One Guide Unable to Change Channels

Discus and support One Guide Unable to Change Channels in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by o2211991, May 4, 2019.

1. o2211991
    o2211991 Guest

I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to change the channels, either through voice, controller, or media remote. The only way I can change channel
    is with my DirecTV remote. "Xbox watch TV" voice command is able to change to cable, but commands to switch channel does not work.

I was told by a Microsoft rep over the phone that Kinect may not support my newer Genie receiver, so I'd need to get a IR extender. I have obtained the extender, connected it, positioned it to my cable box, and changed the setting in my cable box to receive
    IR signals, and still it does not work. I have also tried a second HDMI cable. Also tried resetting the Xbox and OneGuide setting multiple times. I am absolutely stumped. Any help is appreciated!!!!

:)

o2211991, May 4, 2019
  2. MvL Guardian Win User

The only last step I could suggest, is to try to manually select your set top box versus letting it auto detect it.
  3. MvL Guardian Win User

During that set up process was the xbox able to turn off the device as it attempts to do?

Edit: also being canadian and not having direct tv access i did some googling to find out more about your box.

Ive found similar users with issues with these devices. One person mentioned turning off native mode in the direct tv box, so that may be something to try.

They apparently are notorious for handshake (Authentication) issues, so it could actually be that your xbox just doesnt have the set top box permissions anymore to do whats needed to do.
  4. o2211991 Win User

In my set up of one guide, the Xbox auto detected the set top box and TV and automatically inputted the remote codes, so yes. Is that what you are asking?
  5. o2211991 Win User

Since the Xbox auto detects the cable box, it never gets to the step where it attempts to turn the box on or off.

I just turned off native mode, and power cycled the Xbox. Still no fix. If it's true what you say about directv no longer being compatible, that'd really be a shame :(
  6. MvL Guardian Win User

Hi o2211991,

Have you made sure to set your set top box in your settings?

settings > tv&one guide > device control
Thema:

1. One Guide Unable to Change Channels - Similar Threads - Guide Unable Change

2. Xbox one guide keeps popping up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one guide keeps popping up.: Even when i turn off all the controllers it still pulls up the guide. Ive tried different ones too. Then it restarts or turns off by itself. All of these are problems that happened after the guide...
  3. Some games with game are not available in my ready to install guide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some games with game are not available in my ready to install guide: Games like Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 are not available in my ready to install guide but is available to download in the game store, already Project Car is not in my ready to install...
  4. Cant stream xbox one guide to my pc anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant stream xbox one guide to my pc anymore: I always used xbox one guide to stream any of my gaming consoles to my pc but know when I try and stream One guide to my pc it says This app can't be streamed it's only for your console. To use...
  5. Problem with settings tab in guide when installing games of apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with settings tab in guide when installing games of apps: I have been exspirienceing in the guide when I scrolled over to the settings tab in the guide when I’m installing a game or app I keep getting notification messages in the settings tab in the...
  6. Problem with Achievements tab in guide after latest Alpha Ring update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with Achievements tab in guide after latest Alpha Ring update: I have started noticing a issue in the guide with the Achievements tab when I go to where the achievements tab is. there’s a number count of 1 here after me going down in the achievements tab...
  7. Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with flashing black screen when useing the One Guide app to watch live tv: I have noticed to when I go to where it says my games and apps on the homescreen dashboard. and on the next page where it says apps then when I scrolled down through the tiles that have all the...
  8. Guide and in-game audio issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Guide and in-game audio issues.: Most recent achievements/notifications and the really bad audio screeching/distortion in Destiny 2 is still present with today’s Alpha Skip update. Filled reports again submitted by /u/Hayvock...
  9. Significance of Guide, Home, little right button Refresh.

in XboX Insiders
    Significance of Guide, Home, little right button Refresh.: Would anyone like to enlighten me on this function, in respect to cache? Can this function dynamically be used to clear cache of recently used, but quit,Apps etc? What is its function?...
  10. so is it minecraft that just has major issues when you try to use the guide, or try to...

in XboX Insiders
    so is it minecraft that just has major issues when you try to use the guide, or try to...: or is it my xbox itself? submitted by /u/retartarder [link] [comments]