Overwatch stuck in free trial

Discus and support Overwatch stuck in free trial in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A while back I bought and was able to play overwatch origins edition. Then, before i new that game sharing was against xbox’s terms and service, game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by toasty tug, Aug 14, 2019.

1. toasty tug
    toasty tug Guest

A while back I bought and was able to play overwatch origins edition. Then, before i new that game sharing was against xbox’s terms and service, game shared with my friend. But there was one problem, every time I tried to play overwatch it would say that
    I was in the “free trial” and that I could not play at this time. While researching how to counter this I stumbled upon a post talking about how game sharing was against the terms and service of Microsoft. Fearing an account ban I removed his games and account.
    But overwatch is still keeping me in the free trail. I purchased the game so far back that it doesn’t appear in my purchase history but I do have in game purchases to prove i had owned the game. I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling, factory
    reseting my xbox. I was about to just give up and re-purchase the game but it wont even allow me to do that! I would like to know if there is anyway I could get overwatch back or if i’ll just have to go out and purchase the disc.

:)

toasty tug, Aug 14, 2019
  2. big-zaczac -bigwarsa Win User

A while back I bought and was able to play overwatch origins edition. Then, before i new that game sharing was against xbox’s terms and service, game shared with my friend. But there was one problem, every time I tried to play overwatch it would
    say that I was in the “free trial” and that I could not play at this time. While researching how to counter this I stumbled upon a post talking about how game sharing was against the terms and service of Microsoft. Fearing an account ban I removed his games
    and account. But overwatch is still keeping me in the free trail. I purchased the game so far back that it doesn’t appear in my purchase history but I do have in game purchases to prove i had owned the game. I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling,
    factory reseting my xbox. I was about to just give up and re-purchase the game but it wont even allow me to do that! I would like to know if there is anyway I could get overwatch back or if i’ll just have to go out and purchase the disc.
    Yeah simple restore licenses that should do the trick happend to me on ps4 restored licence wham bam thank you mam was on my way to playin in it lol
  3. Vinny #1 Win User

First, search your order history. Find the item mentioned, look in the store and try to install it.

I remember at that, OW has two versions, one exclusively for free weekend and other buyable. Make sure you are downloading the correct version.

If you still can't play, contact xbox support.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

If it's not showing in your purchases, then you didn't purchase it. Maybe your just not seeing it...

>>CLICK ME<< to go to purchase history. Make sure to use the ALL AVAILABLE and DIGITAL filters, and keep scrolling till you spot what you're
    looking for. You can then set it to install from there
  5. KatyFrye Win User

Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!

I found another discussion for this, and there are multiple answers, but the one I see the most is to change the setting on your xbox to "play disk automatically". This will force the xbox to read the disk first, before internal storage, which is where it
    is reading the free trial from. Hopefully this helps!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l-glitch/22d707f9-b088-4eb3-a7af-a8897ea8802a

Love Overwatch, see you out there!
    The thing is, thats already checked. It still does the trial thing :(
  6. ObiNelKenobi Win User

Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!

I found another discussion for this, and there are multiple answers, but the one I see the most is to change the setting on your xbox to "play disk automatically". This will force the xbox to read the disk first, before internal storage, which is where it
    is reading the free trial from. Hopefully this helps!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l-glitch/22d707f9-b088-4eb3-a7af-a8897ea8802a

Love Overwatch, see you out there!
Thema:

1. Overwatch stuck in free trial - Similar Threads - Overwatch stuck free

2. Overwatch stuck in trial mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch stuck in trial mode: Hello, I have a problem regarding overwatch. In 2018 or 2017 I bought a physical copy of the game, the origins edition one, and the game worked fine till maybe mid-early 2019, I have tried...
  3. overwatch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    overwatch: I want to download overwatch but when I try to download origins edition it has no buy button it just says not sold separately see offers. when I press see offers it only brings up overwatch...
  4. Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!: Ok so I have had overwatch for about 2 years, and only 3 or 4 months ago it started popping "...…., enjoy your free trial! if you don't want to use ……...'s trial, make sure they're signed out.....
  5. My overwatch keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My overwatch keeps crashing: I’ve restarted my xbox many times, power cycled twice and reinstalled it and yet my overwatch keeps crashing after I press a after the intro scene also bought the game digital. This problem...
  6. Lost all Overwatch data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all Overwatch data: Like it says in the title, I've literally lost all my saved data on Overwatch. Playtime, stats, rank, skins. Everything. This happened after I deleted my Battle.net account. I have been in contact...
  7. Not getting my skins from the Overwatch Legendary bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not getting my skins from the Overwatch Legendary bundle: So I purchased Overwatch on Black Friday and it came with 15 skins. So I redeemed the skins to my account on xbox, and when I logged into Overwatch for the first time I had nothing. I refreshed...
  8. Streaming Overwatch on Xbox One on Twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming Overwatch on Xbox One on Twitch: Hi so every time i stream on twitch on the xbox app it keeps crashing after various amounts of time with the game overwatch this doesn't seem like a problem on my end i've done everything to try...
  9. I am suspecting that Overwatch is overtaken by a bunch of cheaters. Now what?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suspecting that Overwatch is overtaken by a bunch of cheaters. Now what?: So, this is so bad. If I lose everytime to cheaters, then what? I feel that Overwatch has been overtaken or something. 72f09e50-013b-49ea-beb7-4b7d2ecf02f5
  10. Overwatch stuck on 98%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overwatch stuck on 98%: So I un-istalled and then re-install Overwatch, three times already, and it always manage to get stuck on 98% downloaded. I have downloaded two other games that didnt have any problems with what...