Panasonic SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar

Discus and support Panasonic SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers) SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar I have an insignia sound bar. (I selected Panasonic because it didn’t have... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Tysonsk8ter, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tysonsk8ter
    Tysonsk8ter Guest

Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers) SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar
    I have an insignia sound bar. (I selected Panasonic because it didn’t have insignia as an option) Currently, I have the optical cable connected to the tv, and the sound from my Xbox is connected through hdmi to the tv, which then comes out through the sound
    bar. Would it differ in sound quality if I connected the optical cable directly to the Xbox or keep it connected to the tv?

:)

Tysonsk8ter, Nov 10, 2017
  2. zMarky x
    zMarky x Guest
    I'm having trouble connecting my xbox one to my surround sound. NEED HELP PLEASE

How do I get sound from my xbox one to my Panasonic SA-XR10 Receiver? I have plugged an optical cable from my xbox one to the receiver but this doesn't seem to work as the sound doesn't come through. Anyone have any ideas please?

zMarky x, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Gunjeee
    Gunjeee Guest
    HDMI Audio & Optical Audio

I have the XBOX One connected directly to my TV using the HDMI cable.

Audio and video is working perfectly.

I also have a Polk Sound Bar that does not have HDMI. It does have optical, so I have the XBOX One connected directly to my Sound Bar using the optical cable.

I am not getting any sound from the Sound Bar.

Both the HDMI Audio and Optical Audio is set to "Stereo Uncompressed" in my Settings Menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have been reading some articles online stating that the optical output only delivers stereo at launch, and that Dolby Digital will be coming post-launch with an update.

Could this be the reason why my Sound Bar is not working - because it needs Dolby Digital?

Thanks for your time. Hopefully someone can help me.

Gunjeee, Nov 10, 2017
  4. entexman Win User

Sound Issue

You most likely have to run an optical audio cable from your Xbox one to your tv (if it has an optical audio input that is) if you want to get the audio to your sound bar. Audio should still come out through the tv's built in speakers though.
  5. RIPPER731 Win User

New to Xbox one and have home theater issue with sound.

The tv is Emerson model LF501EM5F

The surround sound is Panasonic model is SA-PT760
  6. KindFawn1020829 Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have the vizio S4251W-B4 5.1 sound bar hooked up straight to the xbox one using digital optical audio cable. Volume up and down command works for me. This sound bar supports DTS.
  7. KindFawn1020829 Win User

Not getting a digital signal to my soundbar from XB1.

I have the same sound bar. If you hook the sound bar up straight to the xbox one with a digital optical audio cable and not your tv the DTS on the sound bar will work. Works with games, blu-rays and my comcast cable hd channels that support 5.1. The DTS
    light on the vizio sound bar Wil light up when you turn on it on and when you change input on the sound bar and shortly turn off indicting it's working. These are my settings, HDMI audio off. Optical audio DTS Digital Surround. And under tv & one guide settings,
    click troublshooting, I have surround sound (beta) checked. Only thing I don't know if DTS or Dolby digital is better. With the march update I will have the option to choose DTS or Dolby digital that the vizio 5.1 sound bar does support.
  8. Rusbr Masas Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hi,

I'll address each of your points in turn:

Q) You were able to hear system sounds before you included the sound bar.

A) Correct

Q) You cannot hear system sounds with the sound bar included in your set-up.

A) Under certain conditions, correct. These are the conditions:

- When the Sound Bar is connected directly to the Xbox 360 via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds when using Digital Stereo

- When the Sound Bar connects to my TV via HDMI, and my TV outputs audio to the Sound Bar via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds, regardless of Xbox's output format. This is because my HDTV outputs only linear PCM when the audio source is HDMI

Q) You are now unable to hear system sounds even directly connected to your TV

A) Correct -- see above for further details

Q) Are you able to hear other sounds in games or movies?

A) Yes -- I watched an AVI movie on my Xbox 360 when using digital optical through my TV, and I didn't notice any issues with the audio.

Q) Is there any configuration of your set-up that allows you to hear the system sounds?

A) There are two situations where I can hear the system sounds:

- When the Xbox 360 connects directly to the Sound Bar, the the output audio format is Dolby Digital

- When the Xbox 360 connects to my HDTV, and then the HDTV outputs analog audio to the Sound Bar
Thema:

1. Panasonic SA-DP1: Optical audio with sound bar - Similar Threads - Panasonic DP1 Optical

2. Problem hdr with xbox one x/pioneer vsx-lx304/panasonic 55FZ800

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem hdr with xbox one x/pioneer vsx-lx304/panasonic 55FZ800: Hello, I contact you because I have an HDR problem with my xbox onex and my new pioneer VSX-LX304 A / V amplifier. I connected my equipment on it, Panasonic FZ800, Panasonic UB420, Apple TV, PS4...
  3. Panasonic TX-L42E6EW: XBOX One S won't connect to Panasonic TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic TX-L42E6EW: XBOX One S won't connect to Panasonic TV: Panasonic (Televisions) TX-L42E6EW: XBOX One S won't connect to Panasonic TV sounds like its the tv, is the one in your room, and the one in the lounge room the same brand and model? Have you...
  4. Panasonic TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly: Panasonic (Televisions) TC-50PS60: Xbox wont connect/work properly 1. Do a hard restart, by holding the power button for 10 seconds. 2. If that doesn't work, perform a factory reset without...
  5. Panasonic: Best TV to play with xbox

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic: Best TV to play with xbox: Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers): Best TV to play with xbox As the others have already said, check out RTINGS.COM. One of the important attributes you should look for is low input latency as that...
  6. Panasonic TC-P65V10: help to set up live tv one guide required

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic TC-P65V10: help to set up live tv one guide required: Panasonic (Televisions) TC-P65V10: help to set up live tv one guide required Hey Don thanks for keeping us in the loop! Unfortunately at the moment this setup wouldn't be possible since the...
  7. Panasonic Panasonic HWT130 : Sound

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic Panasonic HWT130 : Sound: Panasonic (Set-top Boxes) Panasonic HWT130 : Sound Awesome!! Glad this helped! 28412ea1-879a-433d-b5bf-f17475400bb1
  8. Panasonic TC-50PS64: Xbox One S 1080p 120Hz Viera TC L42D2

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic TC-50PS64: Xbox One S 1080p 120Hz Viera TC L42D2: Panasonic (Televisions) TC-50PS64: Xbox One S 1080p 120Hz Viera TC L42D2 Ohh why i bought This cabel for 70$ :D Thank You for help i have to buy New tv for 120hz ca348510-e9b3-4232-bf5e-88fe349ff9f9
  9. Panasonic SUHTB350: will this device work with my console?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic SUHTB350: will this device work with my console?: Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers) SUHTB350: will this device work with my console? Hey there! Which device are you using, exactly? We'd be happy to provide some help just need a bit more...
  10. Panasonic SA-DP1: Buy Generic pills Oline without prescription Xanax, Oxy, tramadol, and ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Panasonic SA-DP1: Buy Generic pills Oline without prescription Xanax, Oxy, tramadol, and ...: Panasonic (Audio/Video Receivers) SA-DP1: Buy Generic pills Oline without prescription Xanax, Oxy, tramadol, and Diazepam here without Rx Have you ever feel like playing with the spirit of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. panasonic sa-dp1