One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta

Discus and support One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I already opened a support request on the Sea of Thieves website with this issue. They directed me to the Microsoft Support for Sea of Thieves.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustPazuzu, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JustPazuzu
    JustPazuzu Guest

Hello,

I already opened a support request on the Sea of Thieves website with this issue. They directed me to the Microsoft Support for Sea of Thieves. When I opened a support post in the Sea of Thieves category, I was asked to get help on the Sea of Thieves website.
    So I want to break that vicious cycle and decided to post my issue here in the Account Support area.

Game: Sea of Thieves

Platform: PC (NOT xbox)

So here's my silly "little" problem:

When I registered for Sea of Thieves, I created an xbox.com account and received a gamertag. On a later date I had to merge my Xbox and my old Skype account, because they both used the same eMail address.

Here's the thing:

When I created my Xbox account, I chose the gamertag RealPazuzu. But when I had to merge my accounts, a new gamertag has been assigned to my account and I set it to , because the gamertag RealPazuzu was already in use (by the same account with
    the same eMail address, d'uh).

I receive eMails for both gamertags to the same eMail address. So I recently received a verification that my Gamertag RealPazuzu is considered "Sea of Thieves Founder" by now and welcome to join the Closed Beta. And another eMail that asks me to preorder
    the game if I want to join the Closed Beta with my Gamertag .

If I log into Xbox, Microsoft Store or Xbox Insider-Hub with the associated eMail address, I can only access the gamertag "". That means I got no chance to login with the other gamertag, because it uses the same eMail address.

This is very frustrating, because I'm very much looking forward to the game and would have loved to give it a shot.

Is there any chance to fix this account/database twist?

Thanks guys, any kind of help would be very much appreciated!

One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta [​IMG]

One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta [​IMG]

:)

JustPazuzu, Jan 25, 2018
  2. Missing Pre order email

I pre ordered the sea of thieves black dog closed beta, and do not have the email with the code for the closed beta.

JDWolfe-[xboxvenue], Jan 25, 2018
  3. HYDRO1313
    HYDRO1313 Guest
    Too Early

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta wont start. Error: Too Early.

HYDRO1313, Jan 25, 2018
  4. One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta

The only thing i can reccomend is to get in contact with xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them both gamertags and if they can verify the ownership of the account then they can tell you exactly what the email associated for signing
    into the accounts with is.

there is no way that 2 gamertags can be associated with one email address for signing in purposes.

they can be connected in regards as billing and correspondence but not for signing in purposes.

steeledwand7664, Jan 25, 2018
Thema:

1. One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta - Similar Threads - Account Gamertags Causing

2. How do IRetreive ole gamertag and stolen account plus purchased games and 12 months live?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do IRetreive ole gamertag and stolen account plus purchased games and 12 months live?: Is there anyway to migrate old purchased Microsoft Software, and ea(eletronic arts)-games, live12months multiplay and upgrades, updates, once identity is re-established ? To a new account and...
  3. Two gamertags linked to one microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two gamertags linked to one microsoft account: Recently, I downloaded a companion app for destiny 2 on my phone only to discover that my account that I have been playing on for close to 8 years has not been activated. I logged in onto my...
  4. Issues with gamertag and account region.

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with gamertag and account region.: I've recently created this xbox account for a game i wanted to buy on pc. I later found out that my gamertag was "Mars vdb". Problem is that i've never _ever_ used this name for anything nor...
  5. Deleted Microsoft account but gamertag is still viewable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted Microsoft account but gamertag is still viewable: Hi, After asking for help about deleting my Xbox account a couple of years ago, I was told the only way to do so would be to delete the Microsoft account it was attached to. I did this at the...
  6. GamerTag linked to another person EA Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamerTag linked to another person EA Account: I never had my EA account linked to my Xbox gamertag. I never played games that required that, so at some point 5 or 6 years ago my xbox account was compromised. At that time the person linked my...
  7. Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving GamerTag account to another Microsoft account (Parent/Adult Child): I created an Xbox GamerTag using my hotmail account 10-15 years ago which in time became my Microsoft account that I use primarily for personal email. Since that time, my son who is now 18+,...
  8. Forgot email of my account only remember password and gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot email of my account only remember password and gamertag: Hi,I recently had the green screen of death so i reset my whole xbox, i noticed 10 minutes later i didnt know my email. Mygamertag is acridnixanity please help e9cde948-5427-4259-82b8-bd35196bd0ee
  9. I have two gamertags connected to one e-mail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two gamertags connected to one e-mail account: Good evening, Tonight I was faced with a very technical issue on my Xbox One. While I was playing fortnite, obviously connected online, when the electrical current of my apartment suddenly...
  10. Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account: I want to change my Xbox gamertag to a name of an inactive gamertag. I just had a chat with Microsoft support and they have informed me that the person that had this gamertag closed their account,...