Ori: Will of the Wisps - Game Save Disappearing Repeatedly

Discus and support Ori: Will of the Wisps - Game Save Disappearing Repeatedly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ori: Will of the Wisps keeps losing save progress. I'm on Windows10 Enterprise with OneDrive Folder Redirection. It happens every time. My process is:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JoeGough, Mar 15, 2020.

1. JoeGough
    JoeGough Guest

Ori: Will of the Wisps keeps losing save progress. I'm on Windows10 Enterprise with OneDrive Folder Redirection. It happens every time. My process is:

1) Save at the Shrine so it says "game saved" on screen.
    2) exit to main menu and check the game % on the save game screen.
    3) Copy the game save to the 2nd save slot (just in case)
    4) reload the save and confirm its definately correct
    5) exit to main menu again, double check the save
    6) exit the game via the menu system
    7) reload the game only to find the save status has lost X amount of progress.

I've had this happen on 12% when it dropped me back to 6%, then again at 22% back to 15% and now at 30% back to 20%.

Its basically unplayable. I've tried to find the save game file location but because gamepass it seems like its hidden away. I'm a fan of Xbox Gamepass but this is making me want to just cancel my sub and pay for the game on Steam. Needs to be sorted ASAP
    as I can't be the only one.

:)

JoeGough, Mar 15, 2020
  2. CARLOSferrando marti Win User

Ori: Will of the Wisps keeps losing save progress. I'm on Windows10 Enterprise with OneDrive Folder Redirection. It happens every time. My process is:

1) Save at the Shrine so it says "game saved" on screen.
    2) exit to main menu and check the game % on the save game screen.
    3) Copy the game save to the 2nd save slot (just in case)
    4) reload the save and confirm its definately correct
    5) exit to main menu again, double check the save
    6) exit the game via the menu system
    7) reload the game only to find the save status has lost X amount of progress.

I've had this happen on 12% when it dropped me back to 6%, then again at 22% back to 15% and now at 30% back to 20%.

Its basically unplayable. I've tried to find the save game file location but because gamepass it seems like its hidden away. I'm a fan of Xbox Gamepass but this is making me want to just cancel my sub and pay for the game on Steam. Needs to be sorted ASAP
    as I can't be the only one.
    Hello, I have the same problem. I have lost all my progress. Anyone know how to resolve?

Thanks!!!
  3. DragonzReef Win User

I had the same thing happen to me today. It was "not responding" while it was loading. I ended task and tried again, to discover that all the progress I made in the last 8 hours of game play was undone.
  4. JS_77 Win User

It has happed to me. I made it through 90% of the game. When i went to play it the next day, i was at 30% completion. I loved the game, but i did not want to go through all the parts that frustrated me. So... I uninstalled it. I will not be playing it
    again.
  5. chookhen602020 Win User

I just had this happen to me too - did 8 hours today, confirmed the game time and % had updated on main menu before closing. The game did stall on close and went not responding, now I reload and my progress for the whole day is gone??? This is unacceptable,
    please advise if I should ignore reloading the save - if the developers fix, will the progress be returned??

I have saved several times before today with no issues, so this is very frustrating/disappointing!!

UPDATE: I played again this morning, saving and completely exiting the game often so that I could be sure it had actually saved. Note that this time the game exited cleanly and did not stall. It let me down again, this time losing about 45 minutes worth
    of progress in the Mouldwood Depths (completion around 55-60%) - I also lost this progress yesterday, not sure if this is coincidence, or the bug is something to do with that area (in that 45 mins, I finished the area and beat that area's boss). I guess I'll
    just not be able to play it until a fix is released - better hurry Microsoft, I only subscribed to game pass for this game, and don't intend to keep paying my sub waiting for this to be resolved!
  6. MPinkster Win User

Way to ruin a perfectly good game.

This just happened to me. I lost 5hrs of game play. Totally unacceptable. But in this day and age of rush it out before it's complete, it's par for the course. I know... "we'll just fix it with an update"... problem is, this isn't even a gameplay glitch
    it's a game saving/loading error somewhere and this should NEVER happen. I don't even want to play the game anymore in fear of more wasted time... urgh so frustrating.
Thema:

1. Ori: Will of the Wisps - Game Save Disappearing Repeatedly - Similar Threads - Ori Wisps Game

2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps not updating: I purchased Ori and the Will of the Wisps before launch and my wife was super excited. She breezed through the game being a veteran Blind Forest player that had eagerly waited 4 years for the...
  3. Stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Baurs Reach

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuck in Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Baurs Reach: I have been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps for 9+ hours. I am at the "Baurs Reach" level and I am stuck inside of an ice "blob". The place where I'm stuck, on the map of Baurs Reach, is...
  4. Ori The Will of the Wisps - Backup files location

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori The Will of the Wisps - Backup files location: Hi all i have ended completly this game, and i wand to backup my backup game files it's a game bought in "Microsoft store" platform do you have the process ? thanks see you...
  5. problem entering a game Ori and the Will of the Wisps

in XBoX on Windows
    problem entering a game Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Hi .. I have a problem entering a game Ori and the Will of the Wisps when entering, the game remains on the Loading screen and never enters to start I have the same problem with two games too i...
  6. can't install Ori and the will of the wisps on xbox game pass pc

in XBoX on Windows
    can't install Ori and the will of the wisps on xbox game pass pc: i can't install ori and the will of the wisp. Always get a error message, code 0x80073cfc. I have a game pass pc account. Anyone having the same probem ? bfd711ce-3ef7-42d0-b049-5cdd7d0afd16
  7. Sea of thieves ori and the will of the wisps game pass redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves ori and the will of the wisps game pass redeem code: So when you go on game pass perks theres sea of thieves promotion where you can get ori and the will of wisps cosmetics but i redeemed mine but they only gave me 20 digits when you need 25 to...
  8. Ori and the will of the wisp for PC is a disgrace. Game breaking bug.

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori and the will of the wisp for PC is a disgrace. Game breaking bug.: This is by far the worst pc port i've played on game pass for PC, filled with bugs and no graphical settings to tweak. I have a bug in the silent forest area that prevents me to continue. I took...
  9. ORI and the will of the wisps save game gone??

in XBoX on Windows
    ORI and the will of the wisps save game gone??: Unfortunately i cant Play Ori and the blind forest on xbox game pass (on PC). On the save games screen the Input devices are frozen so i cant choose a save games file. Apart from that it Looks...
  10. Ori and the will of the wisps game not installing fully

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ori and the will of the wisps game not installing fully: I was playing ori and the will of the wisps when i got stuck at a point after a bit of trying to figure out what to do i found out that my xbox 1 only installed 4 of the 10.19 gb game i tried...