Overheating xbox

Discus and support Overheating xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox has been overheating all day and I now have a fan on the console and cups of ice on the power strip, when the xbox overheats, only the back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Vulcan24, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Mr Vulcan24
    Mr Vulcan24 Guest

Overheating xbox

My Xbox has been overheating all day and I now have a fan on the console and cups of ice on the power strip, when the xbox overheats, only the back portion is warm, I have the xbox placed on a speaker so all the vents are exposed. I place my power strip
    on games cases so it is elevated and the vents are exposed, I have blown dust out of all the vents and this is continuing and I do not want to buy a new console.

:)

Mr Vulcan24, Jun 4, 2014
  2. Tz Rezlus
    Tz Rezlus Guest
  3. Xbox One Fan Positions

Looking at where you have your xbox, you don't have anywhere near enough space at the top and certainly not enough on the sides! No wonder it's overheating! Eeeekk

I'm surprised your Sky box is also not overheating!!

Your sky box vents via the sides so it's venting straight into your Xbox One making it even hotter than it is!

fatal-infection, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Overheating xbox

Mr Vulcan24 hey there Overheating xbox :)

The Xbox 360 is designed to shut itself down to protect itself from becoming too hot. If you are not experiencing this, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The console will tell you if there are any issues via flashing lights or a shut down message.
    The below page should help you if this becomes reality.

Xbox 360 Console Turns Off Unexpectedly

On a side note, I would strongly advise against putting cups of ice anywhere near electrical equipment.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 5, 2014
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

XBOX ONE X -Turning off

Is possible your Xbox is overheating
  6. elvireweggeman Win User

Ac Adapter overheating

me xbox 360 is overheating
  7. Tz Rezlus Win User
  8. lighthouse777 Win User

Overheating Alerts

Xbox One will automatically adjust when overheating

www.joystiq.com/.../xbox-one-will-automatically-adjust-when-overheating

The Xbox One will automatically detect if it is overheating and will make adjustments to cool the system down, General Manager of Console Development Leo del Castillo told Gizmodo. As is common with some PCs, Castillo said the development team can "dial
    back the power of the box considerably," forcing the system into a low-power state to correct issues.
  9. AridLizard Win User

My XBox One is a lemon (I think)...

Thema:

Overheating xbox

1. Overheating xbox - Similar Threads - Overheating

2. Xbox One controller overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller overheating: Hello, how can a 60-80$ controller overheat that easy? Worked fine yesterday, then I went to buy some food, when I came back it was not responding and no light turns on. Im don't even use it...
  3. Overheating issue

in XboX Insiders
    Overheating issue: E football pes 2020 is causing my Xbox one x to overheat and shut down. I'm in the Xbox insiders program. submitted by /u/212Herm [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One X overheating issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X overheating issue: Hi there, I have the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition and I keep getting the over heat message. I have tried different methods to solve the issue but nothing seems to work. The methods I have tried is...
  5. Is my Xbox one overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Xbox one overheating?: So i turned on my Xbox and started to load a game, then it make a loud crackling sound and shut off. It has been feeling alil hotter than usual. Should I take it apart and try to clean it or what?...
  6. Overheating Message without any Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating Message without any Overheating: I am experiencing an issue where my Xbox shuts off during particular cut scenes of several different games end displays the overheating error even though the Xbox is physically very cool and has...
  7. Xbox One Overheating With Games Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Overheating With Games Only: Hi There, I have the original xbox one with the power brick. Recently it has started to turn off while playing any game within 15-20mins. It has no trouble playing Netflix all day. I have opened...
  8. Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating: Will it overheat if you leave your xbox one on to be afk on a game will it damage my console or how long does it take to overheat your xbox bd2eba87-eaf4-4c7e-8832-5977867fd39c
  9. TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating"

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating": I have had an issue with my xbox one x wherein it would shut down as soon as i play a game or watch Netflix. I looked into the issue and it seems it turns itself off when it begins to overheat. I...
  10. Controller smoking and overheating on charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller smoking and overheating on charge: Went to charge my controller last night, literally on had the cable in for seconds, smoke started coming out of the headset port and chat port, ive been on support and its out of warranty, anyone...