Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0

Discus and support Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Like the title says, at least one out of every two times I boot up my One X using the guide button on an Elite 2.0, none of the buttons on the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BadKermit, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:32 PM.

1. /u/BadKermit
    /u/BadKermit Guest

Like the title says, at least one out of every two times I boot up my One X using the guide button on an Elite 2.0, none of the buttons on the controller work except for the guide button. A soft reset doesn't seem to fix it, but a hard reset usually does. It's a really weird problem, and I assume it's software-related, since the controller works fine once it's actually registering, and there's obviously not a communication issue since the guide button still works.

submitted by /u/BadKermit
    [link] [comments]

/u/BadKermit, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:32 PM
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox elite controller y, b,a, x, no lights 1

There is no lights on the a,b,x,y buttons on the Elite controller. The only light is the Xbox button, when you turn the console on.
  3. aztonyusa Win User

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition stops responding

I've had a similar problem. I have the Xbox X and the Elite controller. A couple of times, tonight is one, I turn on the console and it only responds to pressing the Home button and a couple of navigation commands. Hold down the home button to bring up the
    power off console, controller, or report a problem menu, when one is highlighted it just blinks when pressing the A button. Only have had the X for a couple of weeks. Hasn't happened yet while I am doing something on the console. only after it is powered up.
  4. WPAK Win User

Slim Xbox going. Nuts!!!!!

Hi there,

nobody is turning the console on by pushing the Guide button (The silver button with a X) on a controller right?

And does it turn on by itself when a HDMI cable is connected?
  5. aztonyusa Win User

Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

I don't get the same problem as you but kind of similar. My Xbox one X turns itself on randomly and also suggest stopped doing anything when the A button is pressed on the home screens. It recognizes that you pressed the button, it just doesn't do anything.
    If you hold the button down it might recognize it eventually. It does this with every controller I have so it's not the controllers.
    I have the same problem you are having with the controller. In fact it's happening right now, I had to take the batteries out of the Elite controller and use the standard controller. It only happens with the X console and when using
    the Elite controller. If I use the Elite controller on my day one edition of the One it never happened. Xbox support has no answers except the usual nonsense, which does nothing for this problem.
  6. SynapticNPTN Win User

Elite controller question

Why do elite controllers turn off when you hold down the x or the b button for 3sec ???

in halo 5 like when ur jacking a vehicle!!
Thema:

1. Only the guide button working when I turn on One X with Elite 2.0 - Similar Threads - guide button working

2. Search Icon is back on the guide button. Yay

in XboX Insiders
    Search Icon is back on the guide button. Yay: [IMG] submitted by /u/ThatFreelance [link] [comments]
  3. Only guide button works

in XboX Insiders
    Only guide button works: Hey Everyone, Just turned on my X and nothing but the guide button works on my controllers (tried two). I also tried plugging my controller in and while it was charging it didn’t change anything...
  4. guide buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    guide buttons not working: Occasionally my xbox guide will glitch out, making it so when i press A on a tile, it shows the animation as usual, but the app/menu won’t open. Then i have to restart my xbox. Anyone else have...
  5. Guide Button is not working!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guide Button is not working!: I was using an xbox controller using an wireless adapter for some weeks, using windows 10 (update 1) and everything was working perfectly fine. Then I did updated windows, to the second update...
  6. Xbox goes to a black screen but the guide button still works.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox goes to a black screen but the guide button still works.: I hit the guide button after I was done playing a game tonight and went to the home screen it brought me to the home screen for a second or two then went to a black screen. I can still play games...
  7. The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.: The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on. 2134053a-8713-414c-8e4f-8aa0cd3aa582
  8. Xbox guide/home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox guide/home button not working: There seems to be a problem with the guide button. It flashes 6 times then stops and then guide button doesn't work anymore. All the other buttons work but the guide doesn't. I also have a second...
  9. Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work: I got my xbox one for christmas and has had no issues until earlier today all the buttons on my controller work except for the main home/guide button, so whenever i want to switch games i have to...
  10. Xbox One Controller guide button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller guide button stopped working: Hello, My Xbox guide button on my Xbox One controller stopped working. It was working fine yesterday morning then I had a controller update and now the guide button does not work at all. I tried...