P buttons labeled wrong on back of elite controller

Discus and support P buttons labeled wrong on back of elite controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I went to map my buttons I noticed the P buttons in the app were layout different than on my controller. It made it confusing when mapping my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Constapatience, Oct 27, 2015.

1. P buttons labeled wrong on back of elite controller

When I went to map my buttons I noticed the P buttons in the app were layout different than on my controller. It made it confusing when mapping my buttons. Has anyone else noticed this?

:)

Constapatience, Oct 27, 2015
  2. Dogpaws73
    Dogpaws73 Guest
    Button remapping no longer working on Elite Controller

Is anyone else having issues remapping buttons on their elite controller? I am now getting a no symbol when trying to remap buttons to the P buttons on the back. I then loaded a profile for a previous game that had the P buttons mapped and tried to change
    it, only to get the no symbol again. Tried to change it back and I'm unable to do so now. Help!

Dogpaws73, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Custom button layout

I read a bit into the controller made by Razer, it has 4 customisable buttons (2 on the back and 2 in between the bumpers)

On the Xbox Elite controller you can change all buttons so if you want your bumper to be the A button you can do that, and still have 4 extra buttons on the back. In the end it all comes down to which you prefer. The Xbox Elite controller is heavier because
    it has steel components. The Razer Wildcat is lighter and has different features.

Razer Wildcat:
    www.razerzone.com/.../razer-wildcat-xbox-one

Xbox Elite Controller:
    www.xbox.com/.../elite-wireless-controller

FearedNightmare, Oct 27, 2015
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

Yep. They need to switch them around in the app.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 27, 2015
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there Constapatience and SigmaTheDJ!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is currently aware and looking into this P buttons labeled wrong on back of elite controller :) Definitely appreciate your patience on this.

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Constapatience and SigmaTheDJ!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is currently aware and looking into this :) Definitely appreciate your patience on this.
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Yep. They need to switch them around in the app.
  8. Zero420override Win User

Xbox elite controller y, b,a, x, no lights 1

As a fellow Elite Controller owner I can assure you there is nothing wrong with your controller. The only "button" with a backlight is the Home button. Hope this helps

Keep Calm & Game On!
  9. FearedNightmare Win User

Custom button layout

I read a bit into the controller made by Razer, it has 4 customisable buttons (2 on the back and 2 in between the bumpers)

On the Xbox Elite controller you can change all buttons so if you want your bumper to be the A button you can do that, and still have 4 extra buttons on the back. In the end it all comes down to which you prefer. The Xbox Elite controller is heavier because
    it has steel components. The Razer Wildcat is lighter and has different features.

Razer Wildcat:
    www.razerzone.com/.../razer-wildcat-xbox-one

Xbox Elite Controller:
    www.xbox.com/.../elite-wireless-controller
  10. XBF Brad A Win User

Customer Service Issue

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With accessory repairs, they do not send a shipping label. They are self shipping. Only controllers that do get a shipping label are elite controllers and design lab controllers. Hope this answers your
    question.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. P buttons labeled wrong on back of elite controller - Similar Threads - buttons labeled wrong

2. Can I press the buttons of Xbox adaptive controller with my feet or do I need to connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I press the buttons of Xbox adaptive controller with my feet or do I need to connect...: Long story short, I need only a foot pedal and found out that Xbox adaptive controller is reliable device. Can I use it exclusively as a foot pedal? Thanks 92440240-70b6-4b66-9e64-a19979e46e8d
  3. Eject button eject's my disc and keeps making the beeping sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Eject button eject's my disc and keeps making the beeping sound: Time to time my eject button eject's my disc even if there not a disc in it I've unplugged it for 5 mins idk why it does it tho (edit) for some reason I can't can't reply to you but yes it happens...
  4. Greyed out buttons on Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Greyed out buttons on Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar: I am unable to use my Xbox game bar due to the buttons being greyed out, I also cannot find the settings to enable it in my settings nor can I find that one tab in the Xbox app. I've tried to...
  5. laptop f2 button triggers the C button function while playing video games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    laptop f2 button triggers the C button function while playing video games.: Basically, while playing something like tf2, pressing the f2 button on laptops triggers the C button. Its odd, because pressing the f2 button while for example, writing here, doesnt add a C, but...
  6. New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work: Hello! I purchased a new Xbox controller for the Series X. I wasn't able to turn it on with the home button so I plugged it in with a USB cable to the console, every button/stick works except for...
  7. home button

in XBoX on Windows
    home button: please it did not work so please give me an updated method. 6ade60a4-1509-4fa1-b3f2-e5a050cfa53b
  8. How to fix an Xbox Series X controller's Xbox button being unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox Series X controller's Xbox button being unresponsive?: I set up my brand-new Xbox this past weekend and have probably logged maybe ten to fifteen hours on it if we're being generous and earlier today my controller's Xbox button became effectively...
  9. No 'get' button to install Minecraft: Java

in XBoX Accessibility
    No 'get' button to install Minecraft: Java: Hi, I have been waiting to install the Minecraft: Java edition since the announcement on the 7th. I have the Windows edition already, but I am not able to install the Launcher or the Java version...
  10. The controller has 4 button at the front. Why is Left Top button labeled as LB, Left Bottom as ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller has 4 button at the front. Why is Left Top button labeled as LB, Left Bottom as ...: Right Top as RB and Right Bottom as RT? Apparently you call them bumpers and triggers but why did you choose such confusing names? Do you even test for usability? 310cf374-988e-4306-a076-d63e390dcd03