Overwatch stuck in free trial

Discus and support Overwatch stuck in free trial in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A while back I bought and was able to play overwatch origins edition. Then, before i new that game sharing was against xbox’s terms and service, game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by toasty tug, Aug 14, 2019.

1. toasty tug
    toasty tug Guest

A while back I bought and was able to play overwatch origins edition. Then, before i new that game sharing was against xbox’s terms and service, game shared with my friend. But there was one problem, every time I tried to play overwatch it would say that
    I was in the “free trial” and that I could not play at this time. While researching how to counter this I stumbled upon a post talking about how game sharing was against the terms and service of Microsoft. Fearing an account ban I removed his games and account.
    But overwatch is still keeping me in the free trail. I purchased the game so far back that it doesn’t appear in my purchase history but I do have in game purchases to prove i had owned the game. I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling, factory
    reseting my xbox. I was about to just give up and re-purchase the game but it wont even allow me to do that! I would like to know if there is anyway I could get overwatch back or if i’ll just have to go out and purchase the disc.

:)

toasty tug, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Vinny #1 Win User

First, search your order history. Find the item mentioned, look in the store and try to install it.

I remember at that, OW has two versions, one exclusively for free weekend and other buyable. Make sure you are downloading the correct version.

If you still can't play, contact xbox support.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

If it's not showing in your purchases, then you didn't purchase it. Maybe your just not seeing it...

>>CLICK ME<< to go to purchase history. Make sure to use the ALL AVAILABLE and DIGITAL filters, and keep scrolling till you spot what you're
    looking for. You can then set it to install from there
  4. Hcsued Win User

Overwatch Free Play

Step 1 would be to ensure that you have Xbox Live Gold which you will need in order to play the free trial.

Step 2 would be to follow the following directions

• Between April 16 and 23, turn on your Xbox One and log in to your Xbox Live account.
    • Go to the Xbox One Store, then select Search.
    • In the search field, type in Overwatch.
    • Select Overwatch®: Origins Edition from the search results, then select Free Trial.
  5. Miku Sakuya Win User

Overwatch free trial problem

Sounds like the game share isnt being recognized I'd try rehoming it to the xbox sometimes it can randomly unhome I've had happen
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Overwatch free trial problem

Hi DRAG0NxHUNT3R,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue playing Overwatch that is being accessed via home Xbox. If the game share is not being recognized, you may have to log into the profile set as home Xbox to verify the home console setting is
    still enabled. To view this, check out this article:
    My Home Xbox

Please keep us updated.
Thema:

1. Overwatch stuck in free trial - Similar Threads - Overwatch stuck free

2. I Am Unable to Reinstall Overwatch Origins Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Am Unable to Reinstall Overwatch Origins Edition: I am unable to reinstall a game that I had just uninstalled during the current error code problems. It was said that to play the said games you should uninstall and reinstall the games to fix the...
  3. Competitive Overwatch - Can not play with my friend in matches.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Competitive Overwatch - Can not play with my friend in matches.: Hi, about 2 - 3 months ago me and my friend used to play overwatch competitive together all the time. I live in the UK and she lives in the US. Now when we launch a competitive match, it takes us...
  4. Overwatch xbox 1s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overwatch xbox 1s: I am struggling to open Overwatch in my xbox 1s, the error message tells me to login to my microsoft account which I have done , but can find no problem? e0beddc6-e4fb-48bb-b280-2d596d1ac524
  5. Overwatch free trial problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch free trial problem: A while ago I installed an overwatch free trial when it was available. Recently i gameshared with my friend who owns overwatch and that night it worked perfectly. But the next day, when i launched...
  6. I can’t download Overwatch on my Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t download Overwatch on my Xbox One S: I downloaded Overwatch on my Xbox One S with the Game Pass I bought but a few days after I downloaded it, it said I couldn’t open it anymore so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it but the...
  7. Xbox says I don’t own overwatch even though it’s also says downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox says I don’t own overwatch even though it’s also says downloaded: [img] ........... 50eb664a-6819-4832-8abd-a0053faa5203
  8. Overwatch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch: Hello, I started downloading Overwatch on my xbox one (Poland) and the download wouldn't finish all day. So I pressed cancel buton and hoped it would show to download again but it seems that I...
  9. Does Overwatch progress carry across platforms?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Overwatch progress carry across platforms?: I've played a tonne of OW on PC and unlocked just about everything. If I buy the game on Xbox, does that stuff all carry over? Like, do you have to log into your Bnet account? Or do you start from...
  10. Overwatch stuck on 98%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overwatch stuck on 98%: So I un-istalled and then re-install Overwatch, three times already, and it always manage to get stuck on 98% downloaded. I have downloaded two other games that didnt have any problems with what...