online but appears offline

Discus and support online but appears offline in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I have created an account for my son. the other day i was at home and he was on the xbox. i went onto my xbox app and found him and wanted to send a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RyanKay2, Nov 15, 2019.

1. RyanKay2
    RyanKay2 Guest

Hi I have created an account for my son. the other day i was at home and he was on the xbox. i went onto my xbox app and found him and wanted to send a message. this did not work and his status was offline. i checked his settings on the xbox and he was
    online so why could i not converse with him?

:)

RyanKay2, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Theory of Game Win User

Appearing Offline

Does the button in your profile read "Appear Online" or "Appear Offline"? It's admittedly a little confusing - you want the button to read "Appear Offline" for you to be appearing online (You'd click the Appear Offline button to actually appear offline).
  3. Leemur60 Win User

Hi

That seems strange. Why should age permissions make a difference? I don't really want to change her date of birth as age restrictions are there for a reason. Thanks for the reply though. I will do some more digging on it.
  4. RyanKay2 Win User

Hi I spoke to someone that has resolved this for me, if you daughter is under 16 yrs the permissions wont allow it, if you change you daughters date of birth this will be allowed, FYI she will then be an adult and can make her own changes so better keep
    an eye on it.
  5. Leemur60 Win User

Hi RyanKay2

I am having the same issue with my daughters Xbox. I play Ark; Survival Evolved with her. I have a server running on a PC at home and invite myself and my daughter from the admin screen. I receive the invite but she doesn't. But once I am in the game I send
    an invite and she receives it. Yet in any other game if I send an invite it fails saying she is offline. She is online though. Weirdly, if she changes it to Offline it then displays me as being offline too on her Xbox. I think we have a gremlin hiding on our
    network!
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Can I appear offline before I sign in?

If you was appearing offline last time you were online then you should appear offline all the time until you change it to appear online in the settings.
Thema:

1. online but appears offline - Similar Threads - online appears offline

2. Appearing Offline Shows Online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing Offline Shows Online: So when me or my friends appear offline we show up as online. So far I've seen my friend say "1 day last seen Youtube" while he is in the online list. My friends message me as soon as I get on and...
  3. xbox appearing offline when I'm online

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox appearing offline when I'm online: my Xbox is saying to my friends I'm offline , when I'm online and when I check it's at the appear online option. please help as this is doing my nut in 9e6f59a6-da41-4a65-9196-96252d35392a
  4. Appearing offline but im online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Appearing offline but im online: Hey, Yesterday my friend and I tried to play together but we both were appearing offline to each other, I understood that before there was a xbox wide error. So we left it and tried again today...
  5. does anyone know how to fix 'online status unknown'?im stuck appearing offline and it makes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does anyone know how to fix 'online status unknown'?im stuck appearing offline and it makes...: whenever I try to appear online it says that the online status is unknown and keeps me appearing offline 92cc3e4c-c436-42cc-872a-cf6b400ef120
  6. Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.: Two of my friends have issues with "Online/Offline" status. [Mod removed-personal information] both have their accounts to show online. Some days [Mod removed-personal information] will be online...
  7. My XBOX status is set to appear online however I appear as offline to friends?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX status is set to appear online however I appear as offline to friends?: Hi, Got an odd issue where I have my XBOX status set to appear online, however, I actually appear as offline to my friends, anyone know what is going on/how I sort/resolve this issue? Thanks...
  8. Appearing Online when Offline (Xbox is turned off)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing Online when Offline (Xbox is turned off): Hi, I have a strange issue, a few of my friends told me that i was appearing Online when i wasn't even near my Xbox. It didn't show a status as well e.g. Xbox dashboard or Xbox App. Any idea...
  9. Appearing offline but friends can stil see me goin online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing offline but friends can stil see me goin online: Hi, When i sign in while appearing offline my friends stil see me goin online. When they look in friends list my profile was offline like it should be but they stil get the notification when i...
  10. Appearing Offline, but Shows Me Online Still

in XBoX on Consoles
    Appearing Offline, but Shows Me Online Still: I typically appear offline all the time. As of yesterday, I had gone and switched myself to online for a short period of time then back to offline. Since then, my Xbox App on the PC shows I am...