Hi there,

there is no way to recover a gamertag without having the MS email, but you can 'get' the MS email by contacting Xbox Support they will ask you a few questions about the account and if answered correctly they are able to give you the MS email.

To contact Xbox Support use:
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
    or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
    for the phone number

-

Regarding the second question, it is not possible to unactivate an account to be able to use that old gamertag on a different account. to do so you will need to change the gamertag twice. On the old account, from your old gamertag to a new one, and on your
    current account, from your current (XxTictozoxX) gamertag to the old gamertag.

See this how to change a gamertag:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

-

Keep in mind that each gamertag change will cost 800msp and those points will need to be on the account that is doing the change.
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Creating xbo account

Thema:

1. Old xbox account gamertag change or recovery - Similar Threads - Old account gamertag

2. Old account with a gamertag I'd like

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account with a gamertag I'd like: My gamertag is Ricardo rpd5837 but I just want Ricardo rpd. The acc with Ricardo rpd has 0 gamerscore and 2 followers and is highly inactive. Is there a way i can request the gamertag from them?...
  3. Account recovered, but not my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovered, but not my old gamertag?: Hello to anyone that sees this, I recently got my account recovered from a hacker by Microsoft support, and a lot of my account switched to a new email and everything. In the email they sent to...
  4. Migrate old account to new account: Gamertag isn't allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrate old account to new account: Gamertag isn't allowed: I had a microsoft account in @live.ca I configured the Gamertag I wanted in this account. A few years later, I created a new microsoft account. The account I'm using right now. I want to move my...
  5. hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....

in XBoX Accessibility
    hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....: I haven't played on my old xbox gamertag for years, but thought to sign into it to try out Halo infinite. I wanted to remove my old hotmail address from the microsoft account associated with my...
  6. If my account was hacked and somebody changed my gamertag, will I be able to get my old one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If my account was hacked and somebody changed my gamertag, will I be able to get my old one...: The title basically, 3 days ago on the 20th my account was hacked (I found out yesterday, recovered my account and reset my password, we are all good in that sense) and the person who hacked me...
  7. My old gamertag wasn’t linked to my old account when I recovered it?!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old gamertag wasn’t linked to my old account when I recovered it?!: Hi After finally able to get into my old yahoo email address I was able to have Microsoft send an email to my old email to recover my old account that has my old gamertag “Hazezal”. I recovered...
  8. How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?: Many moons ago I created an Xbox live account under an old email. This email explicitly showed my name (it had my first initial and last name in it). For various reasons I wont divulge I under...
  9. Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer and replace a Gamertag, delete old account: Hi i tried to figure out how to solve my problem by reading FAQs, chatting and telephoning with the support and read through old board entries. But no success. My szenario: Account 1:...
  10. I have my gamertag and my password, but, I don't know my email because my account is old

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my gamertag and my password, but, I don't know my email because my account is old: My original Xbox 360 stopped working due to the Xbox 360 "red dot of death", which is related to the "red ring of death". I bought a new 360 as my old one from 2012 no longer worked. I...