OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

Discus and support OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; While watching TV using the OneGuide app, the Xbox goes into screen saver (showing close achievements, etc). I've filed a report on the Xbox, just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/gravityoxo, Sep 16, 2019.

1. OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

While watching TV using the OneGuide app, the Xbox goes into screen saver (showing close achievements, etc). I've filed a report on the Xbox, just thought I'd post here also.

submitted by /u/gravityoxo
    [link] [comments]

/u/gravityoxo, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Major Keebler Win User

Dose this xbone have a screensaver?

My screen saver is saying "Xbox, watch tv"
  3. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Understanding and possibly using the HDMI pass through feature

Hi Grampa Ralph2

Yes - The Xbox One is required to be on (not off or in standby) to utilize the HDMI pass through

FYI:

This is best when you have an xbox one with the Kinect. If you do not have a Kinect, it may seem more cumbersome.

If you have a Kinect, (or a IR cable that runs from the xbox one, into your SAT box) the use of the SAT box via the xbox one can offer simplicity.

Turning on the xbox one, if you choose can turn on your TV and SAT box, as well as while using a xbox controller, smartglass, or the media remote, operate the SAT box with the *OneGuide which is the xbox version of your cable companies channel guide.

*OneGuide is the app that allows you to watch TV, scroll channels, set favorite channels, jump from the xbox social or oneguide tabs to seemlessly watch TV via snap or full screen.

I have an xbox one with the kinect for the main room and my kids and wife often loose the remotes so now, this has been a life saver as it operates the TV, SAT, xbox and sound bar simultaneously.

The other xbox is upstairs in my office and it does not have a kinect however while on, i can still watch TV but the it requires me to use the other remotes.
  4. TheMapleKid Win User

Intro and a few questions if I may.

5. mr ectomy Win User

Screen goes dim while watching tv

I have this issue on my console too. Found a workaround that works for me, thought I'd share.

Ive found that the screen dimming thing only starts happening after I've been in a game and then gone to watch tv.

It doesnt happen if i go straight into oneguide from startup. If i play a game and then want to watch tv afterwards i restart my system and go straight into oneguide.

Its a bit of a pain still but not as bad as having to nudge the controller every 15 mins
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Remote Does not control TV power or vilume

Thema:

OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV

1. OneGuide keeps going the screen saver while watching TV - Similar Threads - OneGuide keeps going

2. OneGuide and general boot issues

in XboX Insiders
    OneGuide and general boot issues: [Beta Ring] [Xbox One X Scorpio Edition] Anyone having issues with OneGuide and TV Tuner? Randomly, my OneGuide will crash or just not boot up at all. Multiple hard resets later, and sometimes it...
  3. Oneguide in Australia not working correctly now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oneguide in Australia not working correctly now: The Oneguide XboxOne TV tuner still displays the freeview channels and live TV but the program information has been unavailable for over 2 weeks now. The only program information that can be seen...
  4. Oneguide provider Italia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oneguide provider Italia: Hello, unfortunately i cannot set the tv app on the xbox because a lot of channels have problems and don't show infos, which provider should i use for the italian lineup and why the correct option...
  5. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  6. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  7. oneguide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    oneguide: I asked this question before but since no one knew what I was talking about I wanted to rewrite this while also giving a link to a video to show what Im talking about. So I used to use one guide...
  8. OneGuide Freeview (England) missing channels (USB OTA Tuner)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Freeview (England) missing channels (USB OTA Tuner)?: Whether I choose "Freeview" or "Freeview National Lineup", loads of channels are missing from OneGuide. The tuner found 178 channels but many appear at the bottom of the guide with no lineup...
  9. Oneguide loses settings - never keeps listings/lineup

in XboX Insiders
    Oneguide loses settings - never keeps listings/lineup: Just today my Oneguide app lost its programming settings, asked me to setup my provider and lineup info. After doing this, it repeats the process. I have hard reset, cleared cache, etc. Nothing...
  10. Network/Operator logos keep dissapearing in OneGuide in Australia on the left menu

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Network/Operator logos keep dissapearing in OneGuide in Australia on the left menu: So it started with just a few operator/TV Network logos disappearing from time to time in the OneGuide, guide, now they are all missing. Thing is my friend is having exactly the same issues on...