Optical Sound Delay

Discus and support Optical Sound Delay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Xbox 360 Slim and I want listen to the surround sound 5.1 using my home-theater. But there is a issue. My TV doesn't has ARC function,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C. Ravani, Apr 5, 2015.

1. C. Ravani
    C. Ravani Guest

Optical Sound Delay

Hi.

I have a Xbox 360 Slim and I want listen to the surround sound 5.1 using my home-theater. But there is a issue.

My TV doesn't has ARC function, so I need to use optical cable. If I connect the cable directly between the console and my HT, it sounds good. But if I connect the optical cable on TV and use it as a bridge between the console and the HT, there is a sound
    delay.

If I do the same with my satellite receptor or the cable decoder, there isn't such issue.

Anybody else had this same problem and is has a solution?

The connection used between the console and TV is HDMI. If I set "stereo output" on console, there is no delay.

:)

C. Ravani, Apr 5, 2015
  2. Sound delay in halo 4

What's your audio setup? You using HDMI to a tv, surround sound system, optical, RCA? What's the deal? I'm not getting any delay.

Jaximus Decimus, Apr 5, 2015
  3. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    Audio is delayed when using DTS over optical.

I've been using DTS with optical on my X1 since launch I haven't noticed any delay or lag with sound. Sorry to hear your having issues have you tryed a different player with a DTS audio track threw optical? I think maybe its the decoder in our reciever?

Xenokai, Apr 5, 2015
  4. Jaximus Decimus Win User

Sound delay in halo 4

What's your audio setup? You using HDMI to a tv, surround sound system, optical, RCA? What's the deal? I'm not getting any delay.
  5. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

Xbox One Support

should be able to run vigin box ~ xbox one ~ sound system, i think but depending on the prossessing speed of the sound system there may be a delay on the sound. the other option would be to run the sound inderpendanlly through the tv or xbox optic outputs,
    it all really depends on the systems your using
  6. Xenokai Win User

Audio is delayed when using DTS over optical.

I've been using DTS with optical on my X1 since launch I haven't noticed any delay or lag with sound. Sorry to hear your having issues have you tryed a different player with a DTS audio track threw optical? I think maybe its the decoder in our reciever?
  7. BodyBag UK Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

Only sound options on sky boxes relate to optical output so do not effect hdmi sound channel. Are you saying the console is processing the sound rather than passing through unprocessed to the tv? Have tried all inputs with and without console in circuit
    and as before without console no audio delay and with console delay. Hdmi cables are high quality, 1 being the supplied xbox one cable. I will add that after a hard reboot of the console the sound is in sync for a short while but drifts off over a short time.
  8. soniclooking Win User

Live TV delayed audio

I'm having the same issue. My Directv box is plugged into hdmi on the xbox one and then into Input 1 on my vizio tv. Then optical audio out my tv to a vizio sound bar. It is really annoying. I don't seem to notice it when I'm playing games or watching
    streaming movies. Only on the live tv function.

If there was a way to delay the video signal slightly it could match up. The adjustments on my TV are always delaying the audio which is already delayed.
Thema:

Optical Sound Delay

1. Optical Sound Delay - Similar Threads - Optical Sound Delay

2. Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  3. Panasonic SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar: Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers) SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar I have an insignia sound bar. (I selected Panasonic because it didn’t have insignia as an option) Currently, I have the...
  4. No sound through Optical from Xbox to A/V reciever

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound through Optical from Xbox to A/V reciever: Hello, I'm not receiving any sound from my speakers through the optical from my xbox. The optical lead lights up red and the optical port on the xbox is also red. The xbox is set to surround...
  5. Xbox One 5.1 Optical Surround Sound Problems - No Sound From Rear Surround Speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 5.1 Optical Surround Sound Problems - No Sound From Rear Surround Speakers: Hey Team, I need some help, I think after scanning the web its my physical hardware set up that is prohibiting 5.1 surround sound. But I can't find the exact answer. Problem: I am getting a test...
  6. Comcast HDMI-in w/ HDMI-out to projector, optical audio to AV receiver: no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comcast HDMI-in w/ HDMI-out to projector, optical audio to AV receiver: no sound: Greetings-- I have an older projector that does not handshake properly with my newer AV receiver (5.1 surround sound) via HDCP. So I've used optical audio out to successfully get sound. Before...
  7. xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio: hello im on xbox one ,im connecting it to a optama hd projector via hdmi, and to a sound bar via optical lead the sound works after altering settings on xbox to stop audio on hdmi and enable on...
  8. Optical output for sound bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical output for sound bar: so after the recent update my Philips sound bar does not work everything was working perfectly fine before I've been in contact with Philips they say it's an Xbox problem Xbox say it's not a...
  9. Optical output for sound bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical output for sound bar: so after the recent update my Philips sound bar does not work everything was working perfectly fine before I've been in contact with Philips they say it's an Xbox problem Xbox say it's not a...
  10. Optical output for sound bar

in XBoX on Consoles