Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360

Discus and support Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Recently I bought a copy of the Xbox version of DooM 3 (not the BFG edition for the 360), and tried to play it on my X360E as it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mate-93, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Mate-93
    Mate-93 Guest

Hi everyone!

Recently I bought a copy of the Xbox version of DooM 3 (not the BFG edition for the 360), and tried to play it on my X360E as it is officially backwards compatible. However, I am unable to play it, because after the Xbox logo there is only a black screen
    followed by traces of sound coming out of my speaker, as it is trying to play the id or Activision logo in the intro, but it is crashed. And the only way out is powering off the console. I have tried everything from reinstalling the BC update to reformatting
    my HDD but the result is the same. The game is brand new/sealed copy, so it is not the problem with the disc.

Has anyone else encountered the same, or similar issues with the same title?

:)

Mate-93, Mar 25, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

3. Xemness Win User

Make sure you're connected to Xbox Live and that the servers are up and running. Finally make sure that owner has his license updated on your console.
  4. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

MP is DYING!!

[quote user="Back Lot Basher"]

I haven't really followed the news about Doom on 360, but I played a ton of Doom on PC and the old Xbox. What's the story on the new one? Is it a completly new game?

[/quote]

Its the ported version of Doom 3 that was on the original xbox. It already had a co-op campaign on the xbox over live so this should be a fairly easy port. The 360 version of Doom 3 also comes with Doom 1 and Doom 2. Plus the Doom 3 expansions. All for
    $39.99. One heck of a deal IMO. Doom 3 BFG edition.
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/doom-3-bfg-edition/103102
    Oh and it can also be played in 3d. I didnt know that. I can put my 3d tv to use. :)
  5. OCRyzen Win User

No longer own DOOM!!

If You Can Find, The Limited Collectors Edition of DOOM 3 for Original Xbox... You Get A Bonus Disc With Ulltimate Doom & Doom 2 On It etc..

The New Doom 4 Is Going Back To The Original Dooms Gameplay Apparently... Kids Were Too Scared Of Doom 3 Horror...
  6. YellowJacket LE Win User

History repeating itself?

Don't know if this counts as i never have bought the same game over but i purchased the Doom 3 Collectors Edition original XBOX game and when the Doom 3 BFG Edition 360 remake released i had to pick that up as well.
Thema:

1. Original Doom 3 crashes on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Original Doom crashes

2. Focus more on backward compatibility for original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Focus more on backward compatibility for original Xbox games: Since the Xbox One has over 500 Xbox 360 games as part of the backward compatibility program. I think that for 2019, Microsoft should focus less on Xbox 360 games and more on original Xbox games...
  3. it does not read me the original disk that I do to solve it

in XBoX on Consoles
    it does not read me the original disk that I do to solve it: it does not read me the original disk that I do to solve it. Cleaning it does not work. what I do? ebc63ecd-0b26-411b-8804-d375bae4ff7a
  4. Xbox One Original will not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original will not turn on: Just yesterday I started having this issue where whenever I try to turn on my xbox it will make the sound like it is turning on and then about 10-15 seconds later it will shut off without even...
  5. Error when attempting to buy Sir Lora DLC (Divinity: Original Sin 2)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when attempting to buy Sir Lora DLC (Divinity: Original Sin 2): Hello there! I've been trying to purchase this DLC for days now, but a "Try that again" error pops up every time I do so. Is this DLC discontinued or just broken in the store? I don't know if this...
  6. Can I restore my purchases on Minecraft if I originally bought it on PE and now on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I restore my purchases on Minecraft if I originally bought it on PE and now on Windows 10?: Ive had pocket edition for a while, i had spent a bit of money on it. Recently my friend got me minecraft W10 edition and i wasnt able to restore my purchases. So i want to know if i can restore...
  7. Doom texture pop on original Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom texture pop on original Xbox One: So I just bought Doom 2016 to play on my original Xbox One and the texture pop at the start of levels and during levels makes it so unappealing it's unplayable. Does anyone know if this issue...
  8. 2Wire: Doom 3 Xbox original?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Doom 3 Xbox original?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Doom 3 Xbox original? Doom 3 Xbox original isn't even on the store, doom 3 bfg is but not the original copy. I thought they were working on xbox original games?...
  9. Original Doom download code removed

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Original Doom download code removed: Hi, After buying the new Doom, I got a message with the download codes for Doom and Doom II. I removed the message by mistake before I redeemed it. I opened a chat session with Xbox Support and...
  10. Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes.: Doom digital copy pre-ordered. Haven't yet received original doom or doom 2 download codes. Please help. 04503f96-84d3-4151-807f-7ac5991bf016