Online game closes out after unplugging headset

Discus and support Online game closes out after unplugging headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While playing Dead Rising 3 online with my mic, the game closes out (force quits) after I unplug my mic from the Xbox one controller. The game is on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RANSOMPAIDFOR93, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Online game closes out after unplugging headset

While playing Dead Rising 3 online with my mic, the game closes out (force quits) after I unplug my mic from the Xbox one controller. The game is on disc and installed onto the console. I have tried it multiple times and it always happens. I hope it is a
    firmware or software issue and not hardware. Can someone please help me out?

:)

RANSOMPAIDFOR93, Feb 8, 2014
  2. JMaker24
    JMaker24 Guest
    Chat headset (Both stereo and original) mics not working, give out static

Now my controllers freeze and do not respond after plugg and unplugging after trying to make the headsets work

JMaker24, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Does halo mcc chat even work I haven't once seen anyone chatting

The chat is borken in the game. It has been for a while. When you first load the game up and search you can talk and see if your mic icon lights up. It should light up the first time. After the first game is over and you start searching again check and see if your mic is still working. If it isn't lighting up then unplug and replug your headset. That will fix it most of the time. If that doesn't fix it then you have to close out the game app and reload it.

It's so stupid.

mongeeseryder, Feb 8, 2014
  4. JMaker24 Win User

Chat headset (Both stereo and original) mics not working, give out static

Now my controllers freeze and do not respond after plugg and unplugging after trying to make the headsets work
  5. tubbs MFC Win User

Can hear people but they can't hear me

I am having the same trouble with the standard Xbox one chat head set (Firmware Version: 4.9.0.0), i've tried logging out turning the counsel off , unplugging, turning on using the controller, Updated controller with headset attached, swapped out batteries,
    nothing is working.

As a side note: i have the purple circle by my avatar indicating my headset is attached , even after i unplug it from the controller..
  6. Koods Win User

Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.

It's growing increasingly more common to see these sorts of issues, I'd surmise with the popularity of online games & people playing them much more frequently today than at any other time, headsets are being plugged in & unplugged more often and wearing
    the jack out. There are headset adaptors available which circumvent the 3.5mm port which for the majority of people do provide a workaround for the issue.
  7. MaximumExtreme Win User

Turtle Beach XO One not detected in party unless I update controller every single time

unplug the headset from the controller and do a hard reset of the console by holding the power on the front of the console until it turns off then unplug it from the out for a minute then plug back in and power back on the plug the headset back in and see
    if it works
  8. RANSOMPAIDFOR93 Win User

Xbox One Headset Disconnection Quits Game

Yea I am having the exact same issue playing Dead Rising 3. I'll be playing online and then once I unplug my mic the game closes out and has to reboot and everything. I did a hard reset to my system by holding the power button down and it still does it during
    an online game. Microsoft offered to replace my head set but I still don't think that is the problem
Thema:

Online game closes out after unplugging headset

1. Online game closes out after unplugging headset - Similar Threads - Online game closes

2. xbox I have x2 digital versions of GTA 5 won't let me join my friends online games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox I have x2 digital versions of GTA 5 won't let me join my friends online games: for some reason I have x2 copies of GTA 5 installed on my xbox one x, when I play one of them I can go online etc. but when I try to join my friends game it says that I need to install the game?...
  3. Cant play some games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play some games online: Hi we having trouble with going online with some games here at home but when we go to friends place those same games will work online? We have wireless unlimited internet same as friends so unsure...
  4. I paid for xbox live gold but i amnot getting to play my online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for xbox live gold but i amnot getting to play my online games: Hi, I have paid for my xbox live gold but I still cannot play any of my online games. I have restarted my xbox and unplugged it but it ill still not work. I have also tried using xbox live gold...
  5. Multiplayer/online game you think has gone unnoticed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer/online game you think has gone unnoticed?: What's a multiplayer game you really like, really enjoy playing but it lacks a player base so you kind of have to play solo or lucky enough to have friends that play it with you? I really enjoy...
  6. Compra de jogo pela loja virtual[Translation-Game purchase by online store]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Compra de jogo pela loja virtual[Translation-Game purchase by online store]: olá boa noite ,realizei uma compra pela loja virtual pelo meu console um xbox 360 do jogo BLACK, fiz o download e na hora de começar a jogar aparece uma mensagem dizendo que tenho q inserir um...
  7. Rimborso gioco acquistato online il 30-12-2019 [Mod Translation - Reimbursement game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rimborso gioco acquistato online il 30-12-2019 [Mod Translation - Reimbursement game...: Salve, vorrei ottenere un rimborso per un gioco acquistato il 30/12/2019 è possibile? se si come devo procedere? Numero ordine: [Mod Removed - PII] Grazie. [Mod Translation - Hello, I would...
  8. ( SOLVED )Xb1 Gta 5/online saved game data gone been playing gta since day 1 on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ( SOLVED )Xb1 Gta 5/online saved game data gone been playing gta since day 1 on 360: i’m freaking out right now all my GTA 5/online saved data is gone that includes story mode and online mode I’ve been playing GTA since you came out on 360 I spent years playing this game and...
  9. Online game keeps crashing, saying "Can't read game content, close and restart game"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online game keeps crashing, saying "Can't read game content, close and restart game": Destiny 2 is constantly crashing for me, saying "Can't read game content, close and restart game". I restarted my xbox, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I moved the game to my external...
  10. Xbox App, Ambassadors, contents, online gaming inaccessible. Xbox is closing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App, Ambassadors, contents, online gaming inaccessible. Xbox is closing?: So, I have had numerous issues accessing Xbox One contents, Xbox App and DLCs. I think as it seems, all Xbox services are indeed shutting down without warning. Honestly, Microsoft and Xbox was the...