Only certain friends appearing offline

Discus and support Only certain friends appearing offline in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey only certain feiends of mine appear offline and i cannot join them but they can join me. They have pc and i have xbox one. Any ideas? I looked at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tesro, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Tesro
    Tesro Guest

Hey only certain feiends of mine appear offline and i cannot join them but they can join me. They have pc and i have xbox one. Any ideas? I looked at my privacy and is set to friends.

:)

Tesro, Jan 19, 2021
  2. xxxSCORPIONSxxx Win User

Friend appears offline to me only

hi ZAMBEZI WITHIN,

sorry i forgot to include an other new modem which we set up from scratch with still "OFFLINE" problem. also this new modem set up was now tested on a new xbox with still "OFFLINE" problem.

that is why we spent so many hours trouble shooting :(

hope this saves you some money too.
  3. xxxSCORPIONSxxx Win User

hi ZAMBEZI WITHIN,

don't do it. i have spent several hours with xbox live connectivity department three way with the internet provider trying to change and trouble shoot this:

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

and everything still the same.

everyone on my friends list notice this problem after the big dash board update around 2014 Christmas time. xbox live connectivity department does not know when the next big dash board update is and does not know if it would include the "OFFLINE" fix.

i hope i saved you some time on that.
  4. EdragonXX Win User

Hi Zambesi

In your situation it looks like the NAT problem. There is 3 different type NAT. Strict, Modern and open. Check your NAT type. And if you have STRICT or moderate type NAT then there may be some problems with seeing your friend and invite him to game.

> SETTINGS > NETWORK

With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the host of a match.

support.xbox.com/.../network-settings
  5. xxxSCORPIONSxxx Win User

most of my friends appear "OFFLINE" today even when they are online. the "OFFLINE" people sent me message saying their friends are "OFFLINE" also. this happens a couple times a month. when you call 1-800-469-9269 xbox live support every time
    they say they can not do anything about it. so you and your friends appear "OFFLINE" about a couple of days a month times twelve months which roughly comes to twenty-four days a year but xbox live told me they do not reimburse for your time loss( unless
    you go to arbitration).

the only thing that works for me is that you send a message to all your friends stating "i am letting you all know that i am onlne because i see you all "OFFLINE".

i hope this helps. good luck with the fix
  6. Crypt Boss Win User

Friends Appearing Offline

This has been happening a lot lately.. don't worry about it, it will be fixed by itself, or restart your console and check again.
Thema:

1. Only certain friends appearing offline - Similar Threads - certain friends appearing

2. Cant play games with a certain friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant play games with a certain friends: Im able to play games with other friends but two it's not a nat type problem or anything to do with connection we haven't got each other blocked either we just cant play it's like Xbox doesn't...
  3. Xbox on PC only shows me as "Online" to my friends on certain games, How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on PC only shows me as "Online" to my friends on certain games, How do I fix this?: Hello, I've had this issue since I got a PC last summer and it's very infuriating. Most games I play will display on my Xbox Status for my Xbox friends. However, games like Resident Evil 7 on...
  4. Needing Some Help | Series S - Lagging Issues When Playing With Certain Friend

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Needing Some Help | Series S - Lagging Issues When Playing With Certain Friend: Needing Some Help | Series S - Lagging Issues When Playing With Certain Friend Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am advisor independent and I will be helping you today. How are you,...
  5. Achievement art, half of my friends lists profile pictures and certain tiles on the Home...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Achievement art, half of my friends lists profile pictures and certain tiles on the Home...: I got a new xbox series x for christmas but ever since i got it i’ve had the problems mentioned in the title. I never had any of these kind of graphical probems with my xbox one. [img] [img]...
  6. Issues playing certain games with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues playing certain games with friends: When attempting to play some games (like Minecraft, Terraria, and Risk of Rain 2) the game joining process will fail. This can range from error messages to getting booted from the game. I have...
  7. Can't connect to one certain friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to one certain friend.: My friend and I are sharing home xbox with each other (his xbox is my home xbox and vice versa) and we cannot connect to each other in games shared to one another through home xbox. I'm curious if...
  8. Unable To Add A Certain Friend.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable To Add A Certain Friend.: Hello, Recently A Good Friend Of Mine Accidently Misclicked And Unfriended Me Because Of It. But, When I Select To Add Them As A Friend Again On The Xbox Console Companion, It Says They've Been...
  9. Not able to play certain games with only one other friend.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to play certain games with only one other friend.: I have been having issues on and off for the past couple months where I am unable to join my one friends game. This only occurs with certain games (including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, GTA V,...
  10. Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....: Ive gone through many threads here and its obvious thousands of other users are having the same problem. Family members, who are obviously also friends on xbox live, consistantly appear offline....