On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable

Discus and support On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I called tech support for my school and they don't know what it wrong because I have tried everything they said but nothings working. My xbox connects... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BlubberyBean0, Feb 20, 2014.

1. On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable

I called tech support for my school and they don't know what it wrong because I have tried everything they said but nothings working. My xbox connects to the network but it won't connect to the internet. I can't restart the router because we don't have one.
    Does anyone have suggestions? I tried restarting it, restoring factory settings, everything ive seen ive tried but nothing is working. The tech guy told me it could be the cable but I just bought it for this reason only. I only want the update to play old
    games, i don't really care if im connected to xbox live. This is just really frustrating. I tried to put the update on a USB and CD too but nothing worked. The USB said it didn't have enough room for it after i had it configured to the xbox even though it
    was a 16GB one. Does anyone have suggestions for that too so i can try?

:)

BlubberyBean0, Feb 20, 2014
  2. Silen7
    Silen7 Guest
    How to Connect Internet Cable directly to Xbox 360

Hi everybody.

So recently I've been experiencing a lot of lag on CoD, i.e, whenever I join a game I get 2-bar and 3-bar connections. So I decided to search for some solutions. I read somewhere that I can fix this problem by directly connecting my Xbox to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now the problem arises as I do not possess an Ethernet cable.
    Currently, I have a cable through which Internet is supplied (It's a Fibrenet connection, which uses Optical Fibres for transmitting the Internet) and this cable is connected to a router which provides me WiFi.
    I was wondering if I can connect my Internet Cable directly to the Xbox 360 without Ethernet cables.
    (The cable looks exactly like an Ethernet cable so it can fit into the Ethernet jack of the Xbox, so that problem is covered.)

EDIT : I connected the Internet Cable to the Xbox but when I tested connection, It does not connect to Internet. Help

Silen7, Feb 20, 2014
  3. MattBrigade
    MattBrigade Guest
    Can Connect to Network, but not Internet

So I'm in my college dorm and I can connect to the internet via hard wire. (Ethernet) When I test my connection I can get into the network, but I can't connect to the internet. Help!

MattBrigade, Feb 20, 2014
  4. On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable

You need to use a USB that hasn't been configured to the Xbox. Once you configure it, the xbox basically reserves all the space on it for Xbox use effectively filling it up. so either format the USB stick or use another one.

Skeeter Quill, Feb 20, 2014
Thema:

On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable

1. On dorm internet. Can't connect with ethernet cable - Similar Threads - dorm internet Can't

2. Teredo is unable to qualify in College dorm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify in College dorm: I cannot play Forza Horizon 3 online at all so this is the major issue and may result in demanding a refund as I cannot access the majority of the game due to a bug I have tried everything on...
  3. Teredo is unable to qualify in College dorm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify in College dorm: I cannot play Forza Horizon 3 online at all so this is the major issue and may result in demanding a refund as I cannot access the majority of the game due to a bug I have tried everything on...
  4. Teredo Address not Obtained on college dorm network connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo Address not Obtained on college dorm network connection: I cannot play Forza Horizon 3 online at all so this is the major issue and may result in demanding a refund as I cannot access the majority of the game due to a bug. I have tried everything on...
  5. I live in a dorm at a university and my Xbox is the only one that can't connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I live in a dorm at a university and my Xbox is the only one that can't connect!: I have tried unplugging the router multiple times, hard reset my Xbox by holding the power button, and even going into the settings and resetting it that way as well. Currently, there is three...
  6. I just got my X1 to my college dorm but it wont let me join the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got my X1 to my college dorm but it wont let me join the wifi: Hey guys I need help to connect my X1 to my college dorms wifi. It wont fully connect to the wifi since I need to go to a web page to accept the wifi. 8072e230-a871-442c-b01d-05dc171fe272
  7. Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Connect to Xbox Live from dorm =( I get through router but not to the internet.: Hey there, I just settled into my college dorm and I can't seem to access Xbox live, I get to xbox360-->router---xx-- internet. I failed on the internet part and I get an error message "internet...
  8. Trouble Connecting to XBL From Dorm Room

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble Connecting to XBL From Dorm Room: Hey guys! I recently moved into a dorm room and havent been able to connect to XBL since. When I test the network connection everything is good until it gets to the xbox live part. Now, ive tried...
  9. In college dorms attempting to connect with an ethernet cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    In college dorms attempting to connect with an ethernet cord: hello fellow xbox users, i have registered my xbox one on to the network at my university, but i am not able to play multiplayer this way, as the screen says opponent lost everytime i attempt to...
  10. Xbox 360 reaches Network but not Internet (Dorm)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 reaches Network but not Internet (Dorm): Mod Edited What Region/State/Province do you live in: USA Oregon Modem brand and model number: I am not sure as I live in a dorm im using a wired ethenet wire into the wall plug....