Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account

Discus and support Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My in-game chat stopped working a couple of months ago. I mostly ignored the issue assuming it was a setting of some kind. When I went to fix the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DvineSlayer3157, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account

My in-game chat stopped working a couple of months ago. I mostly ignored the issue assuming it was a setting of some kind. When I went to fix the issue recently, I discovered that no matter what settings I use in-game or on my Xbox Live account it still
    does not work. Any time I join a channel (team, group, or match) I just have a mute icon next to my name. To be clear, I made sure that in-game chat worked on Destiny 2, and it was fine.

I also tested with the same controller and chat headset for other accounts on my xbox, and they are all able to use Overwatch in-game chat.

I contacted Blizz, they stated that my account had been silenced. After poking them several times about it, they finally blamed Microsoft stating that MS applied the silence and that I needed to contact them. The issue is that I have no actions against my
    Xbox account. I would open a ticket for MS to look at it, but it seems that a simple ticket system does not exist. Furthermore, the talk to a person thing (chat support) spins for over an hour without ever giving me a person to talk to.

Anyone have any idea where to go from here?

:)

DvineSlayer3157, Mar 6, 2020
  2. blueamcat Win User

Did you have anything show up in the past at enforcement.xbox.com ?

That's the only place that Microsoft would show any past enforcement actions.

And that is odd, as Microsoft only does suspensions on accounts, not third party games.
  3. scarface2003766 Win User

GAME CHAT on fortnite

When i enter the game it says I'm in console voice chat only

My friend got my account and it worked there

Yes only fortnite
  4. jamiemaitland Win User

Overwatch team chat not working

Hey there, if this problem still persists I have a few things you can try.

Make sure you have team chat turned on, to do this launch your game and go to options > sounds > Team voice chat and set it to auto join, also make sure your match voice chat is turned on.

Make sure if you have parental controls on that they aren't prohibiting your ability to speak and hear others online.

Make sure you aren't in a party

If this hasn't helped please contact Microsoft Support
    here
  5. Ice DjKilla Win User

Works only in-game chat

Make sure your NAT Type is Open. (Same with your friends)

If your NAT Type is Moderate or Strict, you may not be able to communicate or play with everyone.

In which, you would need to open some ports on your router, so your Xbox can communicate properly over your network.
  6. vBabyDolly Win User

Works only in-game chat

Hello! Can you please tell me which console you are currently using to play on xbox live?
Thema:

1. Overwatch in-game chat not working for only my account - Similar Threads - Overwatch game chat

2. Just bought Overwatch and Game Add-On code only has 21 digits - not 25? Can you help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Overwatch and Game Add-On code only has 21 digits - not 25? Can you help?: I've bought Overwatch on Xbox One and there is a code to get 5 legendary skins/5 epic skins/5 origin skins. The code is of the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX and needs to be a 25 digit code?...
  3. All game progress lost (Overwatch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All game progress lost (Overwatch): I decided to restart playing after so long (about 6months of not playing) and i have nothing. There were no purchases on that account just the regular unpurchased game content i made. I am level...
  4. Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox store downloads trial Overwatch Origins instead of full game.: How do I get my Xbox to download Overwatch origins full game instead of the trial? I cannot play the standard game and because I downloaded the trial the store says ready to install instead of...
  5. Games like Gears of War 4 and Overwatch which I purchashed with my xbox 1s have stopped...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games like Gears of War 4 and Overwatch which I purchashed with my xbox 1s have stopped...: Eventhough I have the overwatch disc, it still refuses to load, and the gears of war was a token from EB Games 65f96b3f-0ec0-4fc4-b57c-f7b517ebc77c
  6. Add Overwatch To The List Of Mouse And Keyboard Support Games // Razer Turret For Xbox One...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Add Overwatch To The List Of Mouse And Keyboard Support Games // Razer Turret For Xbox One...: The reason why I want overwatch on the list on mouse and keyboard support is because pretty much the whole community in the high ranks of overwatch on xbox/console use mouse and keyboard. The...
  7. Xbox One Overwatch game server connection issue error (LC-202)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Overwatch game server connection issue error (LC-202): For the past week I have been experiencing issues connecting to Overwatch's game servers. To combat this issue I have tried: - Reloading the game - Uninstalling and reinstalling the game -...
  8. Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?: When playing Overwatch if I use Win+Alt+G to capture gameplay it instead shows 30 seconds of a still shot of something else (that I did not record), or my mouse moving to click on whatever it was...
  9. help me with the overwatch game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help me with the overwatch game: Someone help me, since the last update of the game overwatch I can not even get in, my game was bought ah a long time in physical media, and now the store of xbox live is saying that I do not have...
  10. Overwatch Xbox One In-game team chat not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Xbox One In-game team chat not working: Hello, I like most Overwatch players use the in-game voice chat whilst playing, especially for ranked games. It worked fine for me until I got reported by a salty 5-man, who all reported me for...