Online Privacy

Discus and support Online Privacy in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Today I got kicked out of a multiplayer game that I was in. I just thought that I had lost connection and it wasn’t a big deal. However I then get a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Stam2601, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Stam2601
    Stam2601 Guest

Online Privacy

Today I got kicked out of a multiplayer game that I was in. I just thought that I had lost connection and it wasn’t a big deal. However I then get a message from an unkown account saying that they know where I live and what broadband I am connected to. They
    specified them and were true. I immediatly blocked the account and reported it. However I am now worried as this person may know exactly where I reside.

Any help would be appreciated on what next course of action I should take.

Many Thanks.

:)

Stam2601, Mar 14, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Online Privacy

3. RandyAU93 Win User

Online Privacy

You should also reboot your modem and network, since this will change your IP address to a different value. Lastly, you may want to contact your Internet Service Provider to let them know what happened.

All that said, the likelihood that this other user will try and locate you are extremely remote. They do this as a scare tactic, and most likely have no intention of trying to use the data.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Online Privacy

When you join parties with some strangers they can get access to your internet details. Usually it's to DDOS you. Which basically shuts down your router for a while. People try this a lot in some games. With me it's Siege. Usually when they are losing
    I will get a party invite. I never join because of that possibility. I would follow the advice given and report and block. If you are worried about your safety contact the Police. Just to let them know what happened so they can at least document it.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Online Privacy

Report this person and block them. If you think you might be in danger call the police immediately.
  6. XsmkstarzX Win User

Online Privacy

Hi Stam2601,

I'm sorry to hear your experience within the gaming community. If your made a report to the enforcement team then they will do their due diligence on the report. If you feel your safety is at risk, your should report it to your local authorities.
Thema:

Online Privacy

1. Online Privacy - Similar Threads - Online Privacy

2. Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings: Hi there, I've been trying to stream Windows 10 games to Mixer for the past week, but nothing seems to work. Through online research, I found that I need to toggle the setting under the Xbox...
  3. Submitting privacy and online settings greys out button and doesn’t submit

in XBoX on Windows
    Submitting privacy and online settings greys out button and doesn’t submit: Hi, When editing family online privacy settings for xbox, clicking save doesn’s submit. The button becomes geyed out snd unclickable. No error code. 492e1d33-2af8-49f5-9f12-7044de45385f
  4. Privacy & Online Saftey

in XBoX on Windows
    Privacy & Online Saftey: So, I want to change my priavcy setting of "You can create and join clubs" But every time I would do it, I would refresh the page and see that it still didn't change. Like for a second I would...
  5. Privacy & Online Safety Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Privacy & Online Safety Settings: I am trying to let my son play a multiplayer game on the Minecraft app on the iPad. I keep getting the message: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is...
  6. Privacy & Online settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Privacy & Online settings: Dear, Today I tried to join a realm on minecraft windows 10 edition, but there was an error with my Privacy & online settings. It said I need to change them on the Xbox site and so I did. It...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.xom

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.xom: I am unable to join a realm on Windows 10 minecraft because of this, i have no idea how to change this and this is very frustrating [img] cbb12304-53b2-4cd9-bbff-26874ad2dc38
  8. Privacy & online safety won't safe

in XBoX on Windows
    Privacy & online safety won't safe: Hello I wanted to play some minecraft on my friend realm so I got an invite but I coudn't accept cause my accout is still a kid account. So I asked my mother for her accout to change it myself. I...
  9. xbox online privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox online privacy settings: When i allow multiplayer games on my account it doesnt allow it, when i press submit it gets reset back to block. 5a2e2434-5aa3-4c06-b5a4-58d8e86e5a83
  10. Allowed privacy & online safety settings won't allow creating a realm (Minecraft Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allowed privacy & online safety settings won't allow creating a realm (Minecraft Windows 10): Hello I wanted to create a realm but I coudn't accept because privacy & online safety settings "were set up wrong". After checking that everything was set up as it was, I tried to relog into Xbox...