Out of Warranty repair shipping options error?

Discus and support Out of Warranty repair shipping options error? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I just want to mention a possible error in the out of warranty shipping option descriptions. When setting up a console for repair, I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tescin, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Tescin
    Tescin Guest

Hello. I just want to mention a possible error in the out of warranty shipping option descriptions.

When setting up a console for repair, I was presented with four options. One of them was FedEx Office Store Drop Off - Expedited Shipping. In the description which followed that option, it reads: Available only at FedEx Office Stores: Take your device
    and service order number to a FedEx Office store. You'll be provided with a free box, packing material and an expedited shipping label. Find a FedEx Office Store.

Long story short, I chose that option for an extra $10.50 and paid. However, in the email confirmation I received, it said that I would need to either buy or provide a box and packing material. I contacted Microsoft chat, and they confirmed that a box
    and packing material is not included.

That's fine, if I have to buy a box and materials, I have no problem with that. However, if that is the case, the description really needs to be changed to reflect the policy, as that was the reason why I chose that shipping option. Had I known up front,
    I would likely have chosen a different option. I did find a few other people on the forums who seemed to have the same issue come up. Here is a link to the thread:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/f/2602/t/1636813.aspx

Again, not upset. It is what it is. I just wanted to point it out.

:)

Tescin, Feb 7, 2014
  2. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Several controllers need repairs

there are no repair options for the controllers / its replacement only

You'd have to setup a repair for each controller and pay for shipping for each controller and ship them individually.

And if they are out of warranty, then you're out of luck.

HAZMAT RADIO, Feb 7, 2014
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Can't connect to Xbox live

Howdy Aleph,

If you do decide to play again sometime, here's the information on pricing for repairs:

• Xbox 360 original console:

- In-warranty repair: Free

- Out-of-warranty repair:

• Submitted online: $99 plus tax
      • Submitted over the phone: $119 plus tax

• Xbox 360 E or Xbox 360 S console:

- In-warranty repair: Free

- Out-of-warranty repair:

• Submitted online: $79 plus tax
      • Submitted over the phone: $99 plus tax

• The average repair time is 14 to 21 days for customers in the United States, including shipping time to and from our service center.

• We pay for all Xbox 360 console shipping, including to and from our service center.

Cheers!

MisterFizzle, Feb 7, 2014
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Several controllers need repairs

there are no repair options for the controllers / its replacement only

You'd have to setup a repair for each controller and pay for shipping for each controller and ship them individually.

And if they are out of warranty, then you're out of luck.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What is technically "Modding" an Xbox 360?

Any unorthorised repair would be considered a 'mod' if it's found out. These repairs are in violation of the Xbox ToS. As for where the repair's are done, it doesn't matter. If your console is in warranty it will be repaired for free, they even cover
    the shipping costs. If it is out of warranty, the price you pay also covers the shipping costs. The shipping cost is not dependant on your location. I'm fom the UK and our machines are sent to Germany!
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one controller stops working

There are no repair options for controllers that are out of warranty.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Microphone not working

Unfortunately, it is out of warranty and there are no repair options for controllers out of warranty. It is best to continue using the adapter.
  8. MVMishra Win User

Customer Support/Authorized service centers for XBOX in India

What will happen if the repair issue arises after warranty? I have to pay the shipping bill and it would be almost the cost of the product itself, say, if I have to ship it from India to US for the repair after warranty.. isn't it?
Thema:

1. Out of Warranty repair shipping options error? - Similar Threads - Warranty repair shipping

2. Compensation for the gold account for the warranty repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compensation for the gold account for the warranty repair: Good afternoon. 12.04.19 bought xbox one x . 16.04.19 when you turn on the console started to give errors and did not turn on . Sent under warranty . But because of this I have had a period of...
  3. Xbox One X In Warranty, but only out-of-warranty repair option shown?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X In Warranty, but only out-of-warranty repair option shown?: Hi, I had an issue with Xbox One X tonight where it suddenly turned off and now won't turn back on, despite the usual troubleshooting, unplugging and waiting etc. Clearly it needs repaired. I...
  4. Xbox OneX Repair/Replace Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox OneX Repair/Replace Warranty: Hi guys. Does anyone have any experience sending their xbox in for repair/replace? I sent it in the 30 days grace period after warranty but wondering if i’ll get any warranty period on the...
  5. Warranty repair order/store question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty repair order/store question: I started an online repair order for a controller. And even though I habe to pay to ship it to microsoft it is still cheaper than a new one, since its under warranty. But I realized I will be...
  6. Xbox One Repair India ( Product out of warranty )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Repair India ( Product out of warranty ): Hi, My Xbox One is not working due to certain power fluctuation and the product is now out of warranty thus I am unable to create a repair form from the Support Xbox page. Can any one help me...
  7. Elite controller warranty repair/replacement - where/how/etc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller warranty repair/replacement - where/how/etc?: HI, There doesn't appear to be any way to register an elite controller for warranty repair!! my console (xbox one S) is "out of warranty", which is fine, but the elite I got only a month ago,...
  8. Elite controller repair w/ console xbox-x warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller repair w/ console xbox-x warranty: Hi, I got an xbox-x scorpio edition and I just realized the warranty came with an elite controller repair? I got an elite controller that is now experiencing stick drift. The left stick drifts...
  9. Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller well in warranty but website refusing repairs...: I'm unable to return an in warranty Xbox One controller for repair despite being well within the warranty period from date of purchase. I bought it on 27/06/18 and as of today (13/09/18) it's...
  10. No details on warranty repair, just status updates if in Service Center or Shipped.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No details on warranty repair, just status updates if in Service Center or Shipped.: Just posting a suggestion to the Xbox Support Team to include the resolution of the order. For example if it was repaired, replaced, or something different on the actions you take when servicing...