Online friends showing offline

Discus and support Online friends showing offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can someone please help me figure out what’s going on? My friends either shows offline or not on my friends list at all. I have reset my hotspot and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhillipThrift, May 23, 2020.

1. Online friends showing offline

Can someone please help me figure out what’s going on? My friends either shows offline or not on my friends list at all. I have reset my hotspot and xbox several times and still nothing. This has been going on for several days now and its very frustrating.

:)

PhillipThrift, May 23, 2020
  2. Allan S.G Win User

Hi PhillipThrift,

This is not even a problem with you Xbox. The Xbox Live system is undergoing maintenance on some services, so it appears that your friends are offline.

To track Xbox Live Status, go to Support and stay on top of things
    when you get back to normal.

Hope this helps!
  3. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Says I'm Offline When I am Not

When you look at your setting does it say "Show Offline" or "Show Online" If it says "Show Online" then you are appearing Offline to your friends. It is a simple toggle. When you look at it it is showing your friends the opposite of what it is showing
    you. So you if want to appear Online to your friend you will want the switch to say "Appear Offline". This may not be the issue but it has confused a number of gamers in the past. Let us know. Good Luck!
  4. Allebas Win User

Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now

I have friends that show up offline but are online. First does he has his offline set to offline? If that it might just be a bug where people show offline when they arent.
  5. Wangetang Win User

Is this a bug?

Hey Amber,

Looking at my friends list online on my laptop it looks to be the same issue as on my Xbox. 4 friends it shows as being online currently or within the past 24 hours while the rest show as offline when I know they are have not been offline more than 24 hours
    and they don't have their profiles set to "show as offline".
  6. Veloncer Win User

Live friends

The friend that shows online always sees the others online we've tried, removing and adding, blocking and unblocking, and appearing offline and online.
Thema:

1. Online friends showing offline - Similar Threads - Online friends showing

2. Friends not showing up on xbox 360, only online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends not showing up on xbox 360, only online: I have an xbox 360. I can add new friends at xboxlive.com from my computer and send and receive messages there, but the friends don't show up when I log into my xbox 360 console. I also can't send...
  3. Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online: Hello, My Son is trying to play games with his friend via headsets, so they can talk to each other. But his friend is showing offline on our side. Even though his friend is online chatting and...
  4. Adding friends to the home screen is great but is shows no indication of if they are online...

in XboX Insiders
    Adding friends to the home screen is great but is shows no indication of if they are online...: I like the feature because it makes inviting your favourite favourites way easier, especially if they are offline, but it’d be good to know what their status is submitted by /u/toosiewillson...
  5. Friends not showing up as online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends not showing up as online: My brother isn't showing up as online on my friends list despite being in the same game as me. I've tried everything that I can find online (hard reset,profile settings etc) Is there anything else...
  6. Showing 0 Friends Online on Xbox Console when I’m fact friends are Online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Showing 0 Friends Online on Xbox Console when I’m fact friends are Online: My Friends List show 0 friends online yet on my xbox app i have friends online. Im able to accept party invites. I have hard reset 3 times. I have removed my account from the xbox console and...
  7. Not showing online friends after last update. Shows them online on android app.

in XboX Insiders
    Not showing online friends after last update. Shows them online on android app.: [IMG] submitted by /u/realcosmix [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online): Good Evening, So this is a strange one. I was playing a Game the other night and for an unknown reason the xbox just decided to freeze as my wireless headset decided to stop talking to the...
  9. some friends showing offline even though there set to online

in XBoX on Consoles
    some friends showing offline even though there set to online: some friends showing offline even though there set to online had this problem a long time 3c097006-d1ab-4ec9-9274-6577aaaf49f6
  10. Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends set to showing Online but appearing Offline, no privacey changes have been made.: Two of my friends have issues with "Online/Offline" status. [Mod removed-personal information] both have their accounts to show online. Some days [Mod removed-personal information] will be online...