p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed

Discus and support p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought a vizio pseries 65 in and ive been noticing when i i turn hdr 10 on in the xbox series x it greys out textures ive messed with color... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VonMoltke117, Jan 12, 2021.

1. VonMoltke117
    VonMoltke117 Guest

Just bought a vizio pseries 65 in and ive been noticing when i i turn hdr 10 on in the xbox series x it greys out textures ive messed with color settings and tried just about everything and i cant seem to get good color i only get it when i turn hdr 10
    off. What do i need to do
    p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed [​IMG]

:)

VonMoltke117, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Elite Clone Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I'm having the same exact issue I have no problem displaying 4k but my HDTV does support hdr 10 but no matter what i do the hdr option is greyed out . This is rather frustrating as I would love to see what hdr looks like on my tv. I'm using the supplied
    HDMI cable that came with my xbox one s. My tv model is a Hisense h8 series model number 50h8c
  3. ZippedSum Win User

HDR dark dull and washed out

I assume you are using an Xbox One S/X, which supports 4K/HDR.

Some 4K TV's only display 4K/HDR through one HDMI port. Is this the case with yours? You can also check your TV settings to make sure 4K(UHD)/HDR/HDMI 2.0 is enabled over the HDMI port. Verify that HDR is enabled in your Xbox display settings (set Color
    depth to 10-bit, ensure HDR is enabled in the advanced settings).

Since the PS4 Pro seems to be getting HDR color over one of your HDMI ports, what happens if you were to swap it with your Xbox? Do you get your HDR colors back?
    I have a Xbox S and will soon be getting the X.

I have turned all HDMI cables on to the Enhanced mode to support HDR etc. I have tried swapping the hdmi over between the PRO and S ... The settings on the Tv are exactly the same as the PS4 Pro. There must be a setting on the S that I'm missing? It used
    to work until there was an update about a year ago which then made everything on the xbox dull and dark, as if they have messed up the signal or something. Maybe the RGB colours are wrong etc?

The games I have tried are:

Sea Of Thieves - Dull dark and washed out

Forza Horizon 3 - dark and dull.

Zoo Tycoon - an absolute mess (Very dark and hardly any colour what so ever.

I can post pictures to show you the difference... I just want it to bloody work!

Thanks in advance
  4. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  5. Dank DG Win User

Xbox Series X

yes they will.

even older games will be improved with HDR

from the original xbox to xbox series X
  6. TWISTED BULLET Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

I have the same issue, I have a Vizio P75C1 and the picture is dull and lifeless when hdr is on and hdr content is being played. Is this a hardware issue or just a firmware update is needed from the xbox one?

Does anyone have an xbox one s and a samsung UHD player? with hdr turn on with both? is the xbox one s the only one with hdr10 dullness issues?

Ive tried every setting there is and nothing improves the dull color when hdr10 is active. With hdr10 off the picture looks incredible.
Thema:

1. p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed - Similar Threads - p65q9 HDR series

2. Screen flicker with XSX and HDR enabled.

in XboX Insiders
    Screen flicker with XSX and HDR enabled.: This seems to have happened with one of the latest builds. Whenever I load up an HDR capable game, the screen constantly flickers in and out. On my TV info box that appears it seems to be going...
  3. HDR settings greyed out with CEC

in XboX Insiders
    HDR settings greyed out with CEC: When I applied cec settings on Xbox it rebooted , put the hdmi cable from receiver output to TVs specified hdmi arc cec port ( mine was hdmi 3 ) . Made sure tv and receiver all set to cec . When...
  4. My Xbox series X has really poor 4K HDR capture!

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X has really poor 4K HDR capture!: Anybody noticed that the quality of the series X clips are really poor and badly compressed almost blocky i have tried both internal and external with the same results. I just got an Series X...
  5. Is there a reason that the Xbox Series X does not support HDR with Full RGB enabled?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a reason that the Xbox Series X does not support HDR with Full RGB enabled?: When enabling Full RGB on my Series X it disables HDR. HDR only seems to work with the standard colour space. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update as I can't think of any reason...
  6. No hdr when resuming game on Xbox one x

in XboX Insiders
    No hdr when resuming game on Xbox one x: Hey all, Got this issue where I resume my game on Xbox one x, but hdr gets disabled when resuming. I have to re open the game to get hdr back. Had this issue on beta buildz but now also on the...
  7. Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to upload my 4k HDR Game clips.: So I have the new Xbox series x and I love it. It really great. Now I don't know if this is a network issue or if this is a hardware issue but yesterday I recorded a 30 second clip of a good play...
  8. Xbox one x HDR washing out picture possible solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x HDR washing out picture possible solution: Right so I may have a solution for HDR washing out and causing your TV to look like it's gone into power saving with backlighting turned off. I've been searching myself but never found the...
  9. HDR Not Working Lately? Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Not Working Lately? Series X: I use my Series X through an Elgato 4K60S+ for capturing higher quality gameplay. Usually HDR passes through just fine. Occasionally need to reset console/card to have the Series X complete its...
  10. HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv: Hi all, I find it disappointing that my xbox series s will not let me use the hdr function on my 1080p lg tv. However the playstation consoles do let you use hdr at a 1080p video resolution....