Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds

Discus and support Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This specifically happens when I use game bar with COD Modern Warfare/Warzone, but it may be wll present in other games, I guess. Steps to recreate... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Axldust, Aug 19, 2021.

1. /u/Axldust
    /u/Axldust Guest

This specifically happens when I use game bar with COD Modern Warfare/Warzone, but it may be wll present in other games, I guess.

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Open COD Modern Warfare/Warzone and start and online match
    2. During match open game bar normally, close it
    3. With my character I try to run, but keybind won't work
    4. If I restart the game the problem solves itself temporary, until I open game bar again

This problem was also present before I was part of the insider program(but the problem was temporary solved by just binding the key again, restarting the game was not necessary).

submitted by /u/Axldust
    [link] [comments]

/u/Axldust, Aug 19, 2021
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
  3. Panda Time Win User

Windows Game Bar - Push to Talk keybind

Hi,

Upon opening the Game Bar via Win+G you will need to navigate to the settings which is the Gear Symbol, Once you have done so you will then need to navigate down to 'Party Chat' you will then see a option to toggle PTT (Push To Talk) to change the keybind it
    will need to be enabled, all you will need to do is select 'Record Keybind, press the key you would like it to be, It will only give you one option for keybinding.

If you are getting multiple keybinds then I would suggest re-installing the Xbox App.
  4. Vngi Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
    by W + G I mean Windows + G that's correct, I can see it in " Task Manager " when I launch it from the start menu, although if I go to Game Bar Settings to actually enable it, this is how that goes for me I've tried everything on the internet to actually
    resolve this issue but nothing seems to actually do the trick, here's a gif of wha thappens when I try to enable it also thank you for the response.
    [​IMG]
  5. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Not able to record using xbox game bar

Hi, If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Xbox Game Bar settings. Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar are On.
  6. MaeMagz Win User

No Game Audio through Headset/Earphones After Controller Update

Try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter,
    moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Opening Xbox game bar makes me lose game keybinds - Similar Threads - Opening game bar

2. If i press ctrl+V instead of pasting xbox game bar is opening

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i press ctrl+V instead of pasting xbox game bar is opening: early in windows 10 i can use copy and paste shortcuts freely but now i can't because everytime i click ctrl+v x box is opening 51971d54-b6ea-45d9-baef-72591c0ecebe
  3. Game Bar won't stay open

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't stay open: Hi, I am having trouble keeping my game bar open. It is an essential part of my productivity with whatever I'm doing, whether it be playing games or watching a show. I do Win+G and it opens, but a...
  4. Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...: Hi I have seen this problem in the forum but have been unable to find a solution that works. My new Xbox Elite controller always opens Game Bar when I hit the "A" button. I have checked the Game...
  5. Xbox game bar crashes when I try to open gallery

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar crashes when I try to open gallery: Sometimes win+G works, sometimes it doesn't. When it do it'll crash when I'll try to open the screenshots gallery. I tried following tutorials of how to fix it using regedit and I even reinstalled...
  6. Why is Xbox Game Bar opening primarily on my SECONDARY Monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Xbox Game Bar opening primarily on my SECONDARY Monitor?: This is weird, right? Everyone online posts about why isn't there the ability to choose for it to open on the secondary monitor; meanwhile, I accidentally stumbled upon the holy grail, and I don't...
  7. XBox Game Bar not opening when pressing the XBox button - Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar not opening when pressing the XBox button - Windows 10: Hi, I used to be able to open the XBox Game Bar in Windows 10 by pressing the XBox button on my controller (XBox Elite series 2 connected via MS controller USB adapter). I don't use it that often...
  8. Windows 11 Game Bar not disabling input when open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Game Bar not disabling input when open: Hello everyone, When I am playing a game and use the xbox game bar the game keeps registering input still, both on controller and mouse and keyboard. This did not used to happen but started maybe...
  9. Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close

in XBoX on Consoles
    Opening Game Bar Covers Whole Screen including the area to record and won't close: When I use Windows G to open game bar the capture widget covers the entire screen I can't close it. I restarted and but whenever I do Windows G it covers the whole screen. I can select record but...
  10. xbox game bar opening when trying to type shift+c

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game bar opening when trying to type shift+c: why is when i click shift + c it opens xbox game bar and says broadcasting is no longer supported? fba20a6c-c4b0-4cf4-a3db-779de7684ac1