Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away

Discus and support Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a white Original Xbox 360 Console that works fine with my Xbox 360 wireless controller. I recently purchased an Xbox 360 E Console. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joshpretzel6462, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away

Hello,

I have a white Original Xbox 360 Console that works fine with my Xbox 360 wireless controller. I recently purchased an Xbox 360 E Console. The 360 E console does works with the Xbox 360 wireless controller, my Dish 20.1 IR universal remote, and my RCA RCR314WR
    universal Remote.

My original Xbox 360 console does not work with the Dish remote and RCA remote, listed above, except for 1 case. The Dish remote and RCA remote Do work with original Xbox 360 console only when the remote is position within about 3 inches of (and directly
    in front of) the black sensor (I assume it is the sensor) on the front of the original Xbox 360 console. If I move the remote more than 3 inches away from the console sensor, or I move the remote up, down, left, or right, the remote does not work.

When I say the remotes work with the console, I mean that I can power the Xbox console on and off, as well as switch between screens using the remotes.

Codes I have programmed into my remotes: Dish - 576; RCA - 32083

I tried placing the original console next to the 360 E console (unplugged the 360 E console) to see if it was the room and I got the same results.

Has anyone heard of this issue before with the original Xbox 360 console and universal remotes?

:)

joshpretzel6462, Feb 20, 2016
  2. Universal Remote not workng

I have a original (white) 60 gb xbox 360. I, also, have the original universal remote (white). It is not working. it will not turn on/off, open the tray etc of the xbox. It does turn off my tv and change channels but not nothing for the xbox.
    I installed the software update. I,also, got an kinect. What do I need to do to have the remote work again? I have changed the batteries.

GoodFearlesss, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Sedatives
    Sedatives Guest
    Media Remote

Additional - This is the original white universal media remote, not the newer black one.

Sedatives, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Sedatives Win User

Media Remote

Additional - This is the original white universal media remote, not the newer black one.
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Universal media remote (original white one) does not work with new style 360

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

If the buttons are not working for your remote, please follow these steps below.

• Check for interference. Remove any objects that may block the infrared port on the remote or on the console. This includes metallic or metallic-painted faceplates on the console.
    • If the infrared port on the faceplate is damaged, replace the faceplate.
    • Put new batteries in the remote control to determine whether the behavior is caused by weak batteries. Remove the batteries from the remote control, press each button two times, and then replace the batteries.
    More information on your issue:

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

How to troubleshoot your Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
  6. voteDC Win User

Do I need special equipment to play movie DVDs on my XBOX 360?

You just put the DVD into the disc tray and press play on the remote or the A button on a controller.

-

There is no need for a separate infra-red receiver for the remote to work on the 360.

-

Are you sure the stuff you've bought is for the 360 and not the original Xbox? This is for the original Xbox http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Movie-Playback-Controller-Xbox/dp/B0000CFYI8.

This is all you need for the 360 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Un..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325884781&sr=1-2 and
    not even then as DVD playback can be used with the controller.
  7. Sophomaniac Win User

My universal media remote (Original)

If it had been working on your Xbox before, make sure there is a line of sight path between you and the 360. Unlike the controllers the universal remote uses an infrared signal. If you never used this remote on the 360 make sure the settings are correct.

Settings>System>Console Settings>Remote Control. I would choose 360 Media Remote, and then try it out then change the setting back to both remotes once you know it works.

Of course make sure you have fresh batteries...
  8. Misery Engine Win User

How do you control Xbox One with a Universal Remote?

You need a universal remote which has the codes specifically for Xbox One. So far only Logitech Harmony remotes do.
Thema:

Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away

1. Original Xbox 360 Console (white) will not work with Universal Remote from far away - Similar Threads - Original 360 Console

2. Original Xbox Games purchased on Xbox One don't show as owned on 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Games purchased on Xbox One don't show as owned on 360 console.: Here's the issue. I purchased 7 Original Xbox games thru my Xbox One back in October. All of them downloaded and played just fine. Now, I also have my old Xbox 360 set up in another room and I...
  3. Can I use an Xbox One or 360 controller on an older model original Xbox console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an Xbox One or 360 controller on an older model original Xbox console?: I have an original Xbox but the controller connecting wire is broken. Can I use the later Xbox One or Xbox 360 controllers on it? I am asking because it is very difficult to find an original Xbox...
  4. Can Not Get Original Xbox Game Working on 360 Console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Not Get Original Xbox Game Working on 360 Console: I have read this forum and done all the steps but no luck :( Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. The game is Dungeons and Dragons Heroes. It is a new disc. I am not sure the exact console I...
  5. Playing original Xbox discs on a 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing original Xbox discs on a 360 console: When the 360 came out i was able to download a program from the Xbox website that made it possible for me to play original Xbox discs on my Xbox 360 and i wanted to know if that was still...
  6. Playing xbox original games on console banned xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing xbox original games on console banned xbox 360: Hello I keep getting an error message when I want to play a xbox original game on my 360 it says an update may be required to play this game. The game is the sims 2 and it is compatible with the...
  7. I have an original Xbox 360 console I have a activation code, what do I have to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original Xbox 360 console I have a activation code, what do I have to do?: I have an original Xbox 360 console I have a activation code, what do I have to do? I am being informed because of its age it is no longer covered! Need help... 7eb02e73-0ce0-4883-9d0e-7baa9c70a756
  8. Support Xbox 360 original consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Support Xbox 360 original consoles: It seem Microsoft poorly support the older 360 console but not supporting it. Microsoft made a defective system and ending its support only makes it worse. Consumers who spend a lot of money on...
  9. Xbox 360 original console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 original console: I was thinking of buying a refurbished Xbox original off of GameStop but I've been hearing that soon u won't b able to update and play games on live on these consoles only elite and slim consoles...
  10. Can not play original xbox games on my xbox 360 console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not play original xbox games on my xbox 360 console: I just got a larger hard drive for my xbox 360. It's a 250 gb hhd. I did not transfer my old data from my hard drive to the new one. I put in on and i am unable to play any original xbox games....