On screen prompts

Discus and support On screen prompts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have xbox 360, the screen prompts during gameplay such as tomb raider are very poor, i cannot read them, is there a way to make them better quality... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spacefrog360, Aug 19, 2019.

1. spacefrog360
    spacefrog360 Guest

On screen prompts

I have xbox 360, the screen prompts during gameplay such as tomb raider are very poor, i cannot read them, is there a way to make them better quality or ever bigger, i have tried the tv setting but no joy.

Thank you.

:)

spacefrog360, Aug 19, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

On screen prompts

Hey frog

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with in-game screen prompts.

In order to
    improve the video quality of the Xbox 360
    , you might want to change the resolution of your console.

When you connect your console to a TV or monitor, the console uses default settings based on your TV and cable type. In some cases, you can change these settings to improve video quality. If you use an HDMI cable, the console automatically selects
    the best settings.

Additionally, if you are using an HDTV, you can use high definition quality if your A/V cable or HDMI support it.

This can be done by following these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select
      System Settings.
    2. Select Console Settings.
    3. Select Display.
    4. Select HDTV Settings.
    5. Select the appropriate screen resolution for your TV or monitor.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  3. MindedThunder81 Win User

On screen prompts

It's worth noting that some games just have terrible resolution to begin with, so it's possible that some button prompts just look bad because of a decision the developers themselves made.

As others have stated before, your best bet would probably be to get an HDMI cable and connect to your TV with that if at all possible. That may help the quality of the graphics.

Alternatively, most times On-Screen button prompts are color coded to correspond with the colors of the buttons on a normal controller, so taking colors into account may help in some cases.

I wish you the best of luck in getting those pesky prompts to be more visible!
  4. spacefrog360 Win User

On screen prompts

Thank you for your reply, to connect to console to the tv i am using the stock connector, it has three coloured connectors, so i am guessing i need to connect with a better lead, or an HDMI cable?

do i connect this as well as the other….?

i appreciate any help you can give….

Thank you so much….
  5. Drizzle 084 Win User

On screen prompts

Try to make sure your 360 is set to the correct resolution. Not the setting on the TV its self, but go into settings on the 360 and make sure you're at the proper resolution. The Xbox should have a setting for automatic.
  6. spacefrog360 Win User

On screen prompts

so i take it that the HDMI is the best lead for best quality, one big problem is my xbox doesnt have an HDMI port.

so i suppose there wont be much else i can do.

the setting on the console are set to automatic.

i know i am getting. older but the quality of the prompts really are poor, pixels missing and such like.

i know my xbox is old, but i have just dug it out from the cupboard, its only been used for a short while and is still as new…… so shame to bin it.
Thema:

On screen prompts

1. On screen prompts - Similar Threads - screen prompts

2. Xbox one s screen is messed up bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s screen is messed up bad: I turned on my xbox and the screen is completely dragged of, srot of mirrored and the bottom of it is grey. [img] I tried doing a hard reset, then a factory reset, but nothing has worked....
  3. Achievements not showing on screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not showing on screen: Got a weird one happening now and then on the Xbox One X when unlocking achievements they are popping up on screen. They do on my phone and ipad but not the xbox itself. Tried all the suggestions...
  4. Xbox One Green Screen stuck after playing Borderlands 3

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Green Screen stuck after playing Borderlands 3: Xbox One OS Version: 18363.7152.amd64fre.19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.190908-1922 downloaded borderlands 3 over weekend, booted it up last night to check there were not additional updates,...
  5. Sea of Thieves SİYAH EKRAN Sorunu [Mod Translation - Sea of Thieves BLACK SCREEN Problem]

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves SİYAH EKRAN Sorunu [Mod Translation - Sea of Thieves BLACK SCREEN Problem]: ÖNCEDEN HİÇBİR SIKINTI YOKTU KUSURSUZ ŞEKİLDE OYNUYORDUM FAKAT BUGÜN OYUNU AÇTIĞIMDA LOGO GÖZÜKTÜKTEN SONRA OYUNUN SİYAH EKRANDA KALDIGINI GÖRDÜM 10 DAKİKA BEKLEDİM FAKAT BİR SONUÇ ALAMADIM. [Mod...
  6. On-Screen keyboard not appearing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    On-Screen keyboard not appearing.: Ok so I sign in and I can't type the keyboard doesn't show up I don't have a wireless keyboard and I can't type my Wi-Fi login so I can't use Xbox smartphone 2b8e4170-5958-4661-814d-2479a13db9b5
  7. OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

in XboX Insiders
    OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV: While watching TV using the OneGuide app, the Xbox goes into screen saver (showing close achievements, etc). I've filed a report on the Xbox, just thought I'd post here also. submitted by...
  8. Can't purchase anything. No error code, just keeps bringing me back to purchase screen. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything. No error code, just keeps bringing me back to purchase screen. Help!: I have an Xbox One S and haven't had any problems making purchases until just the other day. Tried to buy my daughter a new world in Minecraft and after punching in my PIN and confirming the buy,...
  9. Notifications of success at the top of the screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications of success at the top of the screen?: Hello. I am an Insider member of the Beta version, I will want to know if we can change notifications of success, to appear at the top of the screen. Thanks for your help^^...
  10. Stuck on Screen that prompts you to hit Middle button,

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck on Screen that prompts you to hit Middle button,: Hello, I went on to Factory Reset my xbox and clicked delete games and apps too, upon it completing it's now on the screen where you have to hit the middle "x" on the controller. I have tried...