open tray issue

Discus and support open tray issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when i put disk in my 360 it says open tray how can i fix this issue 0834abee-b6dd-4560-9061-a4e17edce083 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by grice2000, Feb 8, 2014.

1. grice2000
    grice2000 Guest

open tray issue

when i put disk in my 360 it says open tray how can i fix this issue

:)

grice2000, Feb 8, 2014
  2. Open Tray issue !!

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

i'm no tech expert, but I wouldn't have thought it was due to overheating as the new slims are supposed to have an automatic shut down procedure if they get too hot or are not well ventilated, sounds more like a problem with the laser in the disc drive,
    maybe try the support pages for some more info - hope you get it sorted though mate

[/quote]

I agree, it's the laser. I had the exact same problem. Playing about with the POT got it to work for a few more weeks, but then I had to buy a new laser. Once I replaced that it worked just fine.

Morph Phoenix, Feb 8, 2014
  3. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    Open Tray issue !!

[quote user="sparklefingers"]

Hog they're suppose to doesn't mean they don't over heat. i have gone through one already.

[/quote]Yeah, I know there are still people experiencing overheating problems, from what Problematic Dog is describing though it does sound more like an issue with the disc drive, specifically the laser

neilhorgan, Feb 8, 2014
  4. open tray issue

From my personal experience when you put a disk in your console and it says nothing more than "Open Tray" or "Play DVD" then your disk drive may be shot. Only way to fix the problem is to either send it in to Microsoft to be fixed, or buy a new Xbox.

You could also go here and try to se if you can solve the issue yourself:
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

RiposaurusRex, Feb 9, 2014
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Open tray issue

Just to clarify, all other discs work on your console, correct? Does this disc work on other consoles?
  6. Problematic dog Win User

Open Tray issue !!

i can see where you could get confused so ill explain further, the console was traded in without being used, the original owner got it as part of a phone contract deal and then traded it in for the cash, it had not been used or connected to the
    internet, all original seals and stickers and packaging where as they should have been, hence the "new (pre owned) statement, hope that clears that up and sorry for any confusion :)
  7. LicensedCrimson Win User

Open Tray Issue

Hello xDotHackerx, It could be a problem with your lens inside the xbox. I had this problem before and I just get a cleaning disc and put it in the Xbox let it run and it worked fine.
  8. Shifty360 LIVE Win User

Open tray issue

Hi :)

Just before I got Red Ring (which was due to a loose disc reader) I would have this problem.

There is not much I could do, besides give it a good thump or ring support (who are great)
  9. neilhorgan Win User

Open Tray issue !!

[quote user="sparklefingers"]

Oh i know that, i was just saying to your above post that they are still breaking. mine was 6 months old. my new one is coming up to 6 months old too and it kept crashing last night....

[/quote]Sorry to hear that Sparkle - Hope it was just a one off
Thema:

open tray issue

1. open tray issue - Similar Threads - open tray issue

2. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  3. Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself: My xbox 360 slim opens and closen tray and turn off and on by itself. And is beeping like i press all buttons really fast many times. It don't matter if it on or off. It is pretty old so i don't...
  4. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray: OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's...
  5. Open tray error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open tray error: experiencing open tray error. I recently replaced the disk drive the reader that is, and enjoyed about 15 hours of gaming now this. The reader stays in the default position next to the part where...
  6. 360 keeps consuming disks and won't open dsk tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 keeps consuming disks and won't open dsk tray: ok, before this starts, by consume I meant major laser burn or scratches the disk. In my time of 360 all consoles I had/have have ended up with broken disk trays that don't open unless you...
  7. Open Tray error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Tray error: I have an original xbox 360 and its always worked fine until yesterday when it wont read any discs anymore. it wont even read my brand new game i got yesterday. I'vs tried everything but nothing...
  8. Open tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open tray: An Xbox 360 I bought a while back had no problems until a couple years later when I wanted to play NCAA football 14. But when I put the game in it wouldn't start it just said reading then said...
  9. Open tray, wont play disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open tray, wont play disc: I think many peolle with the xbox360 have the same problem, console not playing disk and the menu says "open tray". Mine does that also. The xbox360 is probably the worst design and the most...
  10. Disc Tray Won't Open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Tray Won't Open: Hi, I have been having an issue with my Xbox 360, but its been getting worse over the time. Whenever I try to open my disc tray, it does the humming sound, then just doesn't open. I have currently...