Overheating xbox

Discus and support Overheating xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox has been overheating all day and I now have a fan on the console and cups of ice on the power strip, when the xbox overheats, only the back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Vulcan24, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Mr Vulcan24
    Mr Vulcan24 Guest

Overheating xbox

My Xbox has been overheating all day and I now have a fan on the console and cups of ice on the power strip, when the xbox overheats, only the back portion is warm, I have the xbox placed on a speaker so all the vents are exposed. I place my power strip
    on games cases so it is elevated and the vents are exposed, I have blown dust out of all the vents and this is continuing and I do not want to buy a new console.

:)

Mr Vulcan24, Jun 4, 2014
  2. Tz Rezlus
    Tz Rezlus Guest
  3. Xbox One Fan Positions

Looking at where you have your xbox, you don't have anywhere near enough space at the top and certainly not enough on the sides! No wonder it's overheating! Eeeekk

I'm surprised your Sky box is also not overheating!!

Your sky box vents via the sides so it's venting straight into your Xbox One making it even hotter than it is!

fatal-infection, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Overheating xbox

Mr Vulcan24 hey there Overheating xbox :)

The Xbox 360 is designed to shut itself down to protect itself from becoming too hot. If you are not experiencing this, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The console will tell you if there are any issues via flashing lights or a shut down message.
    The below page should help you if this becomes reality.

Xbox 360 Console Turns Off Unexpectedly

On a side note, I would strongly advise against putting cups of ice anywhere near electrical equipment.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 5, 2014
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

XBOX ONE X -Turning off

Is possible your Xbox is overheating
  6. elvireweggeman Win User

Ac Adapter overheating

me xbox 360 is overheating
  7. Tz Rezlus Win User
  8. lighthouse777 Win User

Overheating Alerts

Xbox One will automatically adjust when overheating

www.joystiq.com/.../xbox-one-will-automatically-adjust-when-overheating

The Xbox One will automatically detect if it is overheating and will make adjustments to cool the system down, General Manager of Console Development Leo del Castillo told Gizmodo. As is common with some PCs, Castillo said the development team can "dial
    back the power of the box considerably," forcing the system into a low-power state to correct issues.
  9. AridLizard Win User

My XBox One is a lemon (I think)...

Thema:

Overheating xbox

1. Overheating xbox - Similar Threads - Overheating

2. Update on “Overheating Xbox”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update on “Overheating Xbox”: So as some may know my xbox one turns off when playing NBA 2k20, well it only turns off when active within the game. I can sit in “neighborhood” for hours on end it is when i actually start a...
  3. Xbox one X overheating on certain games. Perfect ventilation was going to try to follow...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X overheating on certain games. Perfect ventilation was going to try to follow...: [IMG] submitted by /u/BrunoFernandes2 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbob One X overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbob One X overheating: Hello, I bought my xbox a month ago and now, after about an hour of play, specifically AC Revelation, the console overheats and freezes. I can go home but if I choose any other game the console...
  5. Xbox One “Overheating”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One “Overheating”: Here is my situation, For two weeks now my xbox one has started to “overheat” when I play NBA 2K20 I know it is not a normal case because it onky happens when I play that particular game. I’ve...
  6. Xbox One X Overheating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Overheating: I'm having "Overheating" issues with my xbox one x, is quoted because, today I turned on my xbox one, launched CoD Modern Warfare and all seemed fine, the moment I pressed Warzone, fan went crazy...
  7. Xbox One X - Overheating/Ventilation Issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Overheating/Ventilation Issues.: I purchased my Xbox One X at the start of 2018. I had been playing fine in 1080p resolution up until December 2019 in which I treated myself to a 4K monitor. Ever since then i have been having...
  8. Xbox One X constant overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X constant overheating: I've had this issue for a while now, but only posting about it now. My Xbox One X is constantly overheating, sometimes it even makes games unplayable. When I play games it sounds like a jet...
  9. Xbox One S Turns Off Randomly w/ No Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Turns Off Randomly w/ No Overheating: I’ve had my Xbox One S console for under a year and I’m having power issues out of nowhere. The console just shuts off indiscriminately. It doesn’t get hot and it’s definitely been well...
  10. Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only: My Xbox One X Occasionally auto shuts down and when rebooted gives the overheating warning..........Now I can play apex legends for 5 hours straight with no issues my son plays Fortnite for 30mins...