One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation

Discus and support One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Downloaded nba 2k19 yesterday which downloaded fine but when I select a certain mode on the game it just shuts the console down saying it had poor... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by seanyclay, Jul 23, 2019.

1. seanyclay
    seanyclay Guest

Downloaded nba 2k19 yesterday which downloaded fine but when I select a certain mode on the game it just shuts the console down saying it had poor ventilation(it doesnt) and I have even moved the Xbox and left it unplugged overnight and when I went on it
    again on that mode on nba it shuts down again still...

Any thoughts?

Regards

Sean

:)

seanyclay, Jul 23, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Sean,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I would definitely give that a shot. If the re-installation doesn't help the issue, then you should report this issue through the insider hub. You can also try going to
    the developer for further assistance.

To report this issue on the Xbox :

1. On your console, install the
      Xbox Insider Hub
      app (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down the Xbox button
      on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.
  3. CamicaziBoss Win User

Here's the link for how to properly ventilate your Xbox. A can of compressed air can be used to clear dust from the vents, but if the vents are clear
    and clean, you may need to get a repair.

As for why it's just the one game, it may be simply that the mode where this occurs requires more power from your system, so it produces more heat than normal.

If this is happening frequently, I would avoid that mode; repeated overheating can cause serious damage to your console's internals.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello seanyclay,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Does this issue occur with any other games? Which troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far? Does the console shut
    down when you use other modes in the game? Is your
    console's energy mode
    set to instant-on or energy-saving? Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. seanyclay Win User

No it doesn't happen with any other games for example I'm playing red dead redemption now and have been for a few hours no problems but when I put on nba which I downloaded yesterday from the store every time I try to play a certain type of game on there
    it shuts the console down and when I restart it it says it done that because it had poor ventilation..it's power mode is instant on.i have even moved Xbox to and even more well ventilated area and it still happens.could it be resolved by just deleting it and
    reinstalling it?
  6. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox won’t turn on

This could be a result of poor ventilation. The Xbox is designed to shut down to avoid overheating. Here is the

support page
    which walks you through console placement suggestions.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation - Similar Threads - game keeps shutting

2. All games keep crashing mostly during startup, if I make it past that it will crash during...

in XBoX on Windows
    All games keep crashing mostly during startup, if I make it past that it will crash during...: Hello again everyone, It appears the last post I submitted looked like it got messed up somehow so Ill ask the question again in hopes it doesn't happen twice. I have purchased the Xbox GamePass...
  3. All games keep crashing mostly during startup, if I make it past that it will crash during...

in XBoX on Windows
    All games keep crashing mostly during startup, if I make it past that it will crash during...: <p>Good morning yall,</p><p></p><p>I was wondering if anyone knows any workarounds for all games crashing to desktop (without an error message) either during startup or in less than 30 mins. A...
  4. Online Game won’t install and update and keeps saying “Installation Stopped”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online Game won’t install and update and keeps saying “Installation Stopped”: As of today I have not been able to play most of my games for they need to be updated but whenever trying to update it says installation stooped after like 10 seconds. I have tried literally...
  5. Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 3 keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the start of game.: hi all, I'm unable to play Crackdown 3 as it keep shutting down my Xbox one X at the same point of games very time I try to play. this point is right at the start of the game when you are in the...
  6. game keeps freezing. fix it or shut it down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game keeps freezing. fix it or shut it down: this is the most frustrating game I've ever played. It won't connect half the time. when it does, it freezes up and you lose everything. I play several games and they are all fine. this is...
  7. My Xbox one console keep shutting down everytime I play game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console keep shutting down everytime I play game: I having problem with my console keep shutting down itself when I play game. It working just fine when Im watching Netflix etc. But everytime I play game, I could play about 5 to 10 minutes then I...
  8. Xbox One S Keeps shutting off during online game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Keeps shutting off during online game play: So I got the new Xbox One S Gears of War Edition for Christmas 3 months ago. About two weeks after I got it, it started to seize up and turn itself off during online game play. I tried switching...
  9. My Xbox One keeps shutting down after a minute or two of trying to play a game on my account, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps shutting down after a minute or two of trying to play a game on my account, ...: My Xbox shuts down every time I try to play a game, ive tried the power cycle, I've tried deleting my profile. None of it works. I just got this console and this is very frustrating. Please help!...
  10. Xbox 360 keeps shutting off mid-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 keeps shutting off mid-game: Recently the Xbox 360 has been shutting off mid-game. It has happened three times in the last four days on two different games. The Xbox will shut off, but the controller will stay on. After the...