output all sound to headphones

Discus and support output all sound to headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I believe that outputting all sound to headphones like on 360 is still not possible, is that true ? if it is possible please tell me how ?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DWINFROW, Mar 13, 2014.

1. DWINFROW
    DWINFROW Guest

I believe that outputting all sound to headphones like on 360 is still not possible, is that true ?

if it is possible please tell me how ?

Thanks

:)

DWINFROW, Mar 13, 2014
  2. HowMuch
    HowMuch Guest
    Game sound/chat works, Xbox One doesn't?

Hey,

Is the issue just when you just have headphones on all for normal speakers as well?

In the settings menu under Display & sound - Volume. Check what party chat output is set to.

Also in audio output double check the settings there.

HowMuch, Mar 13, 2014
  3. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    Xbox one connecting for my Monitor

There is a digital optical output (Toslink) on the Xbox One. You could use something like this to get sound out of a regular set of headphones.

Digital to analog audio converter

Gringo, Mar 13, 2014
  4. HowMuch Win User

Game sound/chat works, Xbox One doesn't?

Hey,

Is the issue just when you just have headphones on all for normal speakers as well?

In the settings menu under Display & sound - Volume. Check what party chat output is set to.

Also in audio output double check the settings there.
  5. tohellnbak Win User

Headsets ?

obviously all headphones will play sound through the connections.... and I am not saying the current ones are junk... I have an X41 myself... but the codecs for the XB1 are taken from Skype... different types of output and much clearer... all I am saying
    is the nexgen sets were designed and geared towards the nexgens output and connections...and chances are they will sound better and work better...
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox Slim still refusing to acknowledge headphones, both wireless and wired

The 360 is never "aware" of X41 headphones. The included USB power cable only provides power to the transmitter base.

The X41 headphones are plugged into either optical or analog audio out.

For mic support, there's a cable that goes from the headphones to the controller.

You'll get sound out of the TV if you don't turn the TV's speakers off. All audio outputs are active at all times on a 360.
  7. Cezar24 Win User

Xbox One and VGA

HDMI to DVI would be fine for video with the X1 but sound could be a problem. With no AV output, not sure how that would be split and ran to speakers/headphones.
  8. dazzlerazzle Win User

Xbox One and turtle beach

"I like to play games and watch movies with an Astro surround-sound headset, which decodes Dolby 5.1 audio from an optical input cable. However, the Xbox One is currently only able to output stereo and DTS Digital through its optical output. My headphone
    receiver can't read DTS Digital, so I have to output in stereo, and my surround headphones turn into regular old headphones. I've been asking Microsoft for the last week if they intend to add Dolby output to the optical audio port in the near future (it's
    an option for HDMI output), but haven't gotten a solid answer on whether a fix is coming."
Thema:

1. output all sound to headphones - Similar Threads - output sound headphones

2. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through: Hi, I think it's about time an option was added to the Bitsream format drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio instead of having to select between DTS Digital...
  3. Lacking dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lacking dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x: Hi Regarding the lack of a dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x. I would really love to be able to disable the live tv hdmi in in via menu and be able to reasign it as sound out. As i...
  4. Xbox headset not outputting sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not outputting sound.: Hello. Suddenly I have been having trouble with my Turtle Beach Recon 50x gaming headset And I was wondering if you could help. The sound comes out of my t.v. But it will not come out of my...
  5. Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos: Since the April Xbox One update, my Xbox will now only output sound in Dolby Atmos mode, even when the content I am watching does not support Dolby Atmos. Before the update, there would only be...
  6. Xbox headset not outputting sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not outputting sound.: Hello. Suddenly I have been having trouble with my Turtle Beach Recon 50x gaming headset And I was wondering if you could help. The sound comes out of my t.v. But it will not come out of my...
  7. Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will only output sound in Dolby Atmos: Since the April Xbox One update, my Xbox will now only output sound in Dolby Atmos mode, even when the content I am watching does not support Dolby Atmos. Before the update, there would only be...
  8. Xbox one X won’t output sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X won’t output sound: I was playing Halo 5 last night and when I was done I paused the game and turned the sound all the way down on my tv. When I came back the sound from my Xbox would no longer come out of my tv....
  9. No ATMOS sound output with Samsung HW-K850 and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    No ATMOS sound output with Samsung HW-K850 and Xbox One X: Hello, I just received my XBOX One X yesterday and attempted to set it up with my Samsung HW-K850 soundbar, which supports Dolby ATMOS. The XBOX is connected to the soundbar via HDMI (I've tried...
  10. Output all sound to headphones without mic (chat included)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Output all sound to headphones without mic (chat included): I am sure you cant (just checking) but can you out all sound including chat to headphonesconnected via optical out ? e358092f-9231-4794-a568-47a67fd44468