On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all...

Discus and support On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since I installed the latest Minecraft update on the Xbox, I can't use any controller to select things and get past the main menu on Minecraft. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Katia_Hzm, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Katia_Hzm
    Katia_Hzm Guest

On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all...

Since I installed the latest Minecraft update on the Xbox, I can't use any controller to select things and get past the main menu on Minecraft. I can only use the USB keyboard and mouse that are plugged into the Xbox to play Minecraft, and even then it's really laggy and I would love to use my controller again.

First off, after the update was installed, Minecraft loaded with it saying that it detected that the narrator is on, despite it being off in the Xbox setting system. I couldn't turn it off at all on my account, using any controller. I tried logging into my brother's account, the narrator also turned on but I was able to select the off option using the controller and everything was fine. On my account, I can only turn off the narrator using the attached USB mouse.

I tried getting past the narrator detection screen using the mouse, and then proceeding with the controller, it didn't work.

So technically what I tried are as the following:

• Trying a new brand controller that we recently bought.
    • I tried turning on and turning off the narrator, and then restarting Minecraft on my account.
    • I tried restarting the console.
    • I tried uninstalling and re-installing Minecraft.
    Nothing helped.

You can see a short video that I took of how I can't select anything on the menu using the controller, but it works fine with the mouse.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsTfaGcKAESygQzUHePHrQ8aqdWW

:)

Katia_Hzm, Aug 17, 2022
  2. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Two 360's, I need to share a game.

Smwutches, I think minecraft works differently then that. As I said, even though my son purchased the game and it is tied to his account, I can play just fine using my account. Plus, I bought the skin packs for minecraft, and he can use all of them using
    his account. Plus, as I said, my brother in law purchased minecraft using his ONLINE LIVE account and my sister can play the game fine using her offline non-LIVE account.
  3. JesterFX Win User

Xbss mic problem

I have tried with an Xbox 1 control pad and that works fine. But that seems ridiculous that I can't use my xbss new controller on my xbss
  4. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Two 360's, I need to share a game.

I think the forum monster ate my first answer so here I go again. My son downloaded minecraft using his LIVE account and I am able to play it using my LIVE account. My brother in law downloaded minecraft using his LIVE account and my sister can play using
    her offline account. I would think things will work just fine.
  5. MagazineCow4830 Win User

xbox 360 wired controller not recognized by pc/ driver for controller no working

I bought a Xbox 360 wireless controller a while ago, the controller was working fine before I got windows 10. Everything connects and the device says that it's running properly but when I enter any game I can't get the controller to work at all. So like
    I said everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't use the controller in a game or anywhere for that matter. Any ideas? Thanks!
  6. Irishjob Win User

ELITE CONTROLLER IS A RIP OFF

I have an xbox one elite controller, it's working fine - Use it as my primary controller and the grips / buttons all work fine, you must have been unlucky and received a defective unit.
Thema:

1. On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all... - Similar Threads - account can't controller

2. Can't log into account; keeps asking me to enter my password even though I entered it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into account; keeps asking me to enter my password even though I entered it...: Hello, I'm trying to log onto my xbox account. Firstly, when I give my details it asks me to set up Windows Hello. Once I do that it then says "Just a moment..." before sending me back to enter...
  3. I changed my E-mail on my microsoft account, and now i can't play games on my xbox one s....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my E-mail on my microsoft account, and now i can't play games on my xbox one s....: I changed my E-mail on my microsoft account, and now i can't play games on my xbox one s. I can load in to my xbox account and it shows the new email, but every time i want to play with a game(for...
  4. My microsoftc account got hacked and blocked and now I can't unblock it, please help me. I...

in XboX Insiders
    My microsoftc account got hacked and blocked and now I can't unblock it, please help me. I...: So my microsoft account got hacked and when I noticed that, I immediately asked for help xbox support and thay said they will start account escalation process to help me, but few days after that i...
  5. I can't log into minecraft because not which microsoft account is linked to PSN

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into minecraft because not which microsoft account is linked to PSN: I don't know which of my Microsoft accounts is linked to PSN, I've tried all the accounts I have, but still the same error appears saying "oops! it looks like your account is already connected,...
  6. Can't see email on child xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't see email on child xbox account: Hi there everyone, My younger sister has a child Xbox account (With her actual age, not an adult account). While she is logged into this account on the console, she cannot see her email on the...
  7. Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't use remote play without signing into account, problem is I have no controller: I have broken my controller and I have no need to get a new one. I decided to try and use remote play and use my phone as a controller.. problem is you need a controller to sign into the account...
  8. I can't add my Xbox One controller to my microsoft account and can't check warranty because...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't add my Xbox One controller to my microsoft account and can't check warranty because...: For some reason, afterI add my Xbox One controller to my account, it does not appear on the devices list. I have tried adding it and waiting and it did not work. If I could be able to add my...
  9. Can't set parental controls on child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't set parental controls on child account: I have 4 accounts in my family group. One is me and 3 child accounts. 2 of the child accounts are fine, the third is always in a state of "Something went wrong - try again in a little while" in...
  10. Can't share Xbox live with second account / control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't share Xbox live with second account / control: We have tried everything to get my youngest child using the Xbox live (to play Fortnite) using the main XBOx Live gold subscription. Please help - we're getting very desperate here.... ;-)...