Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360

Discus and support Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Recently I bought a copy of the Xbox version of DooM 3 (not the BFG edition for the 360), and tried to play it on my X360E as it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mate-93, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Mate-93
    Mate-93 Guest

Hi everyone!

Recently I bought a copy of the Xbox version of DooM 3 (not the BFG edition for the 360), and tried to play it on my X360E as it is officially backwards compatible. However, I am unable to play it, because after the Xbox logo there is only a black screen
    followed by traces of sound coming out of my speaker, as it is trying to play the id or Activision logo in the intro, but it is crashed. And the only way out is powering off the console. I have tried everything from reinstalling the BC update to reformatting
    my HDD but the result is the same. The game is brand new/sealed copy, so it is not the problem with the disc.

Has anyone else encountered the same, or similar issues with the same title?

:)

Mate-93, Mar 25, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Mate!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with difficulty trying to play Doom 3.

I would say that if you keep having this problem happen consistently, then it would probably be best for you to try the steps outlined in our

360 Screen Freeze Solution
    when this happens. If that doesn't help out, then you might want to try rolling back your console's updates, a maintenance process outlined under
    Solution 7 of
    Troubleshoot problems with an update to your Xbox 360 console

When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Mate-93 Win User

Hi guys!

Thank you the help so far, but I'm affraid you are misunderstanding my problem.

As I mentioned before, the problem is with a physical copy not a Digital (Doom3 never ever released digitally, as I know). The Backward Compatibility on Xbox 360 is Independent from Xbox LIVE (XBL is only required to download the Copmatibility Update for
    the first time I launch a game, but correct me if I'm wrong).

Regardless of this, I tried finding a solution posted in the first link. Steps 1-7 skipped automatically, because as I mentioned before, it is not a Digital copy. From Step 5 I tried clearing the System Cache, but didn't help.

On Step 8 if I remove the HDD then a notification pops up, that the latest System update is available. But there is not enough space on the built in Flash memory to download the update and I can't sign in until the update is downloaded.

TL;DR: Here is a video to clarify the issue (I put in Doom 3 at the second half of the video):

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AooohIEkG3rR2UT1NDSoOjDTuhMg
  4. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Mate 93,

Thank you for responding. Have you been able to play other original Xbox games? Even if the disc was a sealed copy, there is a possibility of it being the reason behind this. If you are unable to play any OG Xbox games, there may be something going on with
    the console's connection to your network or it's firmware. Hope to hear back form you soon. :D
  5. Mate-93 Win User

Hi!

I tried with Full Spectrum Warrior, and (as seen on the video) runs perfectly. Yesterday I received a copy of Jade Empire, and it is also running perfectly. BTW, I checked the network connectivity, my console can connect to LIVE, but there is a service alert,
    I have no idea what it is, since the Live Status website says everything works fine. My console is running from WiFi, I assigned a fix IP Address for it with all necessary ports open.

[​IMG]
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Thema:

1. Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Original Doom crashes

2. Divinity Original Sin 2 Sir Lora dlc is still not allowing it to be purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Divinity Original Sin 2 Sir Lora dlc is still not allowing it to be purchased: So I have the money for it however it gives an error each time and says try again later no amount of restarting the console fixes it and ive been trying to buy it for over a month this issue has...
  3. Original Xbox game not working on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game not working on 360: I just bought need for speed underground for original Xbox and doesn't work on Xbox 360 but spiderman 2002 works Why's that? :/ 6cd65edb-81db-4bbc-8929-5037c693fc81
  4. need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games: need to attach an xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games????!!! e42cd924-b184-47fe-825d-cddd75f27301
  5. Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.: How do I get my Xbox to download Overwatch origins full game instead of the trial? I cannot play the standard game and because I downloaded the trial the store says ready to install instead of...
  6. Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Game Won't Start in Xbox 360: Hello all, So let me start off saying that I enjoy playing xbox games both original (nostalgia) and xbox 360. So I looked up seeing what original xbox games are compatible to play on the XBOX 360...
  7. Doom texture pop on original Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom texture pop on original Xbox One: So I just bought Doom 2016 to play on my original Xbox One and the texture pop at the start of levels and during levels makes it so unappealing it's unplayable. Does anyone know if this issue...
  8. 2Wire: Doom 3 Xbox original?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Doom 3 Xbox original?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Doom 3 Xbox original? Doom 3 Xbox original isn't even on the store, doom 3 bfg is but not the original copy. I thought they were working on xbox original games?...
  9. Original Doom download code removed

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Original Doom download code removed: Hi, After buying the new Doom, I got a message with the download codes for Doom and Doom II. I removed the message by mistake before I redeemed it. I opened a chat session with Xbox Support and...
  10. Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes.: Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes. Please help. 04503f96-84d3-4151-807f-7ac5991bf016