One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now?

Discus and support One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got an S for my birthday. 5 months later, controller won't connect wirelessly, it vibrates continuously even when the controller is turned off. When i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RazorJamon91, Oct 6, 2019.

1. RazorJamon91
    RazorJamon91 Guest

Got an S for my birthday. 5 months later, controller won't connect wirelessly, it vibrates continuously even when the controller is turned off. When i plug it in to the console, it will work for a minute before it desyncs. Warranty is expired so i can't
    get a replacement and the controller is practically useless, what should i do with it?

:)

RazorJamon91, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Whitey Black Win User

you can bring them to a tech if there are one in you're area
  3. Ash of Snow Win User

So i have went through breaking a controller and getting a new one, but just treat the controller as if it were a child and it will hopefully live longer

(sometimes i even tuck mine into bed)
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One Controller Warranty

Not sure what you mean, but if your controller is malfunctioning in any way, you have a 90 day warranty from purchase date. All controllers carry a 90 day warranty - Microsoft should be able to repair it or replace the controller for you under warranty.

You can get the repair process started here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  5. {Parity} Win User

Wireless issues

Do you have other controllers that are working wirelessly on your console? If so it may be that controller is malfunctioning and if it is out of warranty it will probably be less expensive than trying to get it repaired. Good Luck!
  6. smileskybird Win User

The Turtle Beach XP510 million dollar question?

Yes it should.

I use to own the XP500 until it malfunctioned. Live in NZ and it was under warranty so the retailer exchanged it for the X42's. The X42's, XP500 and XP510 will work because it has an Optical connection. But you'll still need the chat adaptor from Microsoft
    to use the chat feature (or you can use Kinect which is what I do to chat).
Thema:

1. One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now? - Similar Threads - controller malfunctions Warranty

2. Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction: I am currently on my second elite controller and all was wall, until a day ago the right bumper started to continuously press even when not touching the controller. My warranty on the controller...
  3. Xbox One Controller Malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Malfunction: So last weeks i have a problem with a controller , pretty much the RB button doesnt respond sometimes, some other times it does At first i thought it was likely an issue about heavy usage, that i...
  4. Controller malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller malfunction: I am a Dutch Xbox one user and I just, May 22, bought a new xbox one wireless controller (phantom white). It started with problems with the connection with my xbox. It sometimes didn't start my...
  5. Newest update malfunctioned my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newest update malfunctioned my controller: Back in October i made a post saying how the update that month made consoles unplayable. Crashes, random shut offs, freezes, disconnecting the whole playing field. The latest update has recently...
  6. Brand new Elite Controller malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Elite Controller malfunction: Purchased the new elite controller yesterday. Brand new, first owner and the right joystick drifts off center constantly. Very unsatisfying. Am I able to exchange the faulty product being just...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable: So I was trying to set up 2 different custom button layout profiles on my xbox elite controller, and kept trying to remove the default one so I could have 2 custom profiles instead of 1 default...
  8. Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior): Hello, I have an Xbox One controller that I use on my laptop for playing. I buyed it on May 21th 2017. Since some weeks, I've noticed that the connection on the USB-micro port is defective, as...
  9. Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller malfunction on USB-micro port (connect-disconnect behavior): Hello, I have an Xbox One controller that I use on my laptop for playing. I buyed it on May 21th 2017. Since some weeks, I've noticed that the connection on the USB-micro port is defective, as...
  10. Controller and menus malfunctioning?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and menus malfunctioning?: I have not turned my XBox One on in months. But a friend bought me Overwatch, and we both set aside tonight to play. I boot up, and find my sidebar menus almost inaccessible. Any menu that I'm...