OneGuide Freeview (England) missing channels (USB OTA Tuner)?

Discus and support OneGuide Freeview (England) missing channels (USB OTA Tuner)? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whether I choose "Freeview" or "Freeview National Lineup", loads of channels are missing from OneGuide. The tuner found 178 channels but many appear at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob_Wheeler, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Rob_Wheeler
    Rob_Wheeler Guest

Whether I choose "Freeview" or "Freeview National Lineup", loads of channels are missing from OneGuide. The tuner found 178 channels but many appear at the bottom of the guide with no lineup information. To be clear the signal quality / USB tuner is excellent,
    the issue is entitely with OneGuide. I even tried different postcodes for different regions of England but no luck, ITV1 HD is always missing lineup information for example.

I'm probably going to have to return the USB tuner since it's useless if OneGuide can't show line-up information for even ITV (which is Channel 3). Why even sell the tuner if it isn't supported properly?

:)

Rob_Wheeler, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Rob_Wheeler Win User

Yeah I tried clearing OneGuide but no luck, and there's only the option for "Freeview" or "Freeview National Lineup" when using antenna. If i select "Cable" and choose "YouView National Lineup" i get a few more channel listings but they're a mess: "BBC 2
    Northern Ireland", "ITV Grenada", etc. when I'm in North East England and set my postcode correctly (NE..).

As for Solution 5 "Report the missing channel using the OneGuide issue reporter", there doesn't appear to be such a thing anymore; not that I can find.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
  3. Rob_Wheeler Win User

Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I decided to return the Tuner since it's not providing me any huge benefit anyway (mainly the convenience of getting terrestrial TV through my Xbox since I use it for all the other content I watch). Perhaps if they add
    DVR functionality at some point, but it doesn't seem likely given this issue I'm having and that all the support pages are out of date.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Rob,

At this point, after all troubleshooting has failed to resolve this issue, I recommend performing a

soft factory reset
    . This will reset the operating system and
    delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
    You will have to re-sign into your account, so make sure you know the email and password before performing this step. This will also reset the home Xbox settings.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, select
      reset and keep my games and apps
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

6. MatthewJC Win User

xBox One Digital TV Problem

I'm having the same issue. I'm using Freeview antenna.

Choosing the OTA Broadcast lineup gives me missing and out of order channels, with programme information.

Choosing Digital lineup gives me all the channels, in order, but all channels say 'No information available' and have no logos.

Using the 'Freeview National Lineup' provider makes no difference either.

Tried power cycle, unplug/re-connect USB tuner, TV settings reset, and factory resetting console - still no luck.
Thema:

1. OneGuide Freeview (England) missing channels (USB OTA Tuner)? - Similar Threads - OneGuide Freeview England

2. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  3. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  4. oneguide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    oneguide: I asked this question before but since no one knew what I was talking about I wanted to rewrite this while also giving a link to a video to show what Im talking about. So I used to use one guide...
  5. Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...: I have started noticing an issue with the One guide app when I go to launch the app and when I Try to watch live tv. over the last few days the flashing black screen has been occurring more and...
  6. OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

in XboX Insiders
    OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV: While watching TV using the OneGuide app, the Xbox goes into screen saver (showing close achievements, etc). I've filed a report on the Xbox, just thought I'd post here also. submitted by...
  7. Missing channels in UK OneGuide for Freeview Meridian(South East) OTA

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing channels in UK OneGuide for Freeview Meridian(South East) OTA: Split from this thread. Same problem here, im confident its an issue with the online guide and its just not updated on there end, i have a list of about 20 channels that appear after 734 out of...
  8. BBC 2 missing on OneGuide Freeview

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BBC 2 missing on OneGuide Freeview: When using freeview as the provider with the USB dongle is I set it to hide duplicate SD channels I lose BBC 2. If I set it to show all the channels it isn't a problem I get both the HD and SD...
  9. Missing channels in OneGuide even though they're found during setup (UK Freeview)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing channels in OneGuide even though they're found during setup (UK Freeview): There's probably more, but the obvious ones are Channel 4+1 and BBC 2 non-HD (BBC 2 HD is shown, but it's still odd that BBC 2 non-HD is not shown in the OneGuide when BBC One non-HD is - it's not...
  10. Incorrect channel numbers on OneGuide - Freeview London using USB receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect channel numbers on OneGuide - Freeview London using USB receiver: hey all so channel 5 launched spike TV this week on channel 31, moving 5usa to 21 and viva to channel 74. This hasn't happened yet in OneGuide even after a retune meaning I can't get any of those...