Online play/fortnite

Discus and support Online play/fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox one. I'm trying to play fortnite and it keeps telling me that I need to change my privacy settings and that my account is blocked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by keithsereduck, Apr 17, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

1. Online play/fortnite

I just bought an Xbox one. I'm trying to play fortnite and it keeps telling me that I need to change my privacy settings and that my account is blocked from online play. I changed everything in preferences
    to everybody or allow that I can find but it still isn't working. I checked and my accou t is obviously in good standing because this is the first day I've ever used it. Sooooo frustrated

:)

keithsereduck, Apr 17, 2019 at 2:22 PM
  2. Smwutches Win User

Help

Yes. Fortnite is an online only game and gold is required to play online.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox live

A subscription to Xbox Live Gold is required for all online multiplayer.

Without it you can play offline game modes but some games are online only, as Fortnite is.

You will need to buy a subscription to Xbox Live Gold to play online on Fortnite.
  4. Smwutches Win User

xbox live gold on fortnite

You can't. Fortnite is an online only game and gold is required to play online.
  5. Chyrola Cuello Win User

Online play/fortnite

Try clearing the cache and then reinstall the game bro.
    Put your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the game.
    It may work for you :D.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Online play/fortnite

Hello Keith,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning an inability to launch and play Fortnite, as it is mentioning that your privacy settings are not appropriate for online play.

When checking on the online safety or privacy settings on Xbox One, instead choose adult defaults and then
    power cycle the console.

Try this for us and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

Online play/fortnite

1. Online play/fortnite - Similar Threads - Online play fortnite

2. Can't hear the people in my party when playing online!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear the people in my party when playing online!: I bought a refurbished xbox one S two weeks ago along with Rainbow Six Siege. I then bought a turtle beach recon 200 headset and when I plugged it in, I couldn't hear my friends. Their voices cut...
  3. Forza Horizon 4, and online play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4, and online play.: Hello, I have been having trouble getting online in FH4, and when I test my multiplayer connection, it gives me the error saying "Can't get Teredo IP address." From what I understand, that means I...
  4. why cant i play halo 4 online with other players

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play halo 4 online with other players: i cant seem to play online with other player for halo 4 4a493054-a265-42a1-94af-d8610f10dae0
  5. ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online: I want to allow my 8 yr old son to play roblox online but he gets the message that I need to customize his xbox live account but I can't see how to do this. a6c91fbb-5592-43c9-bfd6-3437e13618dd
  6. why pay to play online free games? (Porque pagar pra jogar online jogos que são gratuitos?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    why pay to play online free games? (Porque pagar pra jogar online jogos que são gratuitos?): My subscription is over and I'm very sad. Why pay to play online free games? f317d20c-8635-4136-915b-c7cd4e5a33fc
  7. online gratis en juegos free to play [Mod Translation - free online in free to play games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    online gratis en juegos free to play [Mod Translation - free online in free to play games]: no creo que sea justo que para jugar todos los juegos online aya que pagar una suscripcion esta bien ese no es el problema si no que en juegos como fortnite o apex que son free to play online...
  8. Why is Xbox live is important to play online games like fortnite and cod

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox live is important to play online games like fortnite and cod: I have a qustion why is xbox live is important to play most played online games like fortnite an cod e33baea0-10d1-4e54-84c0-0157628db962
  9. Child can’t play Fortnite online - Xbox message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child can’t play Fortnite online - Xbox message: Hi, Trying to set up Xbox one so son can play Fortnite. Keep getting message “You are unable to see content other people make because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your...
  10. WHY FORTNITE CAN BE PLAYED FREE ONLINE ON PS4 AND ON XBOX ONE DOES XBOX LIVE GOLD REQUIRE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY FORTNITE CAN BE PLAYED FREE ONLINE ON PS4 AND ON XBOX ONE DOES XBOX LIVE GOLD REQUIRE?: 1.good afternoon I wanted to say that it does not seem fair to me that the game weighs almost twice as much in xbox and still requires gold membership to play online being a beta phase whereas in...