Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

Discus and support Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's been plugged in the entire time. (my neighbour is a 70odd year
    old with no ability to play games due to a stroke so it can't be him turning it on by accident with a synced controller). out of nowhere the xbox 360 at 6am turned itself on and continously opened and closed the tray, the wife unplugged it and left it in the
    middle of the room, at 11am ish I plugged it back in with no issues following.... That was until 7.30 pm the same day it repeats exactly the same! Why after all these years does it randomly turn on and freak out?!

No ghost jokes please....

:)

DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Happy671
    Happy671 Guest
    Xbox disc tray will open and close by itself

First when my Xbox is off it will turn on by itself and the dics tray will open and close and it will stay on. Second, when I'm trying to play my Forza 4 the Xbox power icon will blink and the tray will open then reset my Xbox. Third disc tray will open
    and close by itself constantly. PLEASE HELP OR DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE!

Happy671, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

>Playing Lost Odyssey

>Please insert Disc 2

>Inserts Disc 2

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Turn off console

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Unplug console

>Disc tray remains closed

>Plug console in

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens

>Push tray in manually

REPEAT FOREVER AND EVER

Basically, the xbox is ALWAYS in a state of opening the disc tray. As soon as the tray finishes closing, the xbox opens it again. It will never even begin to try and read the disc that you slip in.

I got this xbox on black Friday last year.

I'm in Korea right now so I'm not shipping the stupid thing back.

No *** answers please, I don't have time for them. A *** answer would be something like "check the grounding" or "clean the touch sensor."

ImVictorHoffman, Nov 18, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out with this situation to us here on the forums. I understand your console is suddenly and unexpectedly turning itself on and ejecting the disc tray on its own is that correct? Is there any way that a controller of some kind may be being
    used to turn it on? It could be malfunctioning in the buttons on the face of the console as well.

Xbox 360 console turns off unexpectedly

Hope this helps

XBF George L, Nov 18, 2018
  5. I don't have a controller for it anymore as it was damaged and disposed of during the house move 2 years ago, it's been unused but plugged in for atleast 2 years but I was looking to get some controllers to start using it again for nostalgic halo playing.
    It was completely random, it isn't connected via a network either as I never switched it on to connect it

DandelionBill, Nov 18, 2018
  6. Hey there DandelionBill!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue what with the console acting weird like that when you connect it.

To be honest, that behavior sounds super weird and may be due to a hardware issue. However, if it isn't, maybe a rollback to the newest console update might help resolve this problem. When you get a controller, if the console continues acting peculiar, then
    try maybe following Solution 7 on our support page entitled
    How to get a new Xbox 360 update

When and if you get a chance, give that step a shot and let us know if that helped in resolving what's going on with the console.

Much thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray - Similar Threads - Original 360 Turns

2. How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download the Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that comes with the gold every month?: I tried to download this month free 360 game (the Lara Croft one) trough the Xbox One store but there was no option, only "see the price". Then I went on the Xbox website but there I could only...
  3. Xbox Original Game won't play on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Original Game won't play on 360: I bought the hard drive. Did the update. But the game still won't work. I checked the 360 list to make sure it was listed as games able to be played and it is. 442e253d-bd3e-4130-a4ec-7811a0b12eea
  4. 360 original games and payments

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 original games and payments: Hello this is my first and only xbox console I ever owned the Xbox account came from the old and now defunct games for windows live service. So the problem I have here is that I want to get conker...
  5. Unlink my brothers Xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unlink my brothers Xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account.: Hello can I get some help with unlinking my brothers xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account? I contacted EA Support and they said this is the only way to do this. Please help!...
  6. Original xbox 360 arcade

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 360 arcade: I'd like to start off by thanking you for 10 years of gaming fun. I got this Xbox 360 arcade back in 2008 as a Christmas gift back when i was in high school. It has stuck with me trough 4 moves...
  7. Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Battle Front II Market Place Dowloaded Game File: Xbox 360 failed to download: Bought this game from Microsofts marketplace a few days ago on my Xbox 360. I have communicated to at least 5 support staff. They have had me factory reset the device. Delete OS update reinstall...
  8. Original Star Wars battlefront 2 still fails to download to my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Star Wars battlefront 2 still fails to download to my Xbox 360: Well it's. Been 1 month now ... still ll fails to download after 80% i don't want to have to fork out $60 for a physical copy as the digital version is just $15 i can't believe how bad the...
  9. Still unable to download original Star Wars battlefront 2 to my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still unable to download original Star Wars battlefront 2 to my Xbox 360: It's been 3 weeks since I have had this problem.... I've tried everything still ll I get the same results . After 80% error says Star Wars battlefront 2 could not be downloaded serious...
  10. Original xbox 360 won't turn one after having a solid red button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 360 won't turn one after having a solid red button: i was having problems connecting to xbox live but then all of a sudden the screen turns black and my power button turns solid red. I unplugged everything waited then pulged it all back up. And now...