One Guide Unable to Change Channels

Discus and support One Guide Unable to Change Channels in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by o2211991, May 4, 2019.

1. o2211991
    o2211991 Guest

I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to change the channels, either through voice, controller, or media remote. The only way I can change channel
    is with my DirecTV remote. "Xbox watch TV" voice command is able to change to cable, but commands to switch channel does not work.

I was told by a Microsoft rep over the phone that Kinect may not support my newer Genie receiver, so I'd need to get a IR extender. I have obtained the extender, connected it, positioned it to my cable box, and changed the setting in my cable box to receive
    IR signals, and still it does not work. I have also tried a second HDMI cable. Also tried resetting the Xbox and OneGuide setting multiple times. I am absolutely stumped. Any help is appreciated!!!!

:)

o2211991, May 4, 2019
  2. MvL Guardian Win User

The only last step I could suggest, is to try to manually select your set top box versus letting it auto detect it.
  3. MvL Guardian Win User

During that set up process was the xbox able to turn off the device as it attempts to do?

Edit: also being canadian and not having direct tv access i did some googling to find out more about your box.

Ive found similar users with issues with these devices. One person mentioned turning off native mode in the direct tv box, so that may be something to try.

They apparently are notorious for handshake (Authentication) issues, so it could actually be that your xbox just doesnt have the set top box permissions anymore to do whats needed to do.
  4. o2211991 Win User

In my set up of one guide, the Xbox auto detected the set top box and TV and automatically inputted the remote codes, so yes. Is that what you are asking?
  5. o2211991 Win User

Since the Xbox auto detects the cable box, it never gets to the step where it attempts to turn the box on or off.

I just turned off native mode, and power cycled the Xbox. Still no fix. If it's true what you say about directv no longer being compatible, that'd really be a shame :(
  6. MvL Guardian Win User

Hi o2211991,

Have you made sure to set your set top box in your settings?

settings > tv&one guide > device control
Thema:

1. One Guide Unable to Change Channels - Similar Threads - Guide Unable Change

2. Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide

in XboX Insiders
    Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide: I turned off my Xbox by pressing down on the power button for 10 seconds until it shut off. I booted it back up. Now All I get is a gray screen where my homescreen should be. But I am able to...
  3. Xbox Tournaments removed from the Guide.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Tournaments removed from the Guide.: RIP I guess. A nice feature that was sorely underutilized by Xbox itself, even though practically every Xbox first-party game hosts tournaments. submitted by /u/Filthy_Firestarter [link]...
  4. I have seen that the time and guide options have moved I don't like this new location but...

in XboX Insiders
    I have seen that the time and guide options have moved I don't like this new location but...: [IMG] submitted by /u/connorcovbadboy [link] [comments]
  5. The Guide just received slight changes last night for those in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring

in XboX Insiders
    The Guide just received slight changes last night for those in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring: [IMG] submitted by /u/Scouse_ATOM [link] [comments]
  6. Quick guide: How to join Xbox App Beta on iOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quick guide: How to join Xbox App Beta on iOS: Like other people I had messages not showing in the iOS version of the live and (previous) beta Xbox app. But: with the new build that was released recently I finally have access to my messages...
  7. One Guide by xbox companion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Guide by xbox companion: Hi there, Since yesterday i can't use One Guide when my xbox is streamed by the xbox companion on windows 10, anymore. Some friends can still do it, so the problem is on my xbox settings I...
  8. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?: why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system...
  9. Xbox one X keeps shutting down 60 seconds after pressing the xbox guide button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X keeps shutting down 60 seconds after pressing the xbox guide button: Skip ahead alpha here, I can't send a bug report but ever since the last update I can no longer turn my Xbox on without it powering down after 60 seconds of loading the home screen I press the...
  10. once I click on the Xbox guide I have a sound to say that I clicked on it and then nothing...

in XboX Insiders
    once I click on the Xbox guide I have a sound to say that I clicked on it and then nothing...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]