Original Xbox One not turning on

Discus and support Original Xbox One not turning on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One will not turn on. The Xbox makes a low volume version of the start up chime and sometimes it cuts off the chime. I have had this issue for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VolatileClock83, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Original Xbox One not turning on

My Xbox One will not turn on. The Xbox makes a low volume version of the start up chime and sometimes it cuts off the chime. I have had this issue for awhile but unplugging all the USB ports fixed the problem, however that doesn't work anymore. Now it
    will not turn on at all. Another thing is that while this issue was happening the USB ports have been acting funny. My external hard drive would be getting power and all the games would show up as being downloaded but if I went to select a game it would
    say that the game could not start. It also affected my charging cable for my rechargeable battery pack and if had it in my controller it would not fully charge it or it would turn of my controller randomly. I believe the problem to be my USB ports or maybe
    something with the power brick but the power brick acts like it normally would so I have no idea what the problem could be.

:)

VolatileClock83, Aug 14, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Xbox One (Original) not turning on

If letting the brick cool down for 10 minutes worked last time then the possible culprit may be the brick itself. If you have a friend nearby who has an xbox one console then see if you can use his brick on your console to see if it works. If it does then
    you'll need to replace your brick. If it does not then you'll need to send the console in for repairs.
  3. XBF George L Win User

Xbox One Original is not turning on

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. I understand your console is no longer booting up is that correct? Please review this support article and try some of the steps listed withing:

Your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One console won't turn on

You can also plug the console into a different outlet and see if that helps.

Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  4. jp77tank Win User

If the light on the power supply block is orange not blue/white unplug from the wall and wait for the light to die and plug back in. Sometimes with all the unplugging it reads a power failure and wont power back up.
  5. DanMen334 Win User

The problem may be the power supply, or any cable that is connected to it, I would recommend not to continue turning on since your console can burn
  6. Sir Lancealot83 Win User

I’ve had this issue happen a few times myself. There is some troubleshooting your Xbox one’s power supply steps you can look at to
    see if any of these will shed light on your problem. For me occasionally when i push the power button my xbox is unresponsive. I unplug it for a good 30 seconds, plug it back in and it’s back to normal. Maybe give it a try if you haven’t already. Hope something
    here helps ya.
Thema:

1. Original Xbox One not turning on - Similar Threads - Original turning

2. Xbox one original do not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one original do not turn on: I was doing the set up of my Xbox one after resetting my console, in the middle of the process, the power went off and the console switch off. Now im not able to turn on the console....
  3. Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Power Brick Light Turns Off When Plugged Into Console: Was playing and then my xbox just turned off without me touching the console or power supply. The power supply light is orange when plugged into the wall, but when I plug it into the console it...
  4. my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off.: after playing disc game for a few minutes, my original xbox one gets warm over fan and both console and power brick turns off. I have to unplug it, and wait a few minutes and it works fine...
  5. My original xbox one had a E200 issue now it won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My original xbox one had a E200 issue now it won’t turn on: My xbox one had a faulty brick and I replaced it, next day I had an E200 error ending in 000000000 and it told me to reset the xbox and so I did but in the middle of the reset it turned off and...
  6. Xbox One Original will not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original will not turn on: Just yesterday I started having this issue where whenever I try to turn on my xbox it will make the sound like it is turning on and then about 10-15 seconds later it will shut off without even...
  7. Original xbox one wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox one wont turn on: Just started the other day. Power supply lights up orange, then when plugged into console the light turns off and theres no power. Is this power supply issue or console? any help?...
  8. Xbox One Original wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Original wont turn on: Hi -- when I turn the console on, the noise turns on and after about 5 seconds it just turns off (nothing comes on the screen). There was no damage and nothing different happening. Guidance?...
  9. Xbox One (original) Turning off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One (original) Turning off: Hello recently downloaded star wars battle front 2 for xbox one. Everytime i go to continue the campain from the mission “discoveries” where you can play as kylo ren the game starts to play a...
  10. Resident evil origins (Zero) apaga consola[Resident evil origins (Zero) turn off console]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident evil origins (Zero) apaga consola[Resident evil origins (Zero) turn off console]: Recientemente inicie con el juego de re 0 el detalle es que al iniciar una cinemática el juego se crashea y se apaga la consola, el juego es en versión fisica y la consola es la xbox one x...