Owned games stating need game pass to play

Discus and support Owned games stating need game pass to play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday evening, after playing earlier in the day with no problem, my son kept getting redirected to choose a game pass package to play his games.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmilyForster, Jan 21, 2020.

1. EmilyForster
    EmilyForster Guest

Yesterday evening, after playing earlier in the day with no problem, my son kept getting redirected to choose a game pass package to play his games. These are owned games, no disc. We've power cycled, unplugged, logged out, deleted account and added back,
    deleted game and added back. Nothing works.

I dont know why out of the blue this started and i dont want to pay even more money to play things he already spent a great deal purchasing. Any suggestions???

:)

EmilyForster, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Dr deadpool15 Win User

Hi,

If your childs game was purchased via Xbox live/gamepass they'll need a subscription to continue playing.

I hope this tip and the other from my fellow has helped.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Yesterday evening, after playing earlier in the day with no problem, my son kept getting redirected to choose a game pass package to play his games. These are owned games, no disc. We've power cycled, unplugged, logged out, deleted account and added back,
    deleted game and added back. Nothing works.

I dont know why out of the blue this started and i dont want to pay even more money to play things he already spent a great deal purchasing. Any suggestions???
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status there is an service alert for purches right now
  4. AridLizard Win User

try restarting the router then while the router is off hold the power button on the Xbox for 10 seconds to turn off the Xbox.

wait 5 minutes then turn the router back on and wait for it to fully initialise (all green lights) then turn on the Xbox.

sometime network problems cause it to get confused about the licence for the game. resetting the router and Xbox together should fix it. if it doesn't please let us know so we can find a solution for you
  5. OakGill Win User

Hello, I've read your post, and I believe I understand your position. The Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

I noticed you said you have already gone through quite a few options, and then even tried hardware troubleshooting.

If I read your post correctly, may I ask, do you have an active Xbox live or game pass subscription?

Also when you say owned games, do you mean digital or disc format? Be advised, some games even though owned in digital format still need Xbox live and internet connection for certain features.
  6. kiki0093 Win User

Check and see if your game pass has expored.
Thema:

1. Owned games stating need game pass to play - Similar Threads - Owned games stating

2. Unhide owned games list with new dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    Unhide owned games list with new dashboard: How do I unhide games from all owned list with the new dashboard? Left stick + x doesn't seem to work anymore. submitted by /u/catattaro [link] [comments]
  3. Owned games...and game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned games...and game pass.: It irritates me that if I own a game and it happens to be on game pass it says "with game pass you can play this game now or you can buy it to own". I mean can we just get a tab in games and apps...
  4. Bought game and no longer own it..

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought game and no longer own it..: Hi, in late September of 2019 I purchased Ark Survival Evolved on the PC Microsoft store and i went to re-download the game yesterday and it does not give me the option to download the game... If...
  5. Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and...: Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and have played since came out 5cbe1b23-cfe9-46f7-a55b-ecc6a88a9bf3
  6. Not showing up as an owned game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not showing up as an owned game.: I bought xcom 2 forever ago, played it but never beat it. Deleted it to make Room for new games. Then today I went to download it again, but it says i need to pay for it. Not showing that i own...
  7. ‘Do you own this game or app?’ WWE 2k15 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ‘Do you own this game or app?’ WWE 2k15 disc: Hi, so pretty much my WWE 2k15 disc for the xbox one will not launch. Once i download it and try to launch i get the ‘do you own this game or app?’ message. This only occurs for this game in...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC, State of Decay 2: Heartland Won't Install, even though I own the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC, State of Decay 2: Heartland Won't Install, even though I own the...: [img] As you can see in the picture I have a problem with this dlc. I own State of Decay 2 and all other dlc for it. I just bought a month of Xbox Game pass for PC, and when I go to download the...
  9. I can’t download a game I owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t download a game I owned: I brought modern warfare and i can’t download it to my xbox. ef986331-cd53-4eef-b5de-47b2001b182a
  10. I own Game Pass Ultimate & Gold, but Jump Force will not start - states I need to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Game Pass Ultimate & Gold, but Jump Force will not start - states I need to renew...: Please help me. I have literally just renewed my Game Pass Ultimate package for 15.89, and it will not allow me to play. I installed the game, I can play Gears 5 no issues. What can I do?...