Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass

Discus and support Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've just got a new XBox 1, and got free trials of both xBox live and gamepass. However, Only I am able to use this to go online or download software.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AndrewGreen9, Apr 15, 2019.

1. AndrewGreen9
    AndrewGreen9 Guest

I've just got a new XBox 1, and got free trials of both xBox live and gamepass. However, Only I am able to use this to go online or download software. There are two other accounts, one of which is set up as family, and neither of them are able to use these
    trials. How do I set up other users to take advantage of the online facilities?

:)

AndrewGreen9, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

You'll need to make sure you have the console set as your Home console. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Also keep in mind that Game Pass doesn't actually share, but the games downloaded do share. So the games would have to be installed from your account initially, but the other profiles can access them.
  3. a27cd1 Win User

Yup, setting the account you have the game pass on as the "Home" account should do it.

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select
      My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.
    Just be aware you can only change your home account so many times.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    AndrewGreen9
    !

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I understand that you're trying to 'game share' free trials of Xbox Live and Game Pass.

Unfortunately you would not be able to game share Free trials. In order to game share with the other accounts,

your account would need to have an active (paid) Xbox Live Gold subscription. I apologize.

Below I'll provide a helpful game sharing info link:

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

I hope this helped!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. Airyrose666 Win User

6. XBF George L Win User

does the xbox game pass work with the 360 and what is the difference between that and xbox live gold

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to the forums with your inquiry. The difference between Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Gamepass is basically what the two subscriptions do. Xbox Live Gold is a paid subscription that enables you to be able to play online multiplayer with
    your friends around the world. Xbox Live Gold also gives you access to Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. Xbox Gamepass is basically a paid subscription that enables your account to have access to the Xbox Gamepass Library of games that you are able to install
    and play just by maintaining your subscription. Xbox Gamepass is for use on an Xbox One only.

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Only one user able to connect to xBox live or xBox gamepass - Similar Threads - user able connect

2. XBOX One user settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One user settings: Could anyone please tell me if the settings on the console, such as headset volume and accessibility features are meant to be user specific or global? I am trying to setup profiles for my family...
  3. How do I find my own user ID?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I find my own user ID?: Can somebody explain to me step by step, how to find my user ID? The only app I have right now is Xbox Console Companion; if that helps. Or you could type my user ID as the answer, that will save...
  4. New Xbox dashboard for Alpha Skip Ahead users

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox dashboard for Alpha Skip Ahead users: Does anybody know if Xbox are still selecting Alpha Skipahead users to receive the new looking Xbox one dashboard? I know it was select users but are there any plans to expand this or is it a...
  5. Can GamePass for PC be shared between users?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can GamePass for PC be shared between users?: If I don't have an xbox, can I share a Gamepass for PC subscription with other users on my computer? Specifically within my family? I have my kids setup with microsoft accounts as part of "family"...
  6. Game Pass Ultimate on multiple user accounts (same PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate on multiple user accounts (same PC): So there are two accounts on the computer, both of which have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, however one account installed a bunch of games from the Game Pass library and they are listed as...
  7. Xbox needs to compensate Live users

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox needs to compensate Live users: It's Friday evening, and Xbox Live is down. New games and Betas have just dropped. We continually pay for this live service and games but don't have access to them. Compensation is beyond needed,...
  8. Permission to allow users to link games and create mouse profiles

in XBoX on Windows
    Permission to allow users to link games and create mouse profiles: I located the .exe file for a game through the game pass and tried linking it to Razer Synapse but it advised I didn't have permission. I think it's worth allowing users to use the .exe file to...
  9. Will Xbox One X users be able to play with Original Xbox One players?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox One X users be able to play with Original Xbox One players?: if my friend goes and gets a Xbox One X will we be able to play together even though I have the normal Xbox One d115111e-9221-40ec-af02-faf08f354e30
  10. Rock Candy XBox One controller: any users able to help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rock Candy XBox One controller: any users able to help?: Does anybody have one of the Rock Candy wired controllers fo the XBox One, and if so, is the micro USB connection on it any more secure than the woefully dodgy one on the standard controllers?...