Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close

Discus and support Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I use Windows G to open game bar the capture widget covers the entire screen I can't close it. I restarted and but whenever I do Windows G it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrystalWilliams-Brown, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close

When I use Windows G to open game bar the capture widget covers the entire screen I can't close it. I restarted and but whenever I do Windows G it covers the whole screen. I can select record but can't tell what it's recording. It also doesn't actually show my captures. I have to go to the. folder to Check that. I can't take screenshots of what it looks like because it covers everything. I am using it on a Microsoft surface tablet. I don't have a keyboard yet. I use the one on screen, so I can't go full screen and use the shortcut for recording because the keyboard isn't available in full screen. Why is the captures widget so big? How can I close it so I can see the screen I'm recording?

:)

CrystalWilliams-Brown, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close

i dont mean hardware related, could be the os
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Could be something related to your device and not the game bar in self, maybe a bad Windows installation if both didn't worked
  4. CrystalWilliams-Brow Win User

I changed the transparency in the personalization menu, however all widgets remain completely opaque.

There was an update and I installed that. After it a saw I could open and close the captures widget with a button on the menu bar. Also if I set the display size to 175% instead of the recommended 200% I can see the borders of the captures widget and the text isn't too small. I prefer the 200% because it's easier to select things accurately, so I'll likely stick to that.

I'm glad I have options. not sure why transparency and resizing don't work
  5. CrystalWilliams-Brow Win User

The bottom isn't moving. Where can I adjust transparency? It could be because it's a tablet and I don't have an external keyboard or mouse.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi CrystalWilliams-Brown! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can modify the size of each widget manually you can also change in the screen settings the screen scale so all the items on windows are set according to your screen
Thema:

1. Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close - Similar Threads - Opening Game Bar

2. Windows 11 Game Bar not disabling input when open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Game Bar not disabling input when open: Hello everyone, When I am playing a game and use the xbox game bar the game keeps registering input still, both on controller and mouse and keyboard. This did not used to happen but started maybe...
  3. xbox game bar opening when trying to type shift+c

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game bar opening when trying to type shift+c: why is when i click shift + c it opens xbox game bar and says broadcasting is no longer supported? fba20a6c-c4b0-4cf4-a3db-779de7684ac1
  4. XBOX Game Bar Won't Open in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Bar Won't Open in Minecraft: After installing Minecraft on my computer, I tried to open xbox game bar in full screen but it wasn't opening in full screen, it was causing problems in Xbox Game Bar, when I scrolled through the...
  5. Xbox Game bar won't open with the shortcut

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game bar won't open with the shortcut: I recently did a bit of modification and updates to my PC because I was trying to optimize my PC of some games but that's besides the point, I won't let me open game bar with the shortcut I...
  6. Cant open Xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open Xbox game bar: I am on windows 10 and I cant access Xbox game bar, What I have tried: CRTL + G dose not work I try to search it in the search menu, It wont open I have went to settings and reset and...
  7. Xbox game bar isn't opening

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar isn't opening: So I've had my computer for awhile now and when I first got it Xbox game bar would open. I recently updated it to Windows 11 and now when I click the Windows key + G it won't open. I've tried...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller opens up Game Bar when pressing A

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller opens up Game Bar when pressing A: When I press A the Game bar pops up This only happens when connected through Bluetooth Remapping does NOT work When using the Xbox Accessories app, it claims only A is being pressed. When I...
  9. When I press Xbox elite controler button A automaticlly I open Xbox game bar and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I press Xbox elite controler button A automaticlly I open Xbox game bar and it...: When I press Xbox elite controler A button automaticlly I open Xbox game bar and it doesn´´t let me play with it. Please help me, thanks! d279d0ae-3205-4ce6-ad70-3249f7477ef4
  10. Elite Controller Series 2 is mapping A Button to open Game Bar PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 is mapping A Button to open Game Bar PC: When wired up to the PC it works fine, when connected to the PC's bluetooth the A button works as intended but ALSO opens and closes the Game Bar, as if I were hitting the Xbox Button. No issues...