Original Xbox 360 power supply issues?

Discus and support Original Xbox 360 power supply issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After a almost a year of inactivity I attempted to boot up my 360, only for it to refuse to start. I've tried getting help off of this website itself,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChalkLobster, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ChalkLobster
    ChalkLobster Guest

After a almost a year of inactivity I attempted to boot up my 360, only for it to refuse to start. I've tried getting help off of this website itself, but I can't find a path for this particular problem.

Basically, I plug in my xbox 360, and everything appears normal. Power supply light is solid orange, everything. But as soon as I try to turn the console on, it beeps loudly and the light turns red. After that, it won't respond at all until I unplug everything
    and plug it all back in. Then it just repeats the process. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've been taking good care of the console and the power supply for a number of years, and it would be a real bummer if it up and died for no reason. Neither is it financially responsible for me to buy a new console or power supply. Am I just out of luck,
    or is there anything I can do? I've tried almost every outlet in my house, I've tried letting it sit and cool down, and I've made quadruply sure the connections are all solid.

:)

ChalkLobster, Oct 29, 2019
  2. gds1972 Win User

Using 220v xbox 360 slim in Canada

3. snkly Win User

X Box 360 Slim Power supply

The power supplies used by the original Xbox 360 consoles are not compatible with the Xbox 360 S console. The Xbox 360 S console uses only a 135-watt power supply.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

12 volt 16.5 amp power supply with a 12 volt 12.1 amp console.

[quote user="Dragonball Z"]I am under the assumption that this combination would supply the xbox with too much power and be potentially harmful to the system?[/quote]That's unfortunate, though it's good that you asked.
    Is this correct?
    No, this
    is incorrect.

The power rating on a power supply is an indication of how much power it can supply, not an indication of how much power it will deliver.

Original XBOX 360 console power supplies are forward-compatible. The original 203w power supply can power the final generation of Jasper consoles.

Original XBOX 360 console power supplies and original 360 power input ports are also keyed to prevent incorrect insertion. You cannot physically connect incompatible power supplies and consoles. A 203w Xenon console power brick will attach to a Jasper console.
    A 150w Jasper power brick will not attach to a Xenon console.
  5. KcB1337 Win User

Using 220v xbox 360 slim in Canada

Hi

You will need to obtain a new power supply for your Xbox 360 but this power supply will be different to the one used on the original Xbox 360.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/power-supply
    Hello and thank you for your answer.

Noob question - power supply = the brick?

Sorry I'm more of a PC gamer and a PSU for me is inside :p
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Can a xbox using 150w power supply use a 175w power supply?

Original 360 console power supplies are forward compatible. 203w, 175w, and 150w power supplies can be used with 150w consoles.
Thema:

1. Original Xbox 360 power supply issues? - Similar Threads - Original 360 power

2. Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?

in XboX Insiders
    Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?: I love the new streaming feature, it’s awesome! But at the moment it’s only limited to Xbox one games. I’m just wondering if in the future we’ll be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games...
  3. Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 S not playing original xbox game: i ordered spongebob battle for bikini bottom and when i put it into the console it said the game is not supported on my console. is there a compatibility problem with the s? I've installed the...
  4. Xbox 360 & One original packing materials

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 & One original packing materials: Good morning! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know what the material is called that new consoles are wrapped in, inside the box? The semi white nylon type protector...
  5. Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Sphinx an original Xbox game on the 360: got a 250 GB hard drive 360 slim the Sphinx game downloaded and played the first time now its having problems cost 14 dollars having issues with it now wont download at all tried everything...
  6. Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light: Sorry I originally put this in the Ireland topic but I don't think it will get answered there. I gave my brother my original white xbox 360 a couple of years ago as I bought a slim and wanted...
  7. Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light: I gave my brother my original white xbox 360 a couple of years ago as I bought a slim and wanted to see my old 360 being used rather than broke in a box. I actually had it repaired before I...
  8. Original Xbox 360 Power replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Power replacement: Hi I need to replace the power brick on my Xbox 360. It is the original version from Canada. The problem I now live in Australia. So going from 110v to 240v. Previously used a power...
  9. Where to buy original power adapter for Xbox 360 S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to buy original power adapter for Xbox 360 S?: Hi, Apologies for posting this silly question here. I could not find power adapter for Xbox 360 S anywhere on the store. I tried contacting support via chat/call and the form on that page was...
  10. Is it safe to use an Xbox 360 Original AC Cord in a Xbox 360 S Power Brick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to use an Xbox 360 Original AC Cord in a Xbox 360 S Power Brick?: I just bought a used Xbox 360 S 250GB, but it does not have the AC cord to go with the Power Brick. Is it possible to use my old AC cord with the three prongs as a temporary solution until I get a...