Original Xbox one, Xbox 360 discs won’t read but Xbox one discs do fine.

Discus and support Original Xbox one, Xbox 360 discs won’t read but Xbox one discs do fine. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok so I have the original Xbox one and whenever I try and put an 360 disc in and it won’t read. It’s fine with the one discs but it makes like an error... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/soosisdank, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Original Xbox one, Xbox 360 discs won’t read but Xbox one discs do fine.

Ok so I have the original Xbox one and whenever I try and put an 360 disc in and it won’t read. It’s fine with the one discs but it makes like an error sound in the Xbox when I put in a 360 disc. I don’t know what to do so someone please help if they can?

submitted by /u/soosisdank
    [link] [comments]

/u/soosisdank, Sep 18, 2022
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360

Hi there,

By the looks of it the Xbox 360 disc drive may be going bad based on the testing you have done. If it works on the Xbox One I don't see how it would be a disc issue.

What do you mean by "regular" 360 discs that are detected fine by the 360?

Either way if the same disc is read by the Xbox One then I believe the issue lies with the disc drive in the Xbox 360.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  4. OptimalBasilisk Win User

Backwards compatibility

Nope, nothing. It just sits there and does absolutely nothing at all. Every xbox one disc reads absolutely fine, but every single 360 disc will not read, or even attempt to read.........
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  6. Teegster2551 Win User

Xbox 360 to Xbox One Disc Problems

I've noticed that it is just immediately after playing an Xbox 360 disc. Once I put in an Xbox One disc it sounds like the disc is being read but it just stops trying (if you understand). Xbox one discs themselves work just fine but not after 360 discs.
    I just checked out the disc troubleshooting and I will try out those fixes. I'll keep posted
Thema:

Original Xbox one, Xbox 360 discs won’t read but Xbox one discs do fine.

1. Original Xbox one, Xbox 360 discs won’t read but Xbox one discs do fine. - Similar Threads - Original 360 discs

2. What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?: Hello. I recently bought Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Original XBOX version) disk from Amazon. Since I do not own an original XBOX console, I really badly wanted to try it out on my XBOX 360 S. I...
  3. knights of the old republic xbox original games to xbox 360 patch files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    knights of the old republic xbox original games to xbox 360 patch files: im trying to play knights of the old republic Xbox disc on an Xbox 360 but it says it needs an update is there anyway to still get the patch files with the 360 servers being taken down?...
  4. Xbox One suddenly not able to read original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs! Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One suddenly not able to read original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs! Help!: Turned on my Xbox One today to play some original Xbox and Xbox 360 disc games and all of a sudden it's unable to read ANY of them. I have about 15 backwards compatible games I had previously...
  5. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray: OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's...
  6. Is internet required to install disc based Xbox original/360 games on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is internet required to install disc based Xbox original/360 games on Xbox one: I have been searching over the support forums and a few other places, and I cant seem to find a direct answer to my question If you have the disc for the game, do either Xbox original or Xbox 360...
  7. Playing original Xbox discs on a 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing original Xbox discs on a 360 console: When the 360 came out i was able to download a program from the Xbox website that made it possible for me to play original Xbox discs on my Xbox 360 and i wanted to know if that was still...
  8. MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION original xbox disc not supported yet on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION original xbox disc not supported yet on xbox 360: I have an original xbox disc of MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION but it is not on the list of xbox 360 supported games so i can not play it. Can you solve this problem please? Midnight Club fans will...
  9. Original Xbox game Jet Set Radio Future standalone and Combo disc Compatible with Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game Jet Set Radio Future standalone and Combo disc Compatible with Xbox 360?: I know it may be compatible but before I spend money on it, I'd like to know for sure if it's compatible. 344ead6a-8a65-497a-aaad-d62fca268c81
  10. Original 360 Not reading game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original 360 Not reading game discs: I know this has probably been approached before, but I could not find it, so forgive me ahead of time if someone has had a similar problem & the fix was posted. We have a three or four year old...