Outer Wilds now showing as “pre-ordered”

Discus and support Outer Wilds now showing as “pre-ordered” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been playing outer wilds for about a week, all of a sudden today it tells me, “You’re too early” and tells me to check for a release date on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wulfen Sturm, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Wulfen Sturm
    Wulfen Sturm Guest

I’ve been playing outer wilds for about a week, all of a sudden today it tells me, “You’re too early” and tells me to check for a release date on the xbox store. Its obviously already released. I checked my games and apps and its in pre-ordered status.

I have tried uninstalling the game and hard resetting my xbox. It appears to be a server side issue. Any help?

:)

Wulfen Sturm, Sep 28, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Sorry if you find the input irrelevant TO YOU, but it may be of use to those who ARE insiders- but just to point out, I did not state that the update fixed the issue, even if that's what you took from the statement. I said that after the update "...the issue
    seemed to have rectified itself..."

I can understand you assuming that I said the update fixed it, but that's not what I said.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Oddly enough, I got a system update, I'm an insider, but only on beta ring, too many updates were starting to annoy me... anyways after the update, the issue seems to have rectified itself. No too early warning, and no pre order issue either... odd
  4. EssCee UK Win User

Hi Wulfen Sturm

I also get this notification on my Xbox. I have Game Pass and have not pre-ordered it. I see they mention that it will only be released on the 25th of October 2019? Perhaps the reason for the “You’re too early” prompt?
    T3chnlgydude,

sounds like you are getting confused with ‘Outer Worlds’ (which will be released 25th Oct 2019) whereas the discussion here is about ‘Outer Wilds’ which was released 25th
    May 2019.

However, i’m wondering if someone responsible for the Store has made a batch update and cross linked the two entries in the database in error.

This would explain the “You’re too early”, which is the response from the backend store servers. No amount of factory resets, reinstalls etc can resolve this, its server side.

And yes, i have to problem also.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Wulfen Sturm

I also get this notification on my Xbox. I have Game Pass and have not pre-ordered it. I see they mention that it will only be released on the 25th of October 2019? Perhaps the reason for the “You’re too early” prompt?
  6. Pandy Yato Win User

The game works fine for me on one xbox and yet on the Xbox I have set as home, it shows it as a preorder but reinstalling it seemed to fix that issue for me.
Thema:

1. Outer Wilds now showing as “pre-ordered” - Similar Threads - Outer Wilds showing

2. Outer Wilds Mixpot

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Outer Wilds Mixpot: Last year I watched the E3 Conference on Mixer. I immediately recieved all Mixpot rewards except the Outer Wilds Pre-order. A couple days later on June 18th, I recieved a message from Xbox Live...
  3. Outer Wilds, not received.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Outer Wilds, not received.: Outer Wilds, not received. I saw the conference required in mixer and they have not given the game as promised. Who should I contact because I feel cheated. 4e1a943f-479e-4ce8-8ba2-64dcc5980df9
  4. Outer Wilds Mixpot

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Outer Wilds Mixpot: Help! Didn't received the Outer-Wilds-Mixpot from the E3 2018! Watched the whole show, but no Mixpot? fbcc07ca-036e-436d-b79a-ef2410274056
  5. Outer Wilds Launch Trailer - Release date is May 30th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outer Wilds Launch Trailer - Release date is May 30th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJUMMCJvGM&feature=youtu.be Release date is May 30th. This is the game that was given out as part of last year's Mix Pot for watching Microsoft's e3 conference...
  6. The Outer Wilds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Outer Wilds: So last year I watched E3 on mixer and was rewarded with the outer wilds pre order and recently I noticed that for some reason it has disappeared from all listings, and I basically want to protect...
  7. Not received Outer Wilds game for E3 Mixer.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not received Outer Wilds game for E3 Mixer.: I have still not received Outer Wilds game for E3 Mixer. I have gone back and forth between XBOX and Microsoft and they said to come here. a66ae48e-1940-4a37-aed1-244537437540
  8. Mixer outer wilds preorder noT sent

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Mixer outer wilds preorder noT sent: I just wanted to let you know I was at the e3 mixer stream and wasn’t sent a preorder copy of Outer wilds and I was just wondering if I could have one. If I can then please send it to...
  9. E3 MixPot / Outer Wilds preorder not received

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    E3 MixPot / Outer Wilds preorder not received: Hi, I was watching Microsoft's E3 on Mixer from the very beginning. I logged in about 30 minutes before the event started, my account has been linked for well over a year and there was nowhere...
  10. e3 mixpot, no Outer Wilds

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    e3 mixpot, no Outer Wilds: I got my e3 mixpots, I didn't get the HALO REQ or Outerwilds. I got Tera which doesn't seem to even be installable. Please help! 07116dff-8e08-4460-9a6f-f8843fc97573