Only showing a black screen on start-up

Discus and support Only showing a black screen on start-up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Because of the rubbish aspect ratio, I changed the TV connection from 'auto' to 'HDMI' in the video settings on the console. Now it refuses to show... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsRainbowDash, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Only showing a black screen on start-up

Because of the rubbish aspect ratio, I changed the TV connection from 'auto' to 'HDMI' in the video settings on the console. Now it refuses to show anything but a black screen, but audio still comes through fine. I've tried doing a reboot by holding
    down the power button until it shuts off and I've tried booting it in the lowest resolution settings by holding down the eject and power buttons until it turns on, but it still shows a black screen after saying the settings have been reset to 480p. There's
    only one HDMI port on my TV, It's the only TV in the house, and I've also completely swapped the HDMI cable for a new one.

:)

ItsRainbowDash, Apr 1, 2015
  2. I was in the promised land, now I'm in hell...lol

Thank you Mister Urkel for replying,

I tried all of those things with no success. It is still starting up, showing me the Xbox One start screen and then going to a black screen and just staying on that.

CapricanToaster, Apr 1, 2015
  3. black screen on start up

im part of the preview program and the new dashboard has been crashing my xbox constantly, causing me to reset it and now, when i try to turn it on, it shows the logo and xbox one, loads, then black screen, help please?

DoctaSizzNizz97, Apr 1, 2015
  4. VanchoSG Win User

Blackscreen after start-up

Same here, just updated my Xbox last night, everytime I start it up it only shows a black screen... Pressing home button only brings the shutdown menu, if I choose "report a problem" it shows the Xbox Feedback screen but then goes back to black
  5. ShayaanAhmad1 Win User

Kinect for Xbox One Not Working in Games

When the game starts up to show the main screen, there’s a box on the left of the screen showing what the kinect sees. That shows a total black screen. Underneath that kinect view is another box that shows the kinect’s field of view and normally, if you
    stand in front of the kinect, it recognizes you and a green dot appears on the screen to let you know its figured out where you’re standing. You can go ahead and start playing. For us, kinect doesn’t pick up on the person standing trying to play the game and
    shows a completely black screen.
  6. XxPWNAGExX3 Win User

Help!!!!!

When you start up dark souls does go a black screen and not even show the loading bonfire?
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

x box

I'm guessing the posters first language isn't English. I suspect the xbox starts up shows an error and the screen goes black.

Try leaving the xbox at the black screen and powered on for around an hour or so and it may hopefully boot up fully.
  8. II Skillz Win User

Xbox One stuck on black screen after boot up

I have been experiencing the same problems, black screen after start up. Halo froze went back to dashboard and couldn't do anything from there. Did a hard reset and only get a black screen after start up.
Thema:

Only showing a black screen on start-up

1. Only showing a black screen on start-up - Similar Threads - showing black screen

2. My Xbox One X had a black screen for the past 3 weeks and it constantly shows the screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X had a black screen for the past 3 weeks and it constantly shows the screen...: My Xbox one X was in the insider Program. I left yesterday opting out of it on my PC. My xbox for the past 3 weeks would start on a black screen and then randomly reset and show the 4k chip....
  3. Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro: Completely out of nowhere, my game cuts to black. I can still talk to the people in my party, but I decide to hard restart my Xbox. Now nothing happens on startup, no noise is played, but my...
  4. Black screen but menu will show and games will play

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen but menu will show and games will play: I cannot replicate this but it has happened to me twice since the last update. What happens is that the screen is black. Nothing at all shows except the customize and search options thing in...
  5. my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...: my xbox wont come on its just a black screen we have factory reset it an it is still under warranty through xbox I need for someone to contact me asap afbbe297-2a4e-48e7-b98b-c6c3e51e12c5
  6. After changing my password, trying to sign in shows me a black screen with the circle...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After changing my password, trying to sign in shows me a black screen with the circle...: I just reset my password and I can't sign into my Xbox. 81e1d855-90fa-4d26-8134-9144bcf3b24f
  7. Xbox One X Showing Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Showing Black Screen: We have two Xbox OneX in the house and both of them randomly started to malfunction and I need assistance 92a04aed-9b58-4c8f-a537-129a7f954205
  8. Xbox One showing black screen after the green screen boot up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One showing black screen after the green screen boot up.: Hi My Xbox One has just recently started showing a black screen after the green screen boot up. Whenever I press the Xbox guide button in the middle of my remote a pop-up appears displaying a...
  9. Xbox will turn on and show Xbox logo screen and then go black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will turn on and show Xbox logo screen and then go black: Last night I was playing a game on my Xbox and the game froze. I didn't think anything of it and it might not even correlate with the problem I'm having but regardless, I quit the game and tried...
  10. Shows green startup animation then goes to black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shows green startup animation then goes to black screen: My xbox one has been turned off for about a month and a bit because my power brick broke. I plugged a different power brick into the console and turned the machine on. It started like normal and...