online account settings

Discus and support online account settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to join a Minecraft realm online and it kept telling me that I cannot play online multiplayer because of how my Microsoft Account is set... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gavinjohnson3, Aug 12, 2019.

1. online account settings

I was trying to join a Minecraft realm online and it kept telling me that I cannot play online multiplayer because of how my Microsoft Account is set up. It told me to go to aka.ms/accountsettings, but that website doesn't exist. Then I kept trying to
    get to my account settings other ways but it kept sending me to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings.
    It says only adults can change account settings, but my account is an adult account. Please help.

:)

Gavinjohnson3, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Gavinjohnson3 Win User

online account settings

Thank you, for some reason i couldn't find that website earlier. I was able to change the settings though and it worked, thank you.
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

online account settings

Hey there
    Gavinjohnson
    !

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to answer your question for you. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for
    further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. AlphaHannibal Win User

online account settings

I was trying to join a Minecraft realm online and it kept telling me that I cannot play online multiplayer because of how my Microsoft Account is set up. It told me to go to aka.ms/accountsettings, but that website doesn't exist. Then I kept trying
    to get to my account settings other ways but it kept sending me to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings.
    It says only adults can change account settings, but my account is an adult account. Please help.
    You may want to see if these steps work:

"The fastest way to change your child’s privacy and settings for Xbox is to do it online. Only Microsoft family adults can do this. Here’s how:

• Go to account.xbox.com and sign in with an adult's Microsoft account. Next, choose Profile > Privacy
      Settings
      . Follow the instructions to verify your identity.
    • Next, select your child's gamertag.
    • Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety, adjust the settings, then select Submit.
      Do the same for Privacy and Xbox 360 Online Safety.
    • To update the changes you’ve just made in all the devices your child uses to play Xbox, have your child sign out of each device, and then sign back in. "
  5. WPAK Win User

Parental control

Hi there,

if your account is considered a Child account, this is based on the Birth date on the Microsoft account then it is required to have a Parental account and not specifically if the account is part of a family. That parental account can set certain privacy
    and online safety settings.

To change the online safety and privacy settings the parental account can sign in at
    http://account.xbox.com/settings and change the settings for any child account connected.

If the account itself is a adult account then the settings can be set for the account via that same link.
  6. WPAK Win User

Aution House Not working

Hi there,

the auction house can be limited by some Privacy and online settings.

The privacy/online settings need to allow user created content, you can find the setting at
    http://account.xbox.com/settings

If your account is a child account, a parental account needs to set this setting for your account.

Let us know the results
Thema:

online account settings

1. online account settings - Similar Threads - online account settings

2. Bad Request msg after trying to log in to Xbox Live account online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad Request msg after trying to log in to Xbox Live account online: Hi, is this a known issue? I tried to login to my Xbox Live account on my laptop and I keep getting this error. Happens from links here: [Using latest public Edge build]...
  3. xbox set up? ea account? multiplayer online?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox set up? ea account? multiplayer online?: Hello. We have an xbox one s with Kinect. I am the adult , my sons are 9 and 5. When we first set the whole thing up I think I had it "online" or xbox live. We connected to a game and we could...
  4. My son can’t get online access to his Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son can’t get online access to his Account.: My son has an Xbox1S. He mostly plays Fifa. We have had no problems until a couple of days ago. We can’t get online. We have tried everything suggested but we cannot get online. All the other...
  5. "You can't do this because of how your account is set up. Go to privacy and online settings.."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You can't do this because of how your account is set up. Go to privacy and online settings..": I keep getting this message both when trying to play multiplayer games or join a club. I have made all of the privacy and online settings as loose as possible, yet this still appears. Have also...
  6. Can not change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account: When I Sign in with the parent Microsoft account on the Xbox settings page, I can not find the gamertag for my child account, although I have saw her account in my family of Microsoft account....
  7. Error: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set ...: I need help. I have searched forums and tied the support chat ... no one can help so I am posting to hopefully find someone who might have an idea on what I can do. On both my XBox One and Windows...
  8. Cannot change privacy and online safety settings for child accounts on xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change privacy and online safety settings for child accounts on xbox.com: I need to change the privacy and online safety settings for a account on Xbox.com. I go to privacy and online safety section under my account and only my gamertag is present. How do I get my...
  9. Not being able to play multiplayer games online because of how my account is set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to play multiplayer games online because of how my account is set up: Whenever I try to play a multiplayer game online on my Xbox One it says I can't because of how my account is set up and it can be changed in my privacy and onine safety settings on Xbox.com. But I...
  10. Can't edit privacy & online safety settings, but no parent account can

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't edit privacy & online safety settings, but no parent account can: I've been trying to buy an xbox live gold subscription, but it said that my settings prevent purchases. When I went to "Privacy & Online Safety" in settings, I noticed that the "You can buy and...