On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

Discus and support On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to)... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/docktacake, Aug 25, 2019.

1. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb

In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and it will tell you, but that's the confirmation page. It's very easy to type the wrong username (or just any username to see if it's taken) and accidentally confirm it since the confirmation page is the page that tells you what your username will be.

submitted by /u/docktacake
    [link] [comments]

/u/docktacake, Aug 25, 2019
  2. EnolaCat Win User

Change FortNite Name

Hey dubstir --

Using a web browser, go to https://www.epicgames.com and sign into your account. You'll have the option to choose the platform your account is on when logging in. Choose the Xbox icon to sign into your account using your Xbox Gamertag and credentials. Once
    logged in, you should see your Epic Name displayed in the top right-hand corner of the web page, click on your name and go to "Account". Before you can change your Epic Name (Fortnite Display Name) you'll need to ensure you've verified your account via email.

You will see your "Display Name" in the first field. If you are eligible for a name change, you can do it there. You can only change your Epic Name every 2 weeks, so ensure you really want the name that you've chosen and that it doesn't violate Epic Games or
    Xbox Codes of Conduct of course.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

how do I change

Njal the Blue already correctly explained how you can change your Gamertag name and Avatar on the Xbox One console.

On a Windows 10 PC you can do the same by downloading the free Avatar App. Simply open the Windows 10 Start menu, and type "Xbox Avatar", and the search results should show the app directly, or a link that opens the App Store to get the free App.

This page here explains how to change your Gamertag name on various devices and through your Web browser.

If you actually want to change your "Real Life" name that is displayed when you share your actual name on Xbox, you can change your name on
    https://account.microsoft.com and changing your personal profile information.
  4. Boom B00M Boom Win User

xbox one s profiles (family (adult-who occassional plays and 2 children who play)

Seeing as you are not trying to change the Gamertag's this may be the simplest solution:

Log into the email account your gamertag uses via you Microsoft account, edit display name.

How to change the name that is displayed:

https://account.live.com/ > Login > Left side of screen > Select Overview > Edit Display Name > Enter what you want displayed in the first name field only. You will have to put something in the last name
    field but it will not show on the XB1 dashboard.

Log out of you XB1 then back in. If it does not change give it a few minutes. It will eventually update.

One more option:

"How to change your Microsoft account display name"
  5. Lavindathar Win User

Gamertag

No. Gamertag change does nothing except change the display name of your gamertag. That's it.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Gametag xbox sur windows10 [Translation-On windows10 xbox Gametag]

Hi Timonier,

So it seems that your Gamertag is displaying your birthdate for Xbox on Windows 10? Is that correct?

Your gamertag should not be displaying anything but the gamertag itself. You have a gamer picture associated with the profile and you can allow only your friends to see your account name, but publicly the only thing that is shown is the gamertag and no sensitive
    information. The only way a birthdate would be in the gamertag is if the date was put in the gamertag to begin with.

If you created a new gamertag when you first signed up and did not use the random one given to you, then you have already used up your one free change since you already chose a unique name during account creation. This means you will need to pay a small
    fee to change your name anytime:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag
Thema:

On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

1. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is... - Similar Threads - gamertag change page

2. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamertag: Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad...
  3. Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]: Bonjour , je souhaiterais changer de Gamertag mais quand je veux le changer il est écrit que j'ai déj utilisé mon changement gratuit , hors je n'ai pas souvenir d'avoir déj changé mon pseudo ,...
  4. Cannot change gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change gamertag: I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the gamertag I used is replaced by a random one. I go...
  5. Cambiar gamertag (Change gamertag)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cambiar gamertag (Change gamertag): Hola, me gustaría cambiar mi gamertag, aunque tiene un costo, pero me gustaría usar una tarjeta de regalo, solo que no sé que tarjeta de regalo es, ¿Alguien me podría decir que tarjeta de regalo...
  6. How long does it take for my gamertag to change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my gamertag to change.: I paid for a gamertag change. I was charged 9.99 on my credit card... My name hasn't changed. fc4fae49-13a5-45e0-b0db-2b72c6a8b723
  7. June Gamertag changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    June Gamertag changes: When will Xbox One be receiving the Gamertag changes issued for the Gamebar and Xbox App for PC in June? I would really like to see these changes on Xbox One. 1962dff4-8f17-405d-90e0-b8621a6d5bd8
  8. Change GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change GamerTag: Hi Xbox, If I change my Xbox GamerTag will all my game progress be lost? Thanks! 3d17c3ae-a720-48e8-a3b1-d2161ab5bc48
  9. I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay

in XBoX on Windows
    I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay: So basically i have this old gamertag that i got bored of and tried to change it but i need to pay. It is my right not to pay for it (this came out kinda agressive but you know what i am...
  10. Windows 10 Gamertag Change page doesn't load properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Gamertag Change page doesn't load properly.: Long story short, I'm trying to change my gamertag via Windows 10 (since I don't actually own an Xbox), but whenever I try to claim my new gamertag and pay for it, it just never finishes loading...