One Guide Unable to Change Channels

Discus and support One Guide Unable to Change Channels in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by o2211991, May 4, 2019.

1. o2211991
    o2211991 Guest

I have a DirecTV wireless genie mini 4k (C61W-400) connected to my original Xbox One via HDMI. I also have a Kinect. I am unable to use OneGuide to change the channels, either through voice, controller, or media remote. The only way I can change channel
    is with my DirecTV remote. "Xbox watch TV" voice command is able to change to cable, but commands to switch channel does not work.

I was told by a Microsoft rep over the phone that Kinect may not support my newer Genie receiver, so I'd need to get a IR extender. I have obtained the extender, connected it, positioned it to my cable box, and changed the setting in my cable box to receive
    IR signals, and still it does not work. I have also tried a second HDMI cable. Also tried resetting the Xbox and OneGuide setting multiple times. I am absolutely stumped. Any help is appreciated!!!!

:)

o2211991, May 4, 2019
  2. MvL Guardian Win User

The only last step I could suggest, is to try to manually select your set top box versus letting it auto detect it.
  3. MvL Guardian Win User

During that set up process was the xbox able to turn off the device as it attempts to do?

Edit: also being canadian and not having direct tv access i did some googling to find out more about your box.

Ive found similar users with issues with these devices. One person mentioned turning off native mode in the direct tv box, so that may be something to try.

They apparently are notorious for handshake (Authentication) issues, so it could actually be that your xbox just doesnt have the set top box permissions anymore to do whats needed to do.
  4. o2211991 Win User

In my set up of one guide, the Xbox auto detected the set top box and TV and automatically inputted the remote codes, so yes. Is that what you are asking?
  5. o2211991 Win User

Since the Xbox auto detects the cable box, it never gets to the step where it attempts to turn the box on or off.

I just turned off native mode, and power cycled the Xbox. Still no fix. If it's true what you say about directv no longer being compatible, that'd really be a shame :(
  6. MvL Guardian Win User

Hi o2211991,

Have you made sure to set your set top box in your settings?

settings > tv&one guide > device control
Thema:

1. One Guide Unable to Change Channels - Similar Threads - Guide Unable Change

2. Xbox one x guide and apps not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x guide and apps not working: Since yesterday, my xbox one x guide menu and apps/games wont work. I’ve power cycled several times and restarted the console several times. I’ve removed my account, still not working. I’ve...
  3. XBOX ONE X: Guide Menu no "Swoosh" Sound and annoying sound Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X: Guide Menu no "Swoosh" Sound and annoying sound Issues: Hi, I have a really strange and according to goolge very rare problem: When i open up my Guide-Menu (The small menu on the left, that opens when pressing the Guide-Button) there is no "Swoosh"...
  4. Outward; a crafting guide/beastiary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outward; a crafting guide/beastiary: Overtime any recipes or builds I come across will be introduced on this thread, as well as a comprehensive list of the enemies and the regions they populate. £ stay posted. J...
  5. Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)": Hi, When i start the Xbox i see the green Xbox screen than a black screen. When i press the Xbox button the controller it shows a black screen with: Update in progress Guide should be ready...
  6. One Guide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Guide: I'm trying to watch DirecTV through One Guide, it works, but it doesn't work the way Id like it to work. If I actually want to watch something on it, I have to use the direcTV remote, and deal...
  7. FH4 doesnt let me browse tunes and says that it is permitted in parental guide settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH4 doesnt let me browse tunes and says that it is permitted in parental guide settings: cant use any of the online tunes since FH4 asks to check parental settings. This is very strange since it was all good about a week ago. Also my account is set as adult not child....
  8. One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted: Every three or four days, all the profile pics and one guide data go missing from my Xbox One. I have reinstalled the OS but the problem still persists. Anyone seen this issue before and if so, is...
  9. Technisat Technisat SAT: XboX One Guide with SAT BOX

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Technisat Technisat SAT: XboX One Guide with SAT BOX: Technisat (Set-top Boxes) Technisat SAT: XboX One Guide with SAT BOX Hello Sebastian, Thank for coming to the forums with your question. What I have been able to find is most are not compatible...
  10. [Guide] Get Rewarded With Game Pass Rewards - February 2019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Guide] Get Rewarded With Game Pass Rewards - February 2019: It's kind of annoying to have previously unlocked achievements not count towards these challenges. I already have the Rocket League achievement as well as ALL of the Thomas Was Alone achievements...