Only guide button works

Discus and support Only guide button works in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, Just turned on my X and nothing but the guide button works on my controllers (tried two). I also tried plugging my controller in and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/osolo88, Nov 14, 2019.

1. /u/osolo88
    /u/osolo88 Guest

Only guide button works

Hey Everyone,

Just turned on my X and nothing but the guide button works on my controllers (tried two). I also tried plugging my controller in and while it was charging it didn’t change anything else working. I’m on Alpha Skip a head. Anyone else have this issue?

submitted by /u/osolo88
    [link] [comments]

/u/osolo88, Nov 14, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

guide buttons not working

Sorry to hear it. I had that once a while back but a factory reset solved the issue. There is an option to keep installed games and apps so you won't need to worry about redownloading if you choose to give this a try.
  3. Miss Portia Win User

Guide button and start button not working.

Actually, that's a standard wired Xbox 360 controller. They have a breakaway design. It sounds like you're missing the other end of it.
  4. AcidVenus-64E8FF19-2 Win User

Sorry for the late replies, I don't have my own internet connection at home and I struggle to connect to the hotspots in the apartment building.

Anyway, no I don't have another cable to try. I was looking through my "bag of wires and spares" and came across an xbox pad but not sure why I bought it.

It's wired but it's not USB. It looks like a PS2 plug (the old mouse and keyboard type thing.)

But I've never had PS2 ports on my laptops since i got my Xbox so I really don't know the use for it.
  5. Miss Portia Win User

Definitely check with new batteries, and post back with if the problem is still occuring. :)
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Do you have another cable to try?
Thema:

Only guide button works

1. Only guide button works - Similar Threads - guide button works

2. Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0

in XboX Insiders
    Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0: Like the title says, at least one out of every two times I boot up my One X using the guide button on an Elite 2.0, none of the buttons on the controller work except for the guide button. A soft...
  3. Search Icon is back on the guide button. Yay

in XboX Insiders
    Search Icon is back on the guide button. Yay: [IMG] submitted by /u/ThatFreelance [link] [comments]
  4. guide buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    guide buttons not working: Occasionally my xbox guide will glitch out, making it so when i press A on a tile, it shows the animation as usual, but the app/menu won’t open. Then i have to restart my xbox. Anyone else have...
  5. Guide Button is not working!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guide Button is not working!: I was using an xbox controller using an wireless adapter for some weeks, using windows 10 (update 1) and everything was working perfectly fine. Then I did updated windows, to the second update...
  6. Xbox goes to a black screen but the guide button still works.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox goes to a black screen but the guide button still works.: I hit the guide button after I was done playing a game tonight and went to the home screen it brought me to the home screen for a second or two then went to a black screen. I can still play games...
  7. The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.: The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on. 2134053a-8713-414c-8e4f-8aa0cd3aa582
  8. Xbox guide/home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox guide/home button not working: There seems to be a problem with the guide button. It flashes 6 times then stops and then guide button doesn't work anymore. All the other buttons work but the guide doesn't. I also have a second...
  9. Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work: I got my xbox one for christmas and has had no issues until earlier today all the buttons on my controller work except for the main home/guide button, so whenever i want to switch games i have to...
  10. Xbox One Controller guide button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller guide button stopped working: Hello, My Xbox guide button on my Xbox One controller stopped working. It was working fine yesterday morning then I had a controller update and now the guide button does not work at all. I tried...