Out of sync audio with Bitstream/Dolby Digital

Discus and support Out of sync audio with Bitstream/Dolby Digital in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just bought a nice 5.1 setup to go alongside my Series X but the audio is incredibly out of sync when switching to Bitstream to use Dolby... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JWarna279, Aug 26, 2021.

1. /u/JWarna279
    /u/JWarna279 Guest

Hi all, I've just bought a nice 5.1 setup to go alongside my Series X but the audio is incredibly out of sync when switching to Bitstream to use Dolby Digital, I've heard it's even worse with Atmos. The funny thing is the sync issues are only on my Xbox, everything else is fine, including uncompressed stereo but why buy a 5.1 system to just use stereo.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried all the basic steps, complete factory reset etc and no luck, still out of sync. I've looked online and this seems to have been an issue for years and Microsoft have basically just ignored it.

Anyway if you've got a fix please let me know! I feel like I've wasted money on all of this now. Many thanks

GT Warna279

submitted by /u/JWarna279
    [link] [comments]

/u/JWarna279, Aug 26, 2021
  2. IceStorm III Win User

When is 5.1 surround coming to optical for headsets 2018?

Dolby Digital via Optical has been there for months. Under Settings, Display & Sound, set Optical Audio to Bitstream out and then set the Bitstream format to Dolby Digital.
  3. darren_scott Win User

Astro A40 Headset Game Sound stopped working

If you go to your Audio settings are they set up like this...HDMI audio(off)...Optical audio(Bitstream out)...Bitstream format(Dolby Digital)?
  4. RakkaDisciprine Win User

Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

You have to switch the optical audio output to "Bitstream" and then change the Bitstream output to "Dolby Digital".
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

It already is! Go to settings / audio and video set optical out to "Bitstream" and format to "Dolby Digital" and your done.
  6. travr1131 Win User

Xbox One to old Dolby ProLogic Analog Receiver--No Surround Sound

Disregard issue. It is fixed. For anyone having the same issue, here are the settings that gave me Surround Sound:

In Settings > Display & Sound > Digital Audio:

HDMI Audio > Bitstream Out

Optical Audio > Bitstream Out

Bitstream Format > Dolby Digital

This is output to my HDMI TV then connected via analog RCA cables from the TV output to the input of my Receiver which is set to Dolby ProLogic. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Thema:

1. Out of sync audio with Bitstream/Dolby Digital - Similar Threads - sync audio Bitstream

2. Audio output preference now being synced?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio output preference now being synced?: I have 2 systems on the alpha skip ahead, one a XsX and the other being a One S. They both use different settings for audio output but lately (and I can't say which build it started on) the audio...
  3. Dvr audio sync working for me now

in XboX Insiders
    Dvr audio sync working for me now: The Dvr audio sync problem I have complained so much about appears fixed for now. I want to say thank you! Unless it's just coincidence but it's stayed working for a few weeks now, unlike before....
  4. Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube App Out of Sync Issues (audio): I'm aware this has been an issue for a while now with the Xbox Series X/S where the audio on the YouTube app gradually gets out of sync with the visuals. Easy to temporarily fix by just pausing...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headphone in-game audio stutter, choppiness and de-sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headphone in-game audio stutter, choppiness and de-sync: Hi all, I'm having issue with the Xbox Wireless Headphone with my Xbox Series X where during in-game cut scene, the audio stutter and choppiness which will result in audio desync and finally my...
  6. Twitch app crashes when broadcasting and audio is out of sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch app crashes when broadcasting and audio is out of sync: I steam directly from my xbox one x to lightstream and then to Twitch via the Twitch app. In the last month, the app has kept crashing disrupting my streams, sometimes within seconds of starting...
  7. YouTube app audio out of sync after minutes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app audio out of sync after minutes: This issue has been reported MONTHS ago and nothing has been done yet to fix it, how is this even possible? I searched for a solution just now (for the fifth time) and can see posts made for Xbox...
  8. Series s youtube audio sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s youtube audio sync: Why does youtube go out of audio sync ever 4 - 5 mins? I have to pause and replay to get sync back. This was not an problem on my one s or nvidia shield. Is anyone aware of a fix? Thank you...
  9. Audio video out of Sync on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio video out of Sync on Xbox series s: While watching a video on youtube app, after a while the audio is ahead of the video and if I press stop and then play it gets synced but still happens again after a while. I am not sure the same...
  10. Audio not synced with the video on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio not synced with the video on Xbox series s: Audio and video not synced while seeing a video on youtube app. The same may happen while playing. Is there a solution for it? 7ff4ccc4-782d-4660-982c-9f2ac66d679f